Camp Stove

Johickery

First Name
Johic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 2014
Looking to pick up a good quality 2 burner camping stove and as a backup SHTF stove. I know Colemans are the defacto standard and I was wanting a dual fuel model because I already have a Coleman dual fuel lantern (285 series) and single burner stove (533) but to be honest, I just don't care for the Coleman dual fuel camp stoves. They seem big, bulky, heavy and yet not very well made. I also looked at their propane stoves but they don't seem as well made as their old ones?
I did however recently come across the Primus 2 burner camp stove and they seem to be pretty well built? I know in general Primus has a good rep but I'm not sure about their camp stove line? Also, Primus's web site only shows the Profile series but online I also see an "Alti" model that looks similar? Is the Alti model just a older version of the Profile model?
Any other brands\models I should be looking at?
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
If your truck is a Powerboost you should look at Induction stoves. Cook in a hurricane, no wind issues.

madsend81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 157" WB
Occupation
Engineer
I have a Coleman 2 burner camp stove. Bought it about 17 years ago brand new. It's never given me any issues everytime I've pulled it out. It has a piezo electric ignitor. Cooked plenty of bacon, eggs and pancakes on it.

Honestly the design of a propane campstove is so simple there isn't much to go wrong with them, unless you abuse them during transport. But I store it with the original box.

KirkG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150
I have had good luck with Camp Chef. Also check out kovea stoves

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Big fan of the Blacstone 21” griddle With the attached cover.

Sponsored

Chappy133

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired US Army
Had the same Coleman stove since 1982. Used it throughout North America. Did a propane conversion which is just swapping out the tank with a gas connection tube and valve. No modification to the stove. Store the tank in the stove with the propane connection. If I was buying new I would get a dual fuel or one that runs on gasoline.

Derekmson

First Name
Denial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 2012
I've been a Dweller camping pellet stove fan for years, and I recommend their camping pellet stove enough. I have the Profile Dual Fuel, and it's the perfect balance of quality, performance, and versatility. It's lightweight enough for backpacking, boils water like a champ, and handles wind like a pro. Plus, the dual fuel capability gives me peace of mind knowing I can always find fuel, even in remote areas.

Last edited:

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I have a Coleman 2 burner camp stove. Bought it about 17 years ago brand new. It's never given me any issues everytime I've pulled it out. It has a piezo electric ignitor. Cooked plenty of bacon, eggs and pancakes on it.

Honestly the design of a propane campstove is so simple there isn't much to go wrong with them, unless you abuse them during transport. But I store it with the original box.
I also have a Coleman 2 burner. Mine was inherited and is from the 70’s. I have even abused mine in transport ( forgot to close my tailgate and it fell out). Despite a few dents and broken latch it still works perfectly fine.

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I always just make a fire on the ground with a grate overtop. Lighter, easier to clean, cheaper, takes up less space, and of course cooks very quickly.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
When traveling with our trailer we use a Blackstone 22". When trying to pack a little lighter and car/truck camping we use a weber q1200, on this I did switch out one of the grills for a griddle (available on amazon). Planning on doing a 5 day hike this summer so did picked up a FireMaple Polaris burner recently, haven't tested it out yet.
Sponsored