First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
Not sure of anyone else is experiencing intermittent music disruptions while using Car Play but I seem to have major problems since the last OTA update. Not sure if that has a thing to do with it as this is a new problem but the music will literally cut in and out every few seconds. Tried rebooting the phone and the trucks radio system. Even disconnected the phone from the truck and re-paired it but nothing I’ve tried works.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks fellas
Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
The issue could be caused one or two devices. The truck's system or your phone's system. Sounds like you've done everything possible for the truck. If you device is as up to date as possible as well, wait a few days.

Updates involving either device seem capable of screwing up the connection. A corrective update usually follows silently in a few days.

I've also found whenever I'm in close proximity to certain fire and police locations that problems can occur.

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
I haven't had this issue with my truck but I have had a similar issue with a pair of $100 bluetooth headphones. So maybe an unpair/pair might help.

OP
OP
shooters1380

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
The issue could be caused one or two devices. The truck's system or your phone's system. Sounds like you've done everything possible for the truck. If you device is as up to date as possible as well, wait a few days.

Updates involving either device seem capable of screwing up the connection. A corrective update usually follows silently in a few days.

I've also found whenever I'm in close proximity to certain fire and police locations that problems can occur.
Guess we will see if it corrects itself
I haven't had this issue with my truck but I have had a similar issue with a pair of $100 bluetooth headphones. So maybe an unpair/pair might help.
Did that.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Are you talking about using bluetooth while using CarPlay? My CarPlay does sometimes work intermittently when using bluetooth. Much more stable when plugged into the truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
shooters1380

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
Are you talking about using bluetooth while using CarPlay? My CarPlay does sometimes work intermittently when using bluetooth. Much more stable when plugged into the truck.
I’m talking about using the wireless CarPlay.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I’m talking about using the wireless CarPlay.
Yeah, mine cuts in and out when using Bluetooth [ wireless]. But I don't use mine enough to say it is worse since the last update or so. I think it has always been spotty.

OP
OP
shooters1380

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
Yeah, mine cuts in and out when using Bluetooth [ wireless]. But I don't use mine enough to say it is worse since the last update or so. I think it has always been spotty.
Well, mines had occasional issues and it’s usually fixed with a reboot of the phone or the truck sync system which is a soft reset I guess and I’m good to go. This last OTA, or for all I know since we got the new iPhone 15, it’s now cutting out every few seconds. Very odd but it’s annoying as hell

SRMD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Sequoia, 2019 Outback, 1998 XJ
Well, mines had occasional issues and it’s usually fixed with a reboot of the phone or the truck sync system which is a soft reset I guess and I’m good to go. This last OTA, or for all I know since we got the new iPhone 15, it’s now cutting out every few seconds. Very odd but it’s annoying as hell
I also have the new iPhone 15 and I get intermittent disconnects wired. Since I run OBDMx+, on long trips, I need to be plugged in, so I do not know if the issue is iPhone 15 or the new update. Both happened to occur about the same time.

OP
OP
shooters1380

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
I also have the new iPhone 15 and I get intermittent disconnects wired. Since I run OBDMx+, on long trips, I need to be plugged in, so I do not know if the issue is iPhone 15 or the new update. Both happened to occur about the same time.
As much as we pay for all this shit, you’d think it would all be trouble free.

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
It is the last OTA update for sure. I have to pull over, turn off the truck, open my door, and turn Bluetooth off almost daily since CarPlay freezes my screen and it won’t play music or allow me to interact with the screen until I kill CarPlay. Worked fine until OTA update. If the next one fixes it I am permanently taking it off the air so Ford cannot connect to it anymore to make changes. I am done with OTA updates, they fix it then f*ck it up the next one. They need to stop. Last one deleted all my saved pages in the manual etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shooters1380

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
It is the last OTA update for sure. I have to pull over, turn off the truck, open my door, and turn Bluetooth off almost daily since CarPlay freezes my screen and it won’t play music or allow me to interact with the screen until I kill CarPlay. Worked fine until OTA update. If the next one fixes it I am permanently taking it off the air so Ford cannot connect to it anymore to make changes. I am done with OTA updates, they fix it then f*ck it up the next one. They need to stop. Last one deleted all my saved pages in the manual etc.
Damn bro. Sounds like my dilemma as well. What a joke!

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Is your iPhone updated? I know the last update had a fix for carplay issues.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Oh yeah I’m on top of those

I used to have zero issues, but now have some "trouble spots" near my house. There's an area on and near two different bridges that cause "hiccups" with CarPlay when streaming music or podcasts. Sometimes it's just hiccups and sometimes I lose the connection completely.

So far I've only notice the issue in two spots near my house. Other than these areas, all seems to be working as it should.
Sponsored