Sponsored

Dealership not honoring signed Vehicle Order Agreement, demanding higher price

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
Problem is I already picked the vehicle up. I was there for 6 hours (no exaggeration) while they played the game and told me there was no other choice. I was tired of it and signed new slip, slept on it a couple nights and got pissed and here I am now. I also agree with the first post, I will be contacting an attorney on Monday and emailing whatever emails I can find at Ford. I did see contact information for Farley (supposedly) somewhere on another forum I'll look for
no worries. Make sure you ding them on the survey. That’s your best bet to recover. Most will cut a check quickly. I don’t think it will go to attorneys
Sponsored

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
I placed a F150 factory order back in March, signed the Order Agreement and placed initial down payment, upon delivery of the truck the dealership informed me that they would no longer honor the contract that I had signed with them because Ford had raised the price of the F150 line (weeks after I ordered the truck) and also that I wouldn't be getting one of the rebates because I missed the deadline (I signed the Order on 3/28, they waited until 4/4 to place it, rebate expired 4/1). I was told at the dealership this was the way it was and there were no other options. A couple of days after I started thinking about it more and looked online and saw that Ford would actually credit the dealership for this discrepancy and that was supposed to be passed back to consumer (initial contract would be honored). I contacted the Ford Customer Relationship Center (800-392-3673) and after speaking to a Rep., she seemed to understand my concern and asked for documentation, opened a case number and said she would be in contact. Several days had gone by with no word, so I reached out again, was told to expect a call in a couple days, again nothing. I called back today and was told it was a marketing issue, not customer care, but that they would still contact me regarding the case #. I was hoping that getting a case number would get me closer to having this resolved, but seems like it's getting stalled now. Has anyone else gone through this? Wondering if someone has, if they had any contact information for the correct department. I'd prefer to have this handled in a cordial, business way, but thinking now I may be better off just getting an attorney involved.

Edit: Invoices attached
I would hire a lawyer. You signed a purchase and locked in the price of the vehicle at that price. Sounds like a shady dealer.

P-cubed

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Ranger, Edge
Currie always seemed to want to play the stereotypical "dealership games". I wound up going to Smith Ford a few towns over and couldn't be happier. The February price was exactly what I paid (minus an extra rebate they found) for my late June delivery. No hassle, no bullshit.

jasonmi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
I would hire a lawyer. You signed a purchase and locked in the price of the vehicle at that price. Sounds like a shady dealer.
Contact your states Attorney General office or Licensing dept and file a formal complaint.

Losing the ability to sell cars is the way to go after the dealer.
Sponsored