First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Dropped my truck off this morning to get the pin code reset and have the dealership's aftermarket team apply the bed liner. While in there I wanted to have them install the leveling kit I bought on my own so it could also get the alignment while there. I figured it'd ne a couple hundred in labor plus the alignment.

They proceed to tell me it's going to be and I $hit you not... $1,100 for the install and alignment... :oops: Wait wut??? They went on claiming it's about 6.5 hour job in shop time to install the strut spacers and another 1.5 hours for the alignment.

The first thing out my mouth was then you guys are doing it wrong... That it should at best take about 90 minutes to install the spacers and it'd take longer to set the truck up on the rack than actually doing the alignment. I mean I can probably do it in about 45 min a side since it took me a little less than than on my 2020 ranger that has nearly the same exact setup as the F150 only smaller..

I then asked him how many leveling jobs do they do and he said none..

Gee...

I wonder why.... :rolleyes:

I mean they are priced the same for the bed liner as several other places... But 1100 bucks for a leveling job... :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Fuck them. Do the leveling somewhere else.

But, you already know that!

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 SCEW (current), 2022 f150 (ordered)
I paid $800. Never again. Just paying for convenience cuz it was an “off road” shop. All though their alignment machine is bad ass.

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
4 Wheel Parts Quote for front coilover install, rear shocks install, and alignment. Emailed it to me yesterday.

Ford F-150 Dealership Aftermarket Team Out Their Damned Minds Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 8.39.42 PM

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Fuck them. Do the leveling somewhere else.

But, you already know that!
Yeah.. That's pretty much my stance on it.

I paid $800. Never again. Just paying for convenience cuz it was an “off road” shop. All though their alignment machine is bad ass.
I normally do this sort of work myself, but figured what the hell it's already there may as well let them install the shims and align it.

Not for that price..

4 Wheel Parts Quote for front coilover install, rear shocks install, and alignment. Emailed it to me yesterday.

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 8.39.42 PM.png

That's actually a really decent price from 4 wheel parts and more/less what I was expecting. There's a couple shops similar to 4 wheel by my work I might go by there at lunch time to see what they want. Thanks for posting this up.

Sponsored

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
Dropped my truck off this morning to get the pin code reset and have the dealership's aftermarket team apply the bed liner. While in there I wanted to have them install the leveling kit I bought on my own so it could also get the alignment while there. I figured it'd ne a couple hundred in labor plus the alignment.

They proceed to tell me it's going to be and I $hit you not... $1,100 for the install and alignment... :oops: Wait wut??? They went on claiming it's about 6.5 hour job in shop time to install the strut spacers and another 1.5 hours for the alignment.

The first thing out my mouth was then you guys are doing it wrong... That it should at best take about 90 minutes to install the spacers and it'd take longer to set the truck up on the rack than actually doing the alignment. I mean I can probably do it in about 45 min a side since it took me a little less than than on my 2020 ranger that has nearly the same exact setup as the F150 only smaller..

Gee...

I mean they are priced the same for the bed liner as several other places... But 1100 bucks for a leveling job... :ROFLMAO:
And I bet they'd charge you for the tube of KY too.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
nahh. That's extra.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
wow.....

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
My dealership charges $850 for level kit installed.. I haven't bitten and probably won't.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4

Gee...

Yeah, I was quoted $900 CDN by my dealerships accessory dept. Pass.

Sponsored

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
I am thinking about getting beefier tires on my stock wheels as well as a leveling kit. I am completely clueless when it comes to pricing for this stuff so this thread is very helpful.

So what is the best place to get bigger tires and a leveling kit installed? Obviously avoiding the dealership, is the best value/professionalism a place like '4 wheel parts'?

glockcopbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Project Manager
I installed a similar kit myself on my 2019. I was a big pain in the butt!

I cheated and rented space down the road at a shop that rents shop space by the hour. (it provides a lift and all basic automotive hand tools for $45. Any other auto equipment is available for an additional fee as well as certified mechanics to answer simple questioned or you can pay additional to have them help you.) It took me three hours and i had to have the mechanic help me at times just to have the extra manpower to pry the springs out. This simple install of spring spacers requires you to disassemble the full front end and then its a tight fit the get the springs back in.

I am not saying that it right for a dealer to charge $800-$1200 but it is way more complicated of a project on an F150 than you think.
Sponsored