Can't use Wireless CarPlay, FordPass, or Hotspot

MattM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4
Wierd. After not activating for 3 weeks, and after the software update and second unsuccessful visit to the dealer, suddenly this morning FordPass asked if I wanted to activate. Well he'll yes I did and it did and wow, now everything works. Not sure if my email to customer support had any bearing on it because I never heard back from them. All the creatures are happy now in Powerboost land.
Sponsored

markbw57

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Control Room Operator Trainer - Retired
Exact same issue. May 3rd, Dearborn build. I'm also told this is a known issue and Ford working on a fix. The good news is I only waited 6 months for my truck to be built and delivered. Now I have the privilege of waiting even longer for it to function as advertised. This first time customer is NOT impressed...
Same issue here. I just had a "Gateway Module Reconfiguration" recall completed yesterday, hoping that this would solve the issue......it did not. I am also not impressed with all of the advertised functionality of the technology in the truck.

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
Same issue here. I just had a "Gateway Module Reconfiguration" recall completed yesterday, hoping that this would solve the issue......it did not. I am also not impressed with all of the advertised functionality of the technology in the truck.
It’s so frustrating. My dealer tells me Ford assigned and engineer to work on my truck’s issue. But a 3 day 4th of July weekend probably means they won’t look at it until Tuesday (today is Saturday).

OP
OP
Vulnox

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Add me to the list of Fordpass refusing to activate. Ordered in Feb and picked it up yesterday. KC built on 6/21. Salesman sent me to Fordpass support and then they sent me to service. Two week wait for an appt. Great experience with my first Ford!
Talk to another Ford dealer. While I don't know your area, there generally are more than one within a reasonable distance. You don't have to get service where you bought it, a two week wait sounds insane for an update that takes 15 minutes.

Sponsored

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Talk to another Ford dealer. While I don't know your area, there generally are more than one within a reasonable distance. You don't have to get service where you bought it, a two week wait sounds insane for an update that takes 15 minutes.
They don’t know what’s wrong. The truck cannot communicate to the outside world for anything (except Sirius) and they’ve tried all the suggestions from this forum. Hopefully the Ford engineer they’ve assigned can figure something out.

IconicXLTsport

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Nuclear Operations
Took my truck to the dealer for my scheduled appointment. They had my truck for a couple hours to check a couple concerns I had and to apply the 21B33 fix. I was warned that they had another customer with this issue and it took several days for FordPass to work. Picked up my truck and wireless CarPlay worked immediately so I knew the fix had been applied. However, FordPass wouldn’t work no matter what I tried to connect the app to the truck. Sure enough, about 5 days later I tried again and got the activation request and everything works fine now. I did remove and re-add my truck after several days to get it to send a new activation request. Everything works now. Ford did send me a notification about the 21B33 fix through FordPass when I added my vin but it would not connect to the truck. Good for them for notifying customers. I had already found this forum, thanks again to the contributors here!

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Finally, after 32 days, I got my truck back. We had to wait until a field engineer was assigned to my case, after I threatened to make use of the lemon laws and fight to get a new truck or my money back. The engineer went to the dealer, and tried to configure the truck without any luck. Then he deleted the software and downloaded an updated version with immediate success. The whole thing took less than 45 minutes. I don't have the paperwork yet (I picked up the truck late Friday) to post what software was updated (it could have been the FDRS software that was mentioned in these forums, although they told me they had tried that already). The truck works flawlessly with Fordpass enabled, hotspot enabled, carplay working. I am continuing to break it in before our first towing trip.

superz

First Name
Zale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021f150RCSB;2016 Ecodiesel;2012 ISF; 66 Sting Ray
Occupation
Realtor
Finally, after 32 days, I got my truck back. We had to wait until a field engineer was assigned to my case, after I threatened to make use of the lemon laws and fight to get a new truck or my money back. The engineer went to the dealer, and tried to configure the truck without any luck. Then he deleted the software and downloaded an updated version with immediate success. The whole thing took less than 45 minutes. I don't have the paperwork yet (I picked up the truck late Friday) to post what software was updated (it could have been the FDRS software that was mentioned in these forums, although they told me they had tried that already). The truck works flawlessly with Fordpass enabled, hotspot enabled, carplay working. I am continuing to break it in before our first towing trip.
Glad you got it fixed. :) My 2021 RCSB XLT F150 Sync 4 I hooked up hotspot wifi. $20. per month through my att acct. it is worthless. Evidently just like older Sync 3 system. will not work unless the truck is running ..
Carplay drives me nuts sometimes. You can't get back to regular screen without shutting off the motor.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
That seems to be a common theme across the board. I had to threaten my dealer with the same thing and I finally got actual movement on the problem.

Dealers just can't be bothered to move on anything until it starts threatening their bottom line. I wish Ford would work to bypass them.

GR21XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Military
I just got a 2021 and have this problem. Apparently the previous owner didn't care to much about the functionality to have this done. Problem is that dealerships are no longer familiar with the fix. Anyone have any luck fixing this recently?
Sponsored