Sponsored

Dealer is tossing my deal. Any way to view historical Ford offers/financing incentives???

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Recently this seems to be the only option that gets attention. It's unfortunate that it has to be that way, and i know aome people refuse to bad mouth businesses, and thats their prerogative. But I don't know how many stories I've seen in the news where someone has an massive issue with a company, but can't get anyone to help them. As soon as they blast them on social media, head of the company gets involved and the problem is solved very quickly.
(emphasis added by me)

Then they are perpetuating the problem. There is nothing wrong with bad mouthing a bad business.
Sponsored

Bigguy214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Have you contacted ford credit yet?If they approved you when you ordered they will have records of it.That is where I would start.There would be no reason to get a preapproval when you order something unless you were locked into that rate.

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
A lawyer is a waste of your time. If it were me, I would politely ask them if there is a way to work this out? If not, I'm assuming you still want the truck? Go get a loan from a credit union at 2% and then promise to leave them all "1s" on the Ford satisfaction survey with a summary of your experience. (n)

OP
OP

jcb271

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Work
The dealership is Ourisman Ford in Manassas, VA (formerly Battlefield Ford)

The truck is in my driveway now though!

I sent a very detailed message to the investor relations group of Graham Holdings (parent company to Ourisman), a few VPs, their legal team, Ourisman COO and a few random managers I could find on the internet and expressed my distaste for the business practices of their newly acquired dealership and the strongarming I was getting. I received a call shortly thereafter and we came to happy middle ground. They decided to cut me a check and a cut me a deal on a few add ons that equate to a few thousand dollars. I am still not getting 0% for 72 months, but I am also not getting 6.9% either so there is that. I am just going to get it refinanced soon with my credit union.

It sucks that I had to do it this way. They said they looked in Vincent and it says nothing of the financing that they told me was good when I ordered it. I called Ford corporate and Ford Credit and both said I was locked in for it. There was no budging from the dealer though on the % matter. They flat out said they didn't care what Ford said on the matter.

Overall, crappy experience from the time it rolled off the delivery truck to now. Ordering and comms during the last few months of waiting was good though and the sales guy was cool to work with. I don't fault him at all. If I could do it all over, I'd have gone with Dexter at Koons and had even better pricing than the x plan. Live and learn!

AccentedWanderer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 5.5. 2018 Audi Q5
The dealership is Ourisman Ford in Manassas, VA (formerly Battlefield Ford)

The truck is in my driveway now though!

I sent a very detailed message to the investor relations group of Graham Holdings (parent company to Ourisman), a few VPs, their legal team, Ourisman COO and a few random managers I could find on the internet and expressed my distaste for the business practices of their newly acquired dealership and the strongarming I was getting. I received a call shortly thereafter and we came to happy middle ground. They decided to cut me a check and a cut me a deal on a few add ons that equate to a few thousand dollars. I am still not getting 0% for 72 months, but I am also not getting 6.9% either so there is that. I am just going to get it refinanced soon with my credit union.

It sucks that I had to do it this way. They said they looked in Vincent and it says nothing of the financing that they told me was good when I ordered it. I called Ford corporate and Ford Credit and both said I was locked in for it. There was no budging from the dealer though on the % matter. They flat out said they didn't care what Ford said on the matter.

Overall, crappy experience from the time it rolled off the delivery truck to now. Ordering and comms during the last few months of waiting was good though and the sales guy was cool to work with. I don't fault him at all. If I could do it all over, I'd have gone with Dexter at Koons and had even better pricing than the x plan. Live and learn!

I am sorry to hear that this did not end the best way it could.

Everyone have their situation and I am sure you need the truck sooner than some of us on here that is willing to prove more than just a point. Glad that you have the truck in the end and hopefully the refinance works out.

The price has increased more than $4000 since I ordered my truck last March (2021). I was lucky to have all the features from 2021 model year, along with X-plan and discount for a custome order. This entire supply chain issue has gone insane and over the roof.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jcb271

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Work
A lawyer is a waste of your time. If it were me, I would politely ask them if there is a way to work this out? If not, I'm assuming you still want the truck? Go get a loan from a credit union at 2% and then promise to leave them all "1s" on the Ford satisfaction survey with a summary of your experience. (n)
LOL

The salesman at the end of the night asked me to either give him 5 star review or no review at all. He was cool, but the dealership experience and Ford experience was 1 star.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
Could you just buy it at whatever new rate they want to deal with and then just go have your credit union refinance the loan with their rates? We are a credit union member through our employer and their rates are always better so in the past we've financed through the dealer and just refinanced through our CU.
I did that and lost a 500 discount. I was told you have to keep ford financing for six months if any of your discounts are tied to the loan rate. Or on refi the discount is recouped. Happened to me in 2016. The credit union would not consider the truck after 6 months. I chose to pay the 500 cause the rate difference was 4 %. Saved it in the long run. FYI check your incentives and rebate fine print if u go that way.

stans2000

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I am trying to find a way to prove my case as my local Northern Virginia dealer is backing out of their agreed upon deal.

So I ordered a platinum f150 BAP back on October 4, 2021. It finally arrived to my dealer last week and I went to sign for it and drive home. I got to the dealer, did all the paperwork, successfully beat back the pressure for add-ons and fully signed the contract. The dealer signed their portion too. They did all the DMV work there that night and the registration is in my name. I ended up having to leave it there for the night because they had trouble using my x-plan pin and I had to generate a new one. I get a call the next day and the dealer is telling me they are no longer going to honor the 0% for 72 months promo offer and that it was now much higher now. They said that the rebates from when I ordered could be used, but the rate during that time didn't apply to orders... just dealer stock. That was not what they told me when I ordered it, of course, and I distinctly remember ford ads at the time saying "buy now or order one for these special offers" which is why I decided to order one instead of getting one from the dealer lot. The rate swing will add many thousands of $$$ to the total cost of the truck if I don't pay it off sooner than term.

Anyway, is there a way to view historic ford offers at that time? An official way? I saw the stuff from ford authority news website, but that didn't help my case with them.

Even though the contract was signed by all parties and they took my money and put the registration in my name with the DMV, they are still able to back out of it totally and that seems off to me. They have also given me an unrealistic deadline to answer them. Really crappy dealership experience.
I'm glad I didn't go with Ourisman

Last edited:

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I did that and lost a 500 discount. I was told you have to keep ford financing for six months if any of your discounts are tied to the loan rate. Or on refi the discount is recouped. Happened to me in 2016. The credit union would not consider the truck after 6 months. I chose to pay the 500 cause the rate difference was 4 %. Saved it in the long run. FYI check your incentives and rebate fine print if u go that way.
This is not my experience. Maybe it has to do with certain state laws or the specific rebates at the time? In Florida, in 2017, I bought my '17 F-150 and I had about $5k in rebates tied to me using Ford Credit at a really high rate. Even the dealer told me "Just finance with Ford Credit high rate to get all the rebates, then turn around go directly to your bank or Credit union and refinance" (we walked in pre-approved with our CU, so no worries there).

That is what we did and I never had any of my rebates revoked due to this.

So you are right, I guess check your incentives and rebates fine print and check your local laws to see if the are allowed to do this.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I am trying to find a way to prove my case as my local Northern Virginia dealer is backing out of their agreed upon deal.

So I ordered a platinum f150 BAP back on October 4, 2021. It finally arrived to my dealer last week and I went to sign for it and drive home. I got to the dealer, did all the paperwork, successfully beat back the pressure for add-ons and fully signed the contract. The dealer signed their portion too. They did all the DMV work there that night and the registration is in my name. I ended up having to leave it there for the night because they had trouble using my x-plan pin and I had to generate a new one. I get a call the next day and the dealer is telling me they are no longer going to honor the 0% for 72 months promo offer and that it was now much higher now. They said that the rebates from when I ordered could be used, but the rate during that time didn't apply to orders... just dealer stock. That was not what they told me when I ordered it, of course, and I distinctly remember ford ads at the time saying "buy now or order one for these special offers" which is why I decided to order one instead of getting one from the dealer lot. The rate swing will add many thousands of $$$ to the total cost of the truck if I don't pay it off sooner than term.

Anyway, is there a way to view historic ford offers at that time? An official way? I saw the stuff from ford authority news website, but that didn't help my case with them.

Even though the contract was signed by all parties and they took my money and put the registration in my name with the DMV, they are still able to back out of it totally and that seems off to me. They have also given me an unrealistic deadline to answer them. Really crappy dealership experience.
Refinance yourself out of that mess with a credit union with very low APR, and screw the dealer out of their kickbacks. You should be able to start doing bank paperwork a week after purchasing the vehicle from dealership. You may not get zero, but you def won’t get a ridiculous interest rate.

Sponsored

TTABLE213

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang, 2020 Escape, 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Retired
LOL

The salesman at the end of the night asked me to either give him 5 star review or no review at all. He was cool, but the dealership experience and Ford experience was 1 star.
How did this end up playing out? My truck is due to arrive at my dealer any day now. I ordered 9/1/21 and converted it (same order number) on 10/15/21. I fully expect to get the same incentives that I was promised when I ordered. Hope this turned out well for you.

OP
OP

jcb271

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Work
How did this end up playing out? My truck is due to arrive at my dealer any day now. I ordered 9/1/21 and converted it (same order number) on 10/15/21. I fully expect to get the same incentives that I was promised when I ordered. Hope this turned out well for you.
I did not get the deal we had agreed on in the fall. We came to a middle ground agreement and I took the truck in the end. Sucks, but I wasn't about to wait 6-9 months for delivery after placing another order at a different dealership.

I hope it all goes well with you! I think I read on here somewhere conversion orders are getting super good deals anyway. Mine was not a conversion.

TTABLE213

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang, 2020 Escape, 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Retired
I did not get the deal we had agreed on in the fall. We came to a middle ground agreement and I took the truck in the end. Sucks, but I wasn't about to wait 6-9 months for delivery after placing another order at a different dealership.

I hope it all goes well with you! I think I read on here somewhere conversion orders are getting super good deals anyway. Mine was not a conversion.
I've been reading this, as well about conversions. Won't matter, but, I'm hoping to see the original deal. Glad you were at least able to find some middle ground.

Darrell1

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Retire
My truck finally arrived last week & did the paperwork this past Friday. I have used the same dealer for a very long time. When I went to the finance guy he pulled up the date I ordered the truck (10/25) and that showed all the incentives/interest rates I was eligible for.
Please share what incentives/interest rates you were eligible for. I placed my order on new 2022 KR on October 21, 2021. I now have a build week of 9/5/2022. I would like to know what was lock in by ford in that time frame. Thanks

Last edited:

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
It does say 0% for 72 months. Sales manager called me two days later and said that rate won't actually work and they want to cancel the deal now. I signed the contract, they signed the contract... seemed like a done deal to me.
Everything is signed. Truck in your name.

Sounds like to can just take the truck and leave.
Sponsored