Chip hold My22 & My23

What is the status of your build?

• Total voters

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
I agree, in my 2001 built house (not a custom ) If I back up against the inside wall hard, set the parking brake and make sure I am between hinges on the door, its in. but then nothing else comes in with it! are trucks getting too big, or builders saving a few bricks?

IMG_6524.jpeg
Same! Definitely getting longer, but builders aren't adapting to vehicle size, either. Plus they make trucker decisions like putting stairs in the middle of the 2 car garage so it sucks up 4 feet from each side... Then IF you can get your other car in, you should be able to get the truck in too. But you'll both have to stay in your cars because at this point, there's no other room in the garage to move!
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Same! Definitely getting longer, but builders aren't adapting to vehicle size, either. Plus they make trucker decisions like putting stairs in the middle of the 2 car garage so it sucks up 4 feet from each side... Then IF you can get your other car in, you should be able to get the truck in too. But you'll both have to stay in your cars because at this point, there's no other room in the garage to move!

LMAO !! I had the same conversation with my wife. I said we could get both in as long as you dont mind crawling out the hatch of your car!!

WestlakeHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 (on order)
My truck is too big for my garage, too. Where are you getting the PPF/ceramic coating done? I'm just starting to research those types of things.
If you have an Xpel dealer in your area, you should check them out. I've used them for PPF a 911, a Tesla, an Escalade and now my Raptor. I really like their product. Their ceramic tint product is pricey but it is extremely high quality as well.

RB3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired Military
I was offered NO incentives, no deals if I bought any extended service or warranty and then given an interest rate I dont want to repeat...
Wow, just wow!!! You would think at minimum for the wait. This means they didn't honor any "at the time" elements!?!?

9 months and counting here!!!

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
That is funny. Your truck looks awesome. The last full size pickup I had was given to me by my grandfather when I was in high school in the early 80s. I have been surprised how big it feels, how getting it into my garage is not trivial, and how powerful it feels. I hope you enjoy your as much as I have enjoyed mine so far. It sounds like you may be spending more time installing accessories than driving for a while.
My old truck got 14 miles a gallon everywhere. Didn't matter if it was in town, back roads, or the interstate. It's funny, I'm retired now and I don't go anywhere anymore. I'll betcha I won't have 3,000 miles on that beautiful beast by this time next year. I'll go up to Blackhawk and Cheyenne and go to lunch or dinner around here.

Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Wow, just wow!!! You would think at minimum for the wait. This means they didn't honor any "at the time" elements!?!?

9 months and counting here!!!
nope, but understand I bailed on the ordered truck and bought off the lot. So I am sure all deals were off and I knew it. I was just sick of the BS games Ford played with delivery ETA's

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
I am debating about the garage for this truck. In fact that probably will not happen and I will be depending on the PPF and ceramic coating (EXO) to protect the clear coat. I would have to do a major garage rearrangement for it to fit. Then when my wife gets a new car it will all for naught as her car will move back in.

Now the rescued dumped kitty that we have been able to get to move into the garage would probably love the nice high truck, she loves walking under vehicles, but that is low on the priority list.

Home builders need to start expanding the typical garages as they are becoming too small for these bigger trucks.

DSC_0355.JPG
That's a pretty kitty!!!

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
I agree, in my 2001 built house (not a custom ) If I back up against the inside wall hard, set the parking brake and make sure I am between hinges on the door, its in. but then nothing else comes in with it! are trucks getting too big, or builders saving a few bricks?

IMG_6524.jpeg
Whew, that's a tight fit. That's crazy close. I'm glad I have the tandem garage setup. These trucks are so big. It's going to take me time to get adjusted to parking anywhere.

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
This seems weird to me. I was able to have them order the parts before my truck showed up
I think you are the weird one. Some how or another, you didn't get the ultimatum, buy it but you can't have it until we fix it. But you are right, it does sound weird. At least I'm not like 907 who couldn't even test drive his truck.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Whew, that's a tight fit. That's crazy close. I'm glad I have the tandem garage setup. These trucks are so big. It's going to take me time to get adjusted to parking anywhere.
Have you picked yours up yet?

Sponsored

Meathead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
For those of you who have gotten your trucks this month, any extra incentives given? Any floating around since 2023s are hitting the lots?
Nada. 0%/36mo, .9% /48mo
Hose job for the wait.
On the bright side Tarita from the exec offices called me asking if I had received my truck yet. smh

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
Have you picked yours up yet?
Nope not yet. I'm going to the stealership tomorrow to buy it. I have to leave it to get the wiper motor recall fixed.

Meathead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
LMAO !! I had the same conversation with my wife. I said we could get both in as long as you dont mind crawling out the hatch of your car!!
Just roll the windows down and crawl thru the window into the open window of the car and out the open window on the other side! haha

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Nope not yet. I'm going to the stealership tomorrow to buy it. I have to leave it to get the wiper motor recall fixed.
Damn, they won’t put them in for you?? Talk about a kick in the …

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
Damn, they won’t put them in for you?? Talk about a kick in the …
This is serious business. These wiper motors are for sold trucks only. Ford is keeping them close hold. Well, except for @Blackout150 he got his early. But he is the man!
Sponsored