Sponsored

Cool new super duty features ... trickle down?

OP
OP
bwwF150

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
Very nice new tech in the Super Duties. Question is; will Ford and their suppliers be capable of supplying the new tech before we ever consider if it will trickle down to the F150? I truly hope so and get the world back on track!
Semiconductor supply is opening up. Definitely pockets of painful supply, but in general it’s getting better.
Many 23 orders placed in Aug with Oct build and Oct/Nov delivery are being communicated. Assuming Ford holds the dates, this was unheard of a year ago.
Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
he vast majority of the time that camera will be pointed up to the sun. It's going to be exposed to a lot of UV.
I thought one of the first products you'll see is a lens protector. I would see it get hammered by cargo and knuckleheads long before UV could take its toll.

• 360-Degree Trailer Camera System** that provides a bird’s-eye view of the trailer to make maneuvering in tight spaces easier and with virtually no blind spots
  • Pro Trailer Hitch Assist** automatically backs the truck up and aligns the conventional hitch ball to the trailer receiver
Wonder if that could be part of an OTA update? I wonder if the bird's eye view of the trailer would require an additional trailer mounted camera?
I totally missed that. For sure the 360 Trailer cam will need to be a kit to see all around the trailer. I could see this being extremely expensive though. The current single trailer camera is like $500, and this would probably need the major initial calibration with the giant pattern mats, probably performed at a dealer.

We had a whole thread on the Pro Trailer Hitch Assist and how it's in the current F-150 Manual, so it's entirely possible it could be added OTA. I have to imagine that if it shows up on the mid cycle refresh in '24 it would be a possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I thought one of the first products you'll seen in a lens protector. I would see it get hammered by cargo and knuckleheads long before UV could take its toll.

I totally missed that. For sure the 360 Trailer cam will need to be a kit to see all around the trailer. I could see this being extremely expensive though. The current single trailer camera is like $500, and this would probably need the major initial calibration with the giant pattern mats, probably performed at a dealer.
Yeah, saw this on the Ford site. Looks like it is in fact a kit.
Ford F-150 Cool new super duty features ... trickle down? Screenshot 2022-09-28 105649

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
You can pretty much be assured the 5G will make it in during the 2024 refresh as standard, simply to update connectivity and ensure future compatibility. I highly doubt we will see the 4x4 as standard change, Ford needs to keep the F-150 base price down, and I’m willing to bet Ford sells many more 4x2 150s than SDs. The HUD will probably show up as an available option in 2024.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
confused about the 5g.
my sync 4 has a setting under the wifi thing to use 5g or the other.
is this new 5g different other than being able to have 10 devices using the built in wifi modem
thanks

Sponsored

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
As a former owner of a 2014 and 2015 Sierra , i second the access steps on the back . I'm glad Ford this did , i dont care who had it first

CptBligh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 302A 4x4 3.5
Occupation
Ag
confused about the 5g.
my sync 4 has a setting under the wifi thing to use 5g or the other.
is this new 5g different other than being able to have 10 devices using the built in wifi modem
thanks
5G cell is not the same thing as 5Ghz Wifi band

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief