Sponsored

Debating reordering my truck in a PB- few questions

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
What is the best way to go about finding out a realistic sale price for a 2200 mile mint condition '22 4wd XL? Rough spread.. looking like 9k for the PB upgrade would be a 'good' deal.
My go to for realistic price is getting the instant quote from Carvana.com. That is cash on the barrel head right now, no games and pretty fair numbers. Selling private party is a question of desirability of what your selling compared to what dealers have in stock. Rarely, very rarely will you do as well selling private party for something that dealers have lots of. I fear for an XL.....

Dealers can still get close to Carvana price on trade if they want to, though they dont tend to overpay quite to the degree they use to last year to the beginning of the this year. Armed with the Carvana price, see what the dealer trade would be.

Advantage to factor on trade is tax savings on trade if your state does that. If the net is in your favor to give it to Carvana then there you go.

If you had a higher trim + BAP would give more options, but those are likely your best and easiest routes.
Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I would invest in solar panels and lithium-phosphate batteries for the trailer. A lithium-posphaste (LP) battery can be discharged 90% with no damage as compared to 50% with flooded lead acid or AGM batteries. That means twice as much available power and they charge much faster as they can accept a much higher voltage from the charge controller.

With a truck llike the powerboost you pay less for gas but are paying for the electricity so the savings are not much at all. Usually the cost for the electricity is about like paying $2 per gallon of gas which is not bad but not zero either.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I wouldn't change to the PowerBoost for mileage. I average about 17.8 mpg and am not lead footed. It is a great option if you want more power and can use the generator.
I'm at the opposite end, but as a caveat, I have more miles either purely towing, or a mix of towing/not towing on a tank than simply non towing.

On those tanks where I haven't either partially or completely towed, I've averaged (hand calculated) between 20.38 and 24.37 mpg.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I'm at the opposite end, but as a caveat, I have more miles either purely towing, or a mix of towing/not towing on a tank than simply non towing.

On those tanks where I haven't either partially or completely towed, I've averaged (hand calculated) between 20.38 and 24.37 mpg.
I know my truck has it in her. I averaged 22.4 on an 80 mile freeway trip doing low 70's yesterday and over 30 mpg on a 7 mile 35 mph trip with few stoplights. It just doesn't work for my daily commute.
Sponsored