First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber
Does anyone know part numbers for the upgrade. I’m looking for power folding power extend heated camera and blis ones.
Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I got them off of the Ford Accessories website. As bad of experiences as I've had with them on some products with inadequate descriptions, the descriptions for the tow mirrors are exact and tell you what you need to know. I was worried about the install, and found that it took me 15 minutes start to finish.

I have manual fold mirrors, and in a bad week I have to manually fold like 4 times (car wash, multiple banks with non-functional drive-through ATMs). Electric fold is on the fence for convenience vs "you just know it's gonna break some day".

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
My friend has them, I don't. IMO they look a little goofy from the outside on a truck that isn't towing. If towing they look normal and the standard mirrors look goofy. From the driver's seat however, tow mirrors are the superior mirrors whether towing or not. If you can accept the Dumbo-ish look when not towing, I vote get the tow mirrors.

Gerstein1989

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber
I got them off of the Ford Accessories website. As bad of experiences as I've had with them on some products with inadequate descriptions, the descriptions for the tow mirrors are exact and tell you what you need to know. I was worried about the install, and found that it took me 15 minutes start to finish.

I have manual fold mirrors, and in a bad week I have to manually fold like 4 times (car wash, multiple banks with non-functional drive-through ATMs). Electric fold is on the fence for convenience vs "you just know it's gonna break some day".
The description for the fully equipped mirrors is kind of fuzzy on ford parts websites. Some say it has the blis and some say they don’t even though they are the same part number. I think I might just go into the dealership and get them to order it. I was like looking at the boosted auto parts version which is a 1/4 of the price of oem but in the way they get the power extend to work is kind of ghetto lol.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
You have power, power fold, and BLIS. My factory mirrors were BLIS/power but not power fold (obviously). I picked the mirror with those options in the title and it was 100% PNP. I completely understand your misgivings, but for this one the description actually works.

Sponsored

Gerstein1989

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber
You have power, power fold, and BLIS. My factory mirrors were BLIS/power but not power fold (obviously). I picked the mirror with those options in the title and it was 100% PNP. I completely understand your misgivings, but for this one the description actually works.
How do you like the tow mirrors. Would you say they are worth it. I’m here in Canada and if I’m looking at the right ones it’s gonna run me 2500cad, but I think I need to speak to the parts department just to make sure they are the right ones. I’m pretty sure even if your mirrors didn’t originally come power fold and you bought the power fold ones you can enable it in forscan and you would just need to by the switch.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
This is actually a good question.
My '15 had the reg mirrors and my '22 has the tow mirrors... and I have to tell you I'm not a fan. Admittedly I don't tow a lot; boat goes to the lake in spring and comes home in the fall, same with the jet skis.
But the mirrors are huge, I'm 6'1" and have troubles seeing over the mirrors many times, blind spots etc.
Ironically my real estate agent has a '21 Plat with reg mirrors, I would trade her straight across of I could.
I'd like em better if they were lower.

Gerstein1989

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber
This is actually a good question.
My '15 had the reg mirrors and my '22 has the tow mirrors... and I have to tell you I'm not a fan. Admittedly I don't tow a lot; boat goes to the lake in spring and comes home in the fall, same with the jet skis.
But the mirrors are huge, I'm 6'1" and have troubles seeing over the mirrors many times, blind spots etc.
Ironically my real estate agent has a '21 Plat with reg mirrors, I would trade her straight across of I could.
I'd like em better if they were lower.
The only thing I don’t like about my regular mirrors is that I’d doesn’t have the blind spot square in the bottom corner

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
How do you like the tow mirrors. Would you say they are worth it. I’m here in Canada and if I’m looking at the right ones it’s gonna run me 2500cad, but I think I need to speak to the parts department just to make sure they are the right ones. I’m pretty sure even if your mirrors didn’t originally come power fold and you bought the power fold ones you can enable it in forscan and you would just need to by the switch.
That may well be possible, and I haven't tried it. As you said, they aren't cheap, and I didn't want yet another $1000 experiment. My big worry is that the connectors would not match up, which means that now I'm soldering different connectors on to my truck's wiring harness to kludge in a part that the software may not support. If you want to go that route I wish you all the best, but be prepared to address any number of pitfalls along the way. My rule is don't be the first guy to try out a mod.

Gerstein1989

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber
That may well be possible, and I haven't tried it. As you said, they aren't cheap, and I didn't want yet another $1000 experiment. My big worry is that the connectors would not match up, which means that now I'm soldering different connectors on to my truck's wiring harness to kludge in a part that the software may not support. If you want to go that route I wish you all the best, but be prepared to address any number of pitfalls along the way. My rule is don't be the first guy to try out a mod.
So my current mirrors have everything. It has power folding blis auto fold heated camera(for the 360) so if I get the comparable tow mirror the only thing I would be adding is the power extend and if you buy the switch you just have to add it with forscan. I just have to make sure I find the right part number. There is just a lot of inconsistencies with part descriptions on these online websites.

Texcellent

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 2017 Expedition
Occupation
Oil and Gas, Project Manager
I bought these for pulling the camper with on road trips.
Doesn’t cover up the floods, cameras and just snaps on. For 100 bucks I called them a win and had no issues pulling our 32’ for 3k miles.

Ford F-150 Tow Mirrors IMG_2618
Ford F-150 Tow Mirrors IMG_2503
Sponsored