First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
Took the 2021 Powerboost up to the mountains for a long weekend of dispersed camping. Left the front range on Thursday morning early for Taylor Park CO to hopefully find a good spot before the other weekenders came up. Arrived and found the spot I had scouted back in June. Success! Then I went to unhook and found my electric tongue jack had blown a fuse. I suspect it happened when I was loading the truck and the tailgate hit the retract button and blew the fuse. Anyway, I plugged the Micro Minnie into the truck Thursday morning and left it plugged in until Sunday when we left.

Here’s some pics.
Ford F-150 Camping at Taylor Park Colorado with the Powerboost IMG_4855
Ford F-150 Camping at Taylor Park Colorado with the Powerboost IMG_4848
Ford F-150 Camping at Taylor Park Colorado with the Powerboost IMG_4805
Ford F-150 Camping at Taylor Park Colorado with the Powerboost IMG_4788
Ford F-150 Camping at Taylor Park Colorado with the Powerboost IMG_4844

68 hours of continuous use of the pro power.

No problems, even during the several heavy thunderstorms throughout the weekend. Plenty of hot coffee, hot showers, toasted bagels and a cold fridge

A great weekend of fishing on a small pond and Taylor Reservoir, some site seeing to Almont, Tincup and Mirror Lake and 18 holes at Collegiate Peaks course in Buena Vista on the way home on Sunday.

The Powerboost makes these trips so easy and fun with no worries about having enough power.
Sponsored

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Took the 2021 Powerboost up to the mountains for a long weekend of dispersed camping. Left the front range on Thursday morning early for Taylor Park CO to hopefully find a good spot before the other weekenders came up. Arrived and found the spot I had scouted back in June. Success! Then I went to unhook and found my electric tongue jack had blown a fuse. I suspect it happened when I was loading the truck and the tailgate hit the retract button and blew the fuse. Anyway, I plugged the Micro Minnie into the truck Thursday morning and left it plugged in until Sunday when we left.

Here’s some pics.
IMG_4855.jpeg
IMG_4848.jpeg
IMG_4805.jpeg
IMG_4788.jpeg
IMG_4844.jpeg

No problems, even during the several heavy thunderstorms throughout the weekend. Plenty of hot coffee, hot showers, toasted bagels and a cold fridge

A great weekend of fishing on a small pond and Taylor Reservoir, some site seeing to Almont, Tincup and Mirror Lake and 18 holes at Collegiate Peaks course in Buena Vista on the way home on Sunday.

The Powerboost makes these trips so easy and fun with no worries about having enough power.
Great pics! What is the length of your trailer? Trailer GVWR as well and also your Lariat payload capacity? Did you get close?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
AWESOME pics
thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Shooter56

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lawyer
Payload is 1441 lbs. My normal tongue weight when the trailer is loaded is around 600 according to my Sherline scale. I did not weigh for this trip though. The TT is a 21ft Micro Minnie 2100 BH empty weight of 3760 lbs. GVWR is 5500 lbs. I was likely pretty close as I normally get real close to the 1441 with a driver and passenger and some items in the bed, golf clubs, propane tank, tools and a cooler of beer.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Here’s some pics.
IMG_4855.jpeg
IMG_4848.jpeg
IMG_4805.jpeg
IMG_4788.jpeg
IMG_4844.jpeg

Gorgeous pics! So glad you're enjoying your F-150, Steve!

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
Thanks for the write up.

Did you happen to note how much fuel you used with 68 hours of continuous use of PB?

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
@Shooter56 Did you leave the trailer hitched to the truck all weekend? I haven't tried the PB on our trailer yet, but suspect that the vibration through the hitch would be felt when the ICE starts periodically.

OP
OP
Shooter56

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lawyer
Thanks for the write up.

Did you happen to note how much fuel you used with 68 hours of continuous use of PB?
I used to keep track and with the AC running about 18 hours a day over five days in 100 degree heat, I calculated about .2 gals per hours. I did not use the AC at all this trip pretty much coffee maker and toaster every morning, microwave a couple times and hot water heater were the big draw. Based on this this I believe it to be somewhat less this trip. Basically, I used so little fuel, it was inconsequential. The engine kicked a few times per hour for a few minutes.

OP
OP
Shooter56

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lawyer
@Shooter56 Did you leave the trailer hitched to the truck all weekend? I haven't tried the PB on our trailer yet, but suspect that the vibration through the hitch would be felt when the ICE starts periodically.
I actually did leave it hooked up. I replaced the 30 amp fuse on the trailer frame when I got home and it works fine now. I was able to have the trailer level with the help of just a couple blocks under the rear wheels. Even at night when sleeping or just hanging out in the trailer during periods of heavy rain, it was not that noticeable. I did have stabilizers down so I think that minimized the engine wiggle a little bit. I have been in the trailer with without the stabilizers down when the engine kicked on and it was clearly more noticeable.

Sponsored

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I actually did leave it hooked up. I replaced the 30 amp fuse on the trailer frame when I got home and it works fine now. I was able to have the trailer level with the help of just a couple blocks under the rear wheels. Even at night when sleeping or just hanging out in the trailer during periods of heavy rain, it was not that noticeable. I did have stabilizers down so I think that minimized the engine wiggle a little bit. I have been in the trailer with without the stabilizers down when the engine kicked on and it was clearly more noticeable.
Thats good news for those quickie, over night type travel stops.

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
Ok-- good datapoint. Planning to use ours while hitched in October. Thanks.

JohnnyBoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
'22 F150 501 Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
chef
Drove from near Ft. Worth to northern ND last April and never unhitched. Plugged in when not driving, had stabs down and never noticed the engine running.
Sponsored