OP

LedZepp81

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Platinum
Wanted to share an update on how things are going.
It's been almost 2 months since the deer jumped in front of my truck. I guess I was a bit naïve when it came to how long it would take for parts to come in. I figured there would be a delay with all the issues, but thought I was good since the major delays were from semiconductors and not actual body parts etc. Boy, was I wrong!

All parts started out as backordered with no ETA. Within a couple weeks ETA's started to slowly come in for some parts, but about 8 of them we couldn't get any info on other than there were none available anywhere in the country. So during this waiting my insurance for rental coverage ran out. This was a huge problem because my truck was our only vehicle. My insurance ended up helping out by allowing us to still rent at the discounted rate through Enterprise, so we've been paying about $300 a week on top of the monthly payment for the truck.

I ended up calling Ford corporate and explained what was going on and see if there was anything that could been done. Ford opened a case and escalated the parts on order and worked with the body shop at the dealer. They contacted me weekly, sometimes twice a week with updates. This was my first experience with Ford in this manner and they really stepped up and took care of me. I received a call last week from my case manager saying they are returning my payment from last month for all the trouble. I was greatly surprised by this, to see a big company like Ford go above and beyond to take care of their customer.

I received an update yesterday that my truck was heading to the paint shop and should be ready for pickup this week! So excited to get it back.

Final cost of damages - $18,500!
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Wanted to share an update on how things are going.
It's been almost 2 months since the deer jumped in front of my truck. I guess I was a bit naïve when it came to how long it would take for parts to come in. I figured there would be a delay with all the issues, but thought I was good since the major delays were from semiconductors and not actual body parts etc. Boy, was I wrong!

All parts started out as backordered with no ETA. Within a couple weeks ETA's started to slowly come in for some parts, but about 8 of them we couldn't get any info on other than there were none available anywhere in the country. So during this waiting my insurance for rental coverage ran out. This was a huge problem because my truck was our only vehicle. My insurance ended up helping out by allowing us to still rent at the discounted rate through Enterprise, so we've been paying about $300 a week on top of the monthly payment for the truck.

I ended up calling Ford corporate and explained what was going on and see if there was anything that could been done. Ford opened a case and escalated the parts on order and worked with the body shop at the dealer. They contacted me weekly, sometimes twice a week with updates. This was my first experience with Ford in this manner and they really stepped up and took care of me. I received a call last week from my case manager saying they are returning my payment from last month for all the trouble. I was greatly surprised by this, to see a big company like Ford go above and beyond to take care of their customer.

I received an update yesterday that my truck was heading to the paint shop and should be ready for pickup this week! So excited to get it back.

Final cost of damages - $18,500!
Wow, that is very good they stepped up and very happy to see this happen for you! (y)

Ford gets hammered so much it seems, it's good to hear a good story and you were really caught between a rock and a hard place at no fault of your own.

Thanks for the update!

bigjohnp

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
Well, got it off but not sure I did it right. Something looks off?! :unsure:

3F41C12D-D906-4041-B214-65B486453C2C.jpeg

I just found this thread today. Really feel for you. Glad you're OK. Just thought I'd add a little something to cheer you up...:giggle: Sorry, I couldn't help myself...😁

Ford F-150 [Update] Finally got my air dam off! 1656980235563
Sponsored