Sponsored

Colorado Camping Trip(s)

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
Went camping this past weekend, first trip since last summer when I hit a deer (only 15 days after owning the truck :mad:). Nothing too crazy as far as off roading, but captured some great photos and had a nice relaxing weekend in the mountains. Used "Off Road" mode for the first time ever and even 4H, though most of these FSRs did not even require 4wd.

Kept the camping itself pretty primitive even though I have a PB; cooking over a fire, sleeping in a tent, only needing power to charge my phone to take more pics. Trying to figure out what other "gear" I could use with the PB to make things a little easier (less primitive), but also not jump fully into plugging in a microwave to make hot pockets.

I liked that the PB was still easily using electric mode when cruising at low speeds. The recent software update to allow the bed camera while driving was also appreciated, as it allowed me to see if any of my stuff was about to blow away when on the highway as well as make sure my dogs were OK in the bed (first time ever driving with them in the bed, specifically because they were muddy after a hike).

BTW - the LED daytime running lights and tail lights are so damn cool.

In any case, some photos I took:

Ford F-150 Colorado Camping Trip(s) 1660665087608

Ford F-150 Colorado Camping Trip(s) 1660664960424

Ford F-150 Colorado Camping Trip(s) 1660665396135

Ford F-150 Colorado Camping Trip(s) 1660665526623

Ford F-150 Colorado Camping Trip(s) 1660665714108

Ford F-150 Colorado Camping Trip(s) 1660665758437
Sponsored

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
NICE PHOTOS TURBO. I NOTICED THAT YOUR HORN COVER LOOKS JUST AS SHITTY AS MINE LIKE A WEATHERED PIECE OF PLASTIC. ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD INTERIOR PRODUCT THAT LASTS. ARMORALL ISNT CUTTN IT.

OP
OP
turbospartan

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NICE PHOTOS TURBO. I NOTICED THAT YOUR HORN COVER LOOKS JUST AS SHITTY AS MINE LIKE A WEATHERED PIECE OF PLASTIC. ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD INTERIOR PRODUCT THAT LASTS. ARMORALL ISNT CUTTN IT.
Yep - no idea why it is fading / turning kind of dusty white. Haven't really tried any products on it yet, but I am interested in hearing what might work.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I just finished a trip by myself (June 8th to July 20th). Started in Maryland. I did one week in Colorado. The bulk of the rest of the trip included Utah, Nevada, Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Wyoming. In Colorado I loved Buena Vista and areas near Ouray for primitive camping. I did the entire six week trip primitive camping only using my truck or tent for sleeping. The game changer for me was a microwave oven, dometic fridge, and Jackery to keep the fridge running at night or while I enjoyed hiking.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Yep - no idea why it is fading / turning kind of dusty white. Haven't really tried any products on it yet, but I am interested in hearing what might work.
Did you use sunscreen recently? I’ve had that white dusty look on cars before from sunscreen and *some* brands of hand sanitizer. Interior usually it comes off with Armor All. Exterior was harder, it just kept smearing around. Ended up needing to use a solvent and then wax it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
turbospartan

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you use sunscreen recently? I’ve had that white dusty look on cars before from sunscreen and *some* brands of hand sanitizer. Interior usually it comes off with Armor All. Exterior was harder, it just kept smearing around. Ended up needing to use a solvent and then wax it.
Nope, no sun screen that I recall. Colorado is very sunny though, so I figured maybe the sun is drying things out as it sits in my driveway?

OP
OP
turbospartan

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Random bump, but I used Griot's Interior Cleaner and a horsehair brush and the white went away

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Went camping this past weekend, first trip since last summer when I hit a deer (only 15 days after owning the truck :mad:). Nothing too crazy as far as off roading, but captured some great photos and had a nice relaxing weekend in the mountains. Used "Off Road" mode for the first time ever and even 4H, though most of these FSRs did not even require 4wd.

Kept the camping itself pretty primitive even though I have a PB; cooking over a fire, sleeping in a tent, only needing power to charge my phone to take more pics. Trying to figure out what other "gear" I could use with the PB to make things a little easier (less primitive), but also not jump fully into plugging in a microwave to make hot pockets.

I liked that the PB was still easily using electric mode when cruising at low speeds. The recent software update to allow the bed camera while driving was also appreciated, as it allowed me to see if any of my stuff was about to blow away when on the highway as well as make sure my dogs were OK in the bed (first time ever driving with them in the bed, specifically because they were muddy after a hike).

1660665087608.png

1660664960424.png

1660665396135.png

1660665526623.png

1660665714108.png

1660665758437.png
I know this is an old thread, but where specifically did you go?

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist

1660665087608.png

1660664960424.png

1660665396135.png

1660665526623.png

1660665714108.png

1660665758437.png
I agree about not going overboard on your usage, however I think a nice coffee maker is nice. I also absolutely love my 50 quart compressor cooler, it has two compartments that you can control separately, and you don't have to run it constantly because it'll still keep things cold, but even if you did it only draws around 45 watts per hour, I imagine you can even get a small battery pack to run it for several hours and then charge the battery pack. For me it's a game changer not having to purchase ice or make ice myself. On that note, I also purchased a countertop style ice machine, that's a game changer as well. Of course now we're starting to get out of control again aren't we. 😏
Sponsored