Brake Light Engaged?

TravisM

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I have a 2023 ford f150 with the 5.0, right at 2100 miles and my emergency brake light is on and won’t shut off. I’ve disconnected the battery and it doesn’t reset it. Engaging it and disengage still works. Just the light stays on. Then says 12 v battery state of charge low

Ford F-150 Brake Light Engaged? IMG_9083

Ford F-150 Brake Light Engaged? IMG_9082
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
That notice on the dash is NOT the parking brake. Check your brake fluid under hood to be sure all is well there.

Low 12v battery will cause all sorts of weird issues.
Try charging battery to see if that changes anything.

2100 miles though I'd be calling dealer to make them fix it and I hate going to dealer for anything.

OP
OP
TravisM

TravisM

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I appreciate all your help thanks. I drove my truck then the battery light went away said fully restored. Super odd

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
You'll find there are plenty of posts here about battery issues.

I just installed an H8 size battery in my Lariat to fix my own battery problems. H8 normally used for diesel will fit all trucks except Powerboost. Those can only fit H7 size.

Charge battery with AGM charger and if it keeps happening get battery tested. Even new batteries can go bad. Ford will have a warranty on battery but many here dislike Motorcraft batteries.

OP
OP
TravisM

TravisM

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Thank you so much I’m new to the ford game to I appreciate all the help

Sponsored

OP
OP
TravisM

TravisM

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I drove it to town. Came home swapped out my new cold air intake. Disconnected the battery while I did it. Connected it and turned it on. No issues. Let my truck sit for a few hours and started it. Then this. It ran for 30 seconds then said fully charge or fully something. I’ll try and get it when I get off work

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
@Snakebitten I've never seen this screen shot before. "State of charge low" OP has a 2023, I wonder if this is part of the most recent IPC update our trucks just received.

IMG_9082.jpeg
Someone referenced this, but didn't post picture, in one of the many threads about battery about a month ago. I don't think it is new, just rare. Maybe when SOC gets to critical low level?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Someone referenced this, but didn't post picture, in one of the many threads about battery about a month ago. I don't think it is new, just rare. Maybe when SOC gets to critical low level?
I would tend to think this is new in the current software. Thru all of 21 and most of 22 I never had this pop up, and with the crap batteries I had in my truck back then it certainly should have. Sometimes SOC's as low as 30% it certainly should have made that screen pop. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TravisM

TravisM

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
If it’s a software issue then am I gonna have to just deal with it? Or do u suggest me ask ford to look at it

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
If it’s a software issue then am I gonna have to just deal with it? Or do u suggest me ask ford to look at it
Sorry, we are getting off track as we often do in this forum.

Check brake fluid to be sure no real issue there.
Check battery terminals are tight since you had that disconnected.
Try to charge up the battery and see if that helps with both messages.
Connect the negative to the outward side of the BMS module attached to negative post and not directly to the battery. That will allow the truck to detect the battery is being charged.
If still issues then I would go to dealer because you shouldn't have issues such low miles. I would say go right to dealer but being so close to holiday I doubt they would see you.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Oh no, there's no problem with you truck at all, that warning should go away as soon as your truck relearns its state of charge. Something the 21 and 22 trucks never warned you of. Your all good there. :)

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
What he said is true. Your issues might just go away after truck relearns battery state of charge which requires 8 hours parked undisturbed.

I'm really hoping for you that it all that you have just an electrical glitch and not an actual brake problem.