Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Don't know if it's related, but I noticed an issue after I bought the truck and was cleaning the windshield. When I lifted the passenger side windshield wiper the arm skipped a few teeth. Due to the new placement of the antenna, you have to maneuver the arm to avoid hitting the antenna. When I did that, the arm skipped some teeth, so when the wipers were parked, the passenger side sat below the windshield. I had to remove the arm and reposition it. This happened more than a few times. This is my 3rd F150 (2016, 2018, 2021) and this is the only one that does this. I was thinking the first time it happened, that I hope this thing doesn't fly off one day in traffic....
Hello, Christopher! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this. Thanks!
Sponsored

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
21 Platinum, Job 1 Built 6/23/21. I received a recall notice for the wiper arms to possibly preform erratically. The arms may come loose or possibly fall off. Parts won't be available until late 2nd quarter . Nice to know your wipers could fail when you need them the most. Buying a new redesign vehicle you expect teething problems, but not something as mundane as a wiper arm or linkage. This is nothing more than crappy quality control from the supplier.
Based on posts on other forums the failure is stripping of splines under heavy load, like clearing snow. Apparently there is a key used during assembly for centering which is normally not needed for ongoing use. Looks like this key could be very valuable to prevent stripping of the splines pending a new arm. I found my driver's side key sitting below the arm in plastic trim. It is easy to reinstall but nothing to keep it from falling out again. Going to try and glue it in place pending parts for this recall. Anyone with other ideas chime in.

Ford F-150 Wiper arm recall Campaign/NHTSA 22S26/22V250 ford key

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Based on posts on other forums the failure is stripping of splines under heavy load, like clearing snow. Apparently there is a key used during assembly for centering which is normally not needed for ongoing use. Looks like this key could be very valuable to prevent stripping of the splines pending a new arm. I found my driver's side key sitting below the arm in plastic trim. It is easy to reinstall but nothing to keep it from falling out again. Going to try and glue it in place pending parts for this recall. Anyone with other ideas chime in.

ford key.jpeg
I've had my truck for 14 months now and after reading about this issue decided to look at my blades. After all of this time the drivers side had two keys sitting there in the recess and none on the passenger side. I decided to RTV them in place for now which was less than a five minute task. One observation I had was that the splines on the wiper motor and arms look too fine and too shallow for the loads they might take with heavy snow and ice. I believe the keyways are there to align the arms and not to take any loads, but they certainly can't hurt. BTW the keys will only go in the arms one way so there is no chance of getting them installed wrong. FWIW, I used silicone and installed them in the arm first.

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
I had my 2021 Powerboost truck in for the driveshaft issue and the brake controller recalls. The dealer fixed both but the parts for the wiper arms may take a month to arrive. In the meantime they are updating the BlueCruise software which is taking 4 days now. Apparently the dealer had a downrev software and had to get the latest from another dealer. I've had my truck in the shop for 8 weeks in the last 10 months fixing software problems. Ford is definitely NOT a software company.

Vincem1228

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 STX crew cab 4x4
Splines stripping, sounds like extremely soft metals used....sounds like some ebay grade chinessium. Can't be mad at Ford though all manufactures are cutting corners and using cheap parts. For example my dad bought a Silverado around same time I bought my f150 and his truck is already on 2nd trans after 8k miles. The days of quality products is gone.

Sponsored

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
I've had my truck for 14 months now and after reading about this issue decided to look at my blades. After all of this time the drivers side had two keys sitting there in the recess and none on the passenger side. I decided to RTV them in place for now which was less than a five minute task. One observation I had was that the splines on the wiper motor and arms look too fine and too shallow for the loads they might take with heavy snow and ice. I believe the keyways are there to align the arms and not to take any loads, but they certainly can't hurt. BTW the keys will only go in the arms one way so there is no chance of getting them installed wrong. FWIW, I used silicone and installed them in the arm first.
I am going to try some glue. Found both keys.

Ford F-150 Wiper arm recall Campaign/NHTSA 22S26/22V250 IMG_6529

Ford F-150 Wiper arm recall Campaign/NHTSA 22S26/22V250 IMG_6531_Painterly

Last edited:

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ F 150 Tremor
Rack04,

I just got my truck back after a service this week & my dealer told me they took care of the wiper arm recall & the trailer brakes too.

OP
OP
My 2ND Ford

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
So I"m going to add my experience to the wiper recall. Notified mid April that there was a problem with the wipers possibly failing. Parts were supposed to be available late 2nd quarter . I just had the recall completed, Oct 24th, except to find out that there was nothing wrong with my wiper arms. Evidently only trucks built up to early June , 2021 are affected. My truck was built June 23rd, and all the dealer had to do was remove the arms, take a picture of the part # on the underside , confirm that the improved arms were already there and reinstall them. Then the info gets sent to Ford. You would have thought that Ford could tell by vin and production date which vehicles were affected. I will say this, I have never had a vehicle with wiper arms this loose where the arm sits on the shaft. When ever I move the arms to clean it always feels like they are falling off.

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
So I"m going to add my experience to the wiper recall. Notified mid April that there was a problem with the wipers possibly failing. Parts were supposed to be available late 2nd quarter . I just had the recall completed, Oct 24th, except to find out that there was nothing wrong with my wiper arms. Evidently only trucks built up to early June , 2021 are affected. My truck was built June 23rd, and all the dealer had to do was remove the arms, take a picture of the part # on the underside , confirm that the improved arms were already there and reinstall them. Then the info gets sent to Ford. You would have thought that Ford could tell by vin and production date which vehicles were affected. I will say this, I have never had a vehicle with wiper arms this loose where the arm sits on the shaft. When ever I move the arms to clean it always feels like they are falling off.

So it seems there's another wiper recall announced.

550,000 F-150s recalled - faulty wiper motor

Sponsored

OP
OP
My 2ND Ford

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
So it seems there's another wiper recall announced.

550,000 F-150s recalled - faulty wiper motor
Maybe this is why when I was looking thru my Ford account this morning that it shows an incomplete wiper recall. I thought it was my dealer being slow to list the recall as complete. I wonder how long it will take to get this sorted out?

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
Here we are over a year later and this is still not in stock at my Ford dealership.

What's the point of the recall if inventory is not available? I would not be able to drive this vehicle in the rain had this failed already.
Sponsored