First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
I took my truck in for an oil change/tire rotation (made appointment within warranty range) and asked the service writer to take a look at some issues I was having, including paint peeling in my grille (21 STX), cup holder tensioners that no longer work, my sunglasses holder that won’t stay up when it is cold out (less than 45 degrees). The service writer told me “we’re at least 3 weeks out, you need to make an appointment” to which I replied “you guys can’t even look at it? I mentioned it on the phone” and his response was “no, lol lol change guys only do oil changes, they can’t even look at it. You need to make an appointment”. So, by the time I was able to get an appointment scheduled between work and the holidays, my mileage warranty had expired since I’m around 39,000 miles now. I took the truck in Tuesday, and the service manager told me “a day past warranty is a day past warranty” and said I could leave the truck at the shop and they would look into the cupholders, but I would need to sign for a half hour of labor for the parts counter person to look up the parts for the cup holder. As for the paint that’s peeling on a truck that’s less than 2 years old, they said I could go to the body shop but since I was past 36,000 they couldn’t touch it, even though they refused to look at it when I asked for it to be addressed earlier, and now are refusing to do anything about it. I’ve had nothing but issues with this dealership, and now I have a less than 2 year old truck with paint failure and they are refusing to do anything about it. I reached out to their customer service team yesterday, and have received only generic responses and no action whatsoever after they said they were going to have the service manager contact me. I’ve had nothing but bad experiences at this dealer whenever I’ve brought any issues to their attention. Not to mention when they had my truck for 7 weeks this spring for a wheel bearing, then we’re magically able to get the parts after I posted here about a bad experience…. Strange how it took me putting it out on the internet that I was receiving bad service, to receive any service at all. I love the truck but but I'm not going to keep it if I have to drive 40+ minutes to find good service, when the two dealerships closest to me (5 and 10 minutes, 2 locations for one dealership) have been terrible to deal with. Has anyone else had issues with paint peeling, or cheap plastic interior parts just failing to function? Really disappointed for a less than 2 year old truck with 70% freeway miles.
There is an incentive for the dealer to drag his feet when you are close to the 36k... I have found if you have the ford protect - I usually do 60k.. which is not too pricey and around were I trade them off it saves a lot of drama...
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
There is an incentive for the dealer to drag his feet when you are close to the 36k... I have found if you have the ford protect - I usually do 60k.. which is not too pricey and around were I trade them off it saves a lot of drama...
Ford pays dealers to do work covered under warranty. I don't see any incentive, I just see poor customer service.

The OP is a bit confusing with regards to the timeline of how this all unfolded.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
This is your screw up as you procrastinated. There are multiple dealers and in my area there are 3 within 30 miles of my house and 6 within 100 miles of my house. I use whichever dealer is available for an appointment. Even if the work cannot be done at that time I still have documentation of the problem and the miles on the truck and the date.

Getting an extended warranty does not require a visit to a dealer and this is something that a salesperson can take care of instead of the service department. I would bet it could be done over the phone with Ford.
Sponsored