Sponsored

Check your platinum tailgate

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Maybe I'll see if they can get me in sooner than later in case it takes 4 months. It may fall off (probably unlikely) by the time they can get one in.

My power tailgate intermittently doesn't power open or close. Still works manually though. One time when I was testing it out I opened from the button inside and the tailgate released and slammed down.
Sponsored

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
When my KR order arrives I'll keep an eye on its applique.

PReam

First Name
Putnam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Late to this thread but I have a ‘21 KR and the appliqué was peeling off. Had it replaced by the dealer in June ‘22 and it didn’t fix anything…still have gaps. The local dealer made me feel like I was being nitpicky and I’m hesitant to ask for another replacement.

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
My 22 Platinum is coming loose at the top and the crome is pelling of in one spot
Hate taking it to my local dealer, very picky and dont like having it worked on by people that dont care if you know what I mean !

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 22 Platinum is coming loose at the top and the crome is pelling of in one spot
Hate taking it to my local dealer, very picky and dont like having it worked on by people that dont care if you know what I mean !
Hello, Andy! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this tailgate concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Im still waiting for a new Platinum Badge. Its only been about a year.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Just checking in to see if anyone who had their 2021 F150 tailgate appliqué replaced by the dealer is having the same issue again. My 2021 F150 Limited has had the tailgate appliqué replaced twice under warranty for the warping and each time it did not fix the issue. Literally both times when I picked up the truck it had a new appliqué but there were large gaps on the upper left and right sides of the appliqué. It is clearly not secured properly by design. The two areas where there is hardware/bolts that fasten the appliqué to the tailgate is sucked in super tight to the truck. Everywhere else is gapped out about 1/8”+. It is extremely noticeable when walking up to the vehicle from the rear or side as the reflections are warped and distorted as a result just like a warped mirror at a carnival. At any rate, I am awaiting Ford’s third attempt to replace the appliqué (part is now back ordered for over a month). I saw a YouTube video where a custom shop was removing the 2021 F150 Appliqué to paint it and the tech said he would put 3M Double Sided Tape on the back of the appliqué so it would adhere better. I am tempted to ask Ford to do this when they replace it. Thank you in advance for any feedback on your replacements and if it actually fixed the problem.
Did you ever get resolution for this issue?
Mine is now having same issue. Purchase in April 2021 - have 26K miles ( mainly highway) and dealership has a new one on order.

emiantan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
Just had mine replaced by the dealership under warranty. No issues getting them to approve the new appliqué. It started to break away months ago and had it documented by the dealership at that time. I am approaching 36,000 miles so I took the truck in for the replacement. Quick and easy.