Sponsored

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
How did you '21 guys get BC and the OTA updates working?

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
By buying a mongoose and a FDRS license and updating my truck myself. Since then I have received every single OTA that has become available.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I never had issues with mine from the get go. Last time I took it in for service though they did also do a manual update but at that point it had already updated to BlueCruise.

Sponsored

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I never had issues with mine from the get go. Last time I took it in for service though they did also do a manual update but at that point it had already updated to BlueCruise.
What dealer did you use that knew how to update manually? I'm just North of Denver.

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
I just paid for mine also. Just expired the middle of March. What the heck?

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
What dealer did you use that knew how to update manually? I'm just North of Denver.
Ken Garff in Fort Collins was able to get mine working........2021 Lariat super cab

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Phil Long Ford in Lakewood. I had brought it first for some other warranty work to Larry H Miller and they had it 10 days and didn’t even open the door.

Phil Long I thought was great - they did the other warranty work and were servicing it and the flash was on the service report even though I did t ask for it. It took them like a week but they gave me a loaner which Larry H Miller did not.

I also took it to Barbee Freeway Ford or whatever just for service and that place seems like a bunch of scammers. They talked me into a coolant change which after paying $500 for it I looked at the manual and the initial coolant is rated for 200k miles…

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Phil Long Ford in Lakewood. I had brought it first for some other warranty work to Larry H Miller and they had it 10 days and didn’t even open the door.

Phil Long I thought was great - they did the other warranty work and were servicing it and the flash was on the service report even though I did t ask for it. It took them like a week but they gave me a loaner which Larry H Miller did not.

I also took it to Barbee Freeway Ford or whatever just for service and that place seems like a bunch of scammers. They talked me into a coolant change which after paying $500 for it I looked at the manual and the initial coolant is rated for 200k miles…
That's who I bought my truck from (Barbee)...

I have to say the branch manager was excellent to work with. I can't say the same for the salesman.

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's who I bought my truck from (Barbee)...

I have to say the branch manager was excellent to work with. I can't say the same for the salesman.
Yeah I also think their shop is a separate entity. It’s like on the other side of the highway a half mile away and seems like they mostly do fleet service.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
lol I just got a message through fordpass (big eyeroll emoji) that my bluecruise is now active!

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
My dealership finally got mine to accept the updates after 6 months of attempts. I was ready to do the mongoose, FDRS route before they finally fixed it. My husband got a battery tender out of it.

Razdaddy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Manufacturing
Just got an email saying my Bluecruise trial extended until end of the year. It was to expire next month. Least they could do since it took forever to enable in the first place.

scshot-png.png
I'm still going back and forth between the dealership and Ford to get my BC going on my '21 platinum!!! The dealership tried and failed last week.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Took a look at my connected services in the Ford app and I see that BC has been extended to Dec . 31, 2023. No notification from ford, was expiring August 13, this year last time I looked.
Sponsored