Conflicted... appreciate any advice...

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I have a '21 Agate Black EB Platinum that I've had for a year now and it has been a great truck with no issues. That being said, I have serious envy for the Lead Foot trucks. Also, I've been researching upgrading my Platinum to make it more off-road friendly. Low and behold - I've come across a Lead Foot Tremor and now I'm super conflicted. I'm feeling pressure to get the Tremor since (1) Lead Foot is going away and (2) it will already cost me $$$ to upgrade my Platinum to be more off road capable. Plus, I've always felt like the Platinum is a bit too much - I would prefer less chrome and the tailgate is hideous.

What to do? It wouldn't be very prudent to get another new truck within one year, but this Lead Foot Tremor....
Sponsored

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
I usually do not like upgrade expenses, as I like to drive new vehicle. So, if you are losing money on Platinum and good price for Tremor go for it. If you don't like tremor, you can always trade again and get the different truck. In current market condition, I don't think used vehicles will lose too much for next couple yrs.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I have a '21 Agate Black EB Platinum that I've had for a year now and it has been a great truck with no issues. That being said, I have serious envy for the Lead Foot trucks. Also, I've been researching upgrading my Platinum to make it more off-road friendly. Low and behold - I've come across a Lead Foot Tremor and now I'm super conflicted. I'm feeling pressure to get the Tremor since (1) Lead Foot is going away and (2) it will already cost me $$$ to upgrade my Platinum to be more off road capable. Plus, I've always felt like the Platinum is a bit too much - I would prefer less chrome and the tailgate is hideous.

What to do? It wouldn't be very prudent to get another new truck within one year, but this Lead Foot Tremor....
Simple decision and only you can answer it.

Will you lose money? If so, are you okay with it?

if it’s break even or gain money then it doesn’t matter.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's such a first world dilemma. ?

You only live once, and it's only money, and go for the gusto, and make hay while the sun is shining,.........

There's a million of them. Lol

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Just be sure you won’t miss any of the Platinum features.

Sponsored

OP
OP
YzermanTopShelf

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Simple decision and only you can answer it.

Will you lose money? If so, are you okay with it?

if it’s break even or gain money then it doesn’t matter.
I will most likely lose money. At least a few thousand...

OP
OP
YzermanTopShelf

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just be sure you won’t miss any of the Platinum features.
Massage seats - fun, but I don't think they really help
Work surface - not critical to me. Nice to have when eating in the truck.
Wireless car charger - I don't use it and when I did CarPlay drained the phone faster than the charger could handle

With the tremor I get all the off-road upgrades, the color I like and Blue Cruise actually working (Platinum is still waiting for the software upgrade)

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I suggest flipping a 2 headed coin.

raitken22

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5 BAP
Occupation
Sales Consultant
I would make the move. I love my Leadfoot Lariat, it looks awesome on the Tremor. We have also had a fair amount of scheduling issues with the tremor in Canada, so if you can get your hands on an available one I would do it. I think it will end up being a more desirable pre-owned truck anyways if you don't like it, especially with leadfoot being discontinued.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Color is one of the reasons I didn't go Platinum or Limited. A 502A Lariat was the highest trim that my stunning Velocity Blue was available on. I think Lead Foot and Race Red were restricted in the same way.

I agree with you about all the chrome and glitz of the Platinum, another reason I went with my Lariat. The gently used truck market is HOT! HOT! HOT! right now, so if you can break even or get more on an offer for your Platty and you really want the Tremor, I would say make it happen, Captain!

Sponsored

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Go for the Tremor... If you don't, you will forever be second-guessing yourself...

OP
OP
YzermanTopShelf

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for all the advice. Going to put my Platty on autotrader and see what kind of interest I get. I went ahead and reserved the Tremor. Hopefully I’ll come close to break even!

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
Please ask you dealer for the trade-in value of your Platinum. With the crazy market right now, if 1 year trade-in > new X-Plan. You could drive a new truck every year for free.

OP
OP
YzermanTopShelf

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please ask you dealer for the trade-in value of your Platinum. With the crazy market right now, if 1 year trade-in > new X-Plan. You could drive a new truck every year for free.
Unfortunately I don't have X-plan. Highly doubt this dealer would accept it either. Maybe for a custom order.