Brake failure today

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Today I was driving around town with my two kids when the instrument panel lite up, and my brake pedal went spongy then stiff. The ABS light, Traction control light, Hill assist and Parking brake light turned on. The messages on the screen were “ service advanced track, hill assist disabled, collision assist disabled and a few more. It almost seems like the truck went into limp mode.

The brakes themselves were very spongy and would lock up if too much ( very little) pressure was applied.

I kid you not, this happened right in front of the dealer I bought the truck from. I pulled into service, was written up, both car seats in a used car and dropped off at my house in no time.

Dealer is going to keep the car and see what the heck is going on. I am just glad nothing major happened with both my boys in the back seat.

I can not say enough good about how the dealer handled it and got me and the kids home. Top Notch job by Ford!

These type of thing happen, its why we have warranty’s. I am glad it happened in front of the dealer and not on my commute to work in Detroit or on the freeway going up north.

I will keep this thread posted .
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Today I was driving around town with my two kids when the instrument panel lite up, and my brake pedal went spongy then stiff. The ABS light, Traction control light, Hill assist and Parking brake light turned on. The messages on the screen were “ service advanced track, hill assist disabled, collision assist disabled and a few more. It almost seems like the truck went into limp mode.

The brakes themselves were very spongy and would lock up if too much ( very little) pressure was applied.

I kid you not, this happened right in front of the dealer I bought the truck from. I pulled into service, was written up, both car seats in a used car and dropped off at my house in no time.

Dealer is going to keep the car and see what the heck is going on. I am just glad nothing major happened with both my boys in the back seat.

I can not say enough good about how the dealer handled it and got me and the kids home. Top Notch job by Ford!

These type of thing happen, its why we have warranty’s. I am glad it happened in front of the dealer and not on my commute to work in Detroit or on the freeway going up north.

I will keep this thread posted .
You should fill out your signature so we know what you have beyond an F150

BCP28

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2023 Ford Mach-E4x
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
Buschlatte

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2021 XLT. Super crew. 2.7. 4x4. Hell I don’t know the rear end
Made in Dearborn around the same time as the recall

Sponsored

BCP28

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2023 Ford Mach-E4x
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure where to find that.
Should be on your window sticker. Should also have month/year on the white weight and tire sticker in the door jamb.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have had this situation happen 3 times, but no dash lights come one, take it into dealership and they said no issues. I last had the truck at the dealer the end of August and no issues since. They said they didn't do anything and since they couldn't replicate, bring it back when the issue happens again.

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
Mine went out in a restaurant parking lot. Started up and all kinds of bell, lights, and streamers were going off. Thought well let me see if it will drive. You could put the brakes to the floor and the truck would not slow down for a few seconds then all of as sudden the electric brakes would kick in and lock the truck down! Trying to gauge that in traffic was pretty exciting! Be careful! Once the brake booster was replaced all is well. Driving a truck with essentially trailer brakes takes a little getting used to.
Sponsored