CSP ECM RECOVERY Campaign #22B08

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A Carbonized Grey Sport 4x4
any updates to this, my truck is at the dealer for almost a week now and they said they are back and forth with ford tech on this.

is there anything I should tell them to help them with the update?
Sponsored

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
After a month of waiting to see if it would magically fix itself I decided to set an appointment at a different dealer. Truck is there as we speak and service advisor seemed to be famliiar with the issue so hoping to have resolution today or tomorrow. Will follow up.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck still in the shop, didnt see the floor until yesterday afteroon. Hoping to have an update later today.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Called the dealer this morning for an update and they said they went ahead and ordered a new APIM so I pick the truck up this mornign. When I spoke to the service rep she mentioned the item was backordered and no estimate for delivery but they'll reach out when to bring it back. Decided while I wait to go ahead and give the USB method a go as it seems like alot of success from other forum members. @Jesse-Infotainment thank you for your help! I will update you guys when the update installs but so far all is going acording to plan. To update those following the current status of my truck: I'm stuck on 1.7.1 (greyed out update buttons, no sync versions for the second time after being fixed once), truck has been in 3 times for the failure to update with no fix, only thing they could fix so far was the trailer brake recall, APIM on order from dealer but trying the USB method.

cballiet1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L Powerboost
My 21 PB has been in the shop for the last four days - same issue. Techs at dealership escalated to Ford techs and they are supposedly still working on it. I am afraid they are going to order a new APIM as well -- which means no estimate on repair time.

Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I picked mine up after 2 weeks as I needed the truck, no real progress despite ford techs involvement…they did order some new cable and tried that without success.

one difference I did note was I could schedule an update but it doesn’t hold, in the past I couldn’t even schedule, sliders still greyed out, hoping for maybe an update to push through but not holding my breath….might bring it in again in the future but I really can’t go without it for such long periods

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
USB method worked for me! Thank you @Jesse-Infotainment! After inserting the drive and clicking OK (Accept?) I put the truck on a battery tender and the next morning I was updated! Sync version available, ability to select update day that sticks, Apple Carplay arrow in dash, all the fun stuff. Decided to call my dealer back but this time use my contact the GM (neighbor) to have access to the service manager. Explained to him what I did and how I wanted them to verify update/ network scan/ check the battery. Idk why I didnt do this before but things get messy sometimes when you try to push back on big corparate and I didnt want to put my neighbor in a spot.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
USB method worked for me! Thank you @Jesse-Infotainment! After inserting the drive and clicking OK (Accept?) I put the truck on a battery tender and the next morning I was updated! Sync version available, ability to select update day that sticks, Apple Carplay arrow in dash, all the fun stuff. Decided to call my dealer back but this time use my contact the GM (neighbor) to have access to the service manager. Explained to him what I did and how I wanted them to verify update/ network scan/ check the battery. Idk why I didnt do this before but things get messy sometimes when you try to push back on big corparate and I didnt want to put my neighbor in a spot.

I would love to try that, how did you get the USB?

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just need a 32g stick ($8 at BestBuy) formatted to exFAT and to ask one of the many lovely forum members with FRDS to send you the APIM files specific to your VIN.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

so you didn't run the truck when you did it? did you just put it in ignition on mode and on a tender?

Sponsored

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
so you didn't run the truck when you did it? did you just put it in ignition on mode and on a tender?
USB in, truck off, hood closed and battery tender set to 2A(Was reading steady 13v at the tender, battery was up to 12.5 before I went to bed and closed the hood)

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
USB in, truck off, hood closed and battery tender set to 2A(Was reading steady 13v at the tender, battery was up to 12.5 before I went to bed and closed the hood)
But how did you know it was going to trigger the update (I hear it is random, could be within 10 minutes, could be a month)?

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But how did you know it was going to trigger the update (I hear it is random, could be within 10 minutes, could be a month)?
Can't prove it will trigger but there are other success stories (1). When the dealer was trying to update my truck they had accidently drained the battery (confirmed by another forum member). It never really occured to me that the battery would be an issue but did some research and found a thread that mentioned SYNC doesnt like a charge under 80%. (~12.5v) (2). Decided to put my cheap multimeter on the battery and read 12.35v after the truck was off for 2hrs. Since I had a trickle charger available I decided to bring the truck in the garage and hook it up overnight figuring the battery was low anyway so it wouldn't hurt. Read the battery and charger after ~2hrs and saw the battery was up to 12.5ish and the charger was reading somewhere near 13v. Left it alone for the night with the hood closed and truck locked. After disconnecting the battery charger and going into the sync info menu I saw the version and rev number! Jumped right to the update page and saw the menu options updated and not greyed. Then jumped in Car play and set a destination and voila the little turn arrow showed up in the instrument panel! I hope this helps.

1. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/battery-level-impact-on-ota-success.9747/

2. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/agm-battery-voltage.11008/#:~:text=These are my stats:,on, engine off 13.0 volts

Last edited:

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can't prove it will trigger but there are other success stories (1). When the dealer was trying to update my truck they had accidently drained the battery (confirmed by another forum member). It never really occured to me that the battery would be an issue but did some research and found a thread that mentioned SYNC doesnt like a charge under 80%. (~12.5v) (2). Decided to put my cheap multimeter on the battery and read 12.35v after the truck was off for 2hrs. Since I had a trickle charger available I decided to bring the truck in the garage and hook it up overnight figuring the battery was low anyway so it wouldn't hurt. Read the battery and charger after ~2hrs and saw the battery was up to 12.5ish and the charger was reading somewhere near 13v. Left it alone for the night with the hood closed and truck locked. After disconnecting the battery charger and going into the sync info menu I saw the version and rev number! Jumped right to the update page and saw the menu options updated and not greyed. Then jumped in Car play and set a destination and voila the little turn arrow showed up in the instrument panel! I hope this helps.

1. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/battery-level-impact-on-ota-success.9747/

2. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/agm-battery-voltage.11008/#:~:text=These are my stats:,on, engine off 13.0 volts

cool, so I checked mine and it is right at 12.5v....plugged in the tender and after a few hours turned on accessory....top left of screen it said "Update detected" but nothing else happened....I closed the hood, left it on the tender and with the USB drive in....I'm optimistic that the "update detected" might mean that it will go through.....I'm leaving it on the tender with doors closed and locked away from key today and overnight....fingers crossed that this works

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope it works for you as well, please follow up if you get the update to work with this method! Tagging @Jesse-Infotainment as he has been helping a lot of members with this (and many many other things) and may find this information valuable
Sponsored