ptr0687

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
some people like chocolate while others like vanilla then even others like strawberry. The one thing we can all agree on is our Ford trucks kick a$$ regardless of which engine, trims, paint, and packages we purchased.
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
some people like chocolate while others like vanilla then even others like strawberry. The one thing we can all agree on is our Ford trucks kick a$$ regardless of which engine, trims, paint, and packages we purchased.
But "car guys" will always argue about engines. Its mandatory if you want to be in the club. 😀

OP
OP
ptr0687

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
But "car guys" will always argue about engines. Its mandatory if you want to be in the club. 😀
I dont disagree, I was simply trying to get the people that didnt select the 5.0 to feel better about their poor decision making skills :D

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I just ordered a 22 Platinum with the 5.0. I currently have a 2009 Lariat I bought new with the "bad" 5.4 Triton motor. The truck has 238,000 miles and still going strong. I pull a 3500 lb boat a few times a year, and a 6000 lb two horse trailer most weekends, except in the winter. The only engine repair I have done is replace a bad thermostat. That reliability is what keep me in the V8. I am very particular about doing the preventative maintenance. You can get a lemon in any of these new engines, but that's what the warranty period is for. If you take care of them they will all last a long time.

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
I currently have a 21 5.0 V-8. Have had 4 3.5 Ecoboost engines in the past, a 12, 13, 18, and 19. And, currently have a 22 3.5 on order. I’ve also owned a 15 and 16 5.0 V-8 F-150’s as well. As far as the “you can’t go wrong either way argument”. This is 100% accurate and spot on. I love the truck I have now, zero doubt it’s got a ton of power and sounds like a beast. However, if I’m going to be towing a heavy load, or/and just speaking of pure performance and pure power, the 3.5 Ecoboost is going to kick ass all day every day. Especially, and most specifically speaking, with towing. I’ve towed with both and frankly, it’s really not even very close. It’s personally my favorite motor hands down. But to be clear, I do love the 5.0 as well which again is the truck I have now. But I like the 3.5 Ecoboost better for said reasons already documented above. But again, for all of the “you’ll be happy either way” guys, I agree completely. They’re both great motors and I’ve been happy with them both. I am simply speaking to which one I think is more beastly (sound aside) and will kick the others ass when it comes to low end torque and towing performance. 🤷‍♂️
Wow! The only years you didn't own on that list is a '14, a '17, and a '20 lol. Are those company work trucks or something? If not, why do you keep trading up year after year?

Sponsored

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
I have a good friend who was part owner of a Ford store back East, his comment was that the mechanics much prefer working on the 5.0 vs the turbo engines.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I have a good friend who was part owner of a Ford store back East, his comment was that the mechanics much prefer working on the 5.0 vs the turbo engines.
I enjoy the dealership poll videos.

Sponsored