Sponsored

Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens?

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
no
I would maybe ask your local police agency and see what they say? Maybe send them a message on their Facebook if they have one, have something in writing in case?
around here i think begging for forgiveness is better than asking and getting on their radar
i may dress up the truck and parade around the neighborhood Christmas eve

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
no

around here i think begging for forgiveness is better than asking and getting on their radar
Ha! I was literally just saying to the wife I am going to do this on Christmas Eve so the truck is decorated going to and from church. The kids will love it. I can't see any cop being that much of a Scrooge to pull me over.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
no

You may be right, I highly doubt they would as long as they're not flashing to "distract" drivers.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ha! I was literally just saying to the wife I am going to do this on Christmas Eve so the truck is decorated going to and from church. The kids will love it. I can't see any cop being that much of a Scrooge to pull me over.
I think you should do it, for the kids too! I'm sure many people at the church would love to see it just as well! I highly doubt a grinch cop would do it, especially if its just on Christmas Eve sort of thing.

I'm putting Christmas lights on mine regardless! Several people here have already have it on their cars, etc and would be perfect for the Christmas parade too!

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Curious to see if anyone has wired and installed a set of Christmas lights in their 14th gens yet?

If you have, post them! —Would love to see your setups and how you powered them on while driving! 🎄
@Nightshade -
Merry Christmas!
For the 2nd year in a row, I just added a lighted Christmas Wreath to the front of my 2021 PowerBoost. It’s a 22” natural wreath with 50 colored and 50 white LED’s. I attached it using wire ties to the Front license plate holder. For power, I plug it into an external power chord I ran from the bed, wire tied underneath along the frame, down the back of the front grill and out. On startup, I use the truck’s entertainment screen to turn on the generator. The truck senses that something is plugged in and asks to confirm you want to power it. The lights stay on as long as the generator is on. It’s actually pretty easy - and festive!
Ford F-150 Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens? C0AC29FE-A118-4F1C-AE1F-EA1C5CFE2307

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
@Sapphire thats exactly what i was thinking. just wrapping them around the bed. i thought about "designing" a christmas tree on my tonneau but then worried what would i do if i needed to roll the damn thing up haha

@Madman so you ran essentially an extension cord zip tied under your truck?! thats definitely a cool way to get power to the front since none of us have lightnings with the power already up front haha

c35cannon

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Psychologist
Thinking of adding a set too before Christmas comes, I used to do it on my previous F-150s by using a inverter that was installed inside the truck then just wire it out through the vent behind the rear seat, but I’m not sure about these trucks, especially those equipped with the 2.4kw and 7.2kw? Wonder if the Pro Power generator mode will even allow it to power on while the truck is in motion?
I’m pretty sure it will. I’ve seen a couple YouTube videos Of people charging EVs while towing them.

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST
I've got a set of 4' x 6' net nights that I plan to lay over my tonneau cover. I plan to bungee side-to-side and front-to-back underneath the cover. If it's worth showing off, I'll post a pic.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I've got a set of 4' x 6' net nights that I plan to lay over my tonneau cover. I plan to bungee side-to-side and front-to-back underneath the cover. If it's worth showing off, I'll post a pic.
Can’t wait to see how this turns out
Sponsored