First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I'm going to be a bit simple and ignorant here. I would like to replace my lug nuts on my Sport 20" wheels to be black. Ford sells a set for $165 and I think that is just crazy, but also I just don't want to buy some crap that might fall apart or rust (In my research I've found some that have rusted).

anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced set of lug nuts that fit the F150?
Sponsored

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Thank you both. @Kidder, you got me on the right path and @UGADawg96 You found the same place I did.

It's half the price of the Ford option Though I think the Ford ones are 2 piece lug nuts.

Is there any benefit to a 2 piece lug nut?

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)

Sponsored

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
Multiple of the soft, chrome capped OEM lug nuts stripped on my 2013. I replaced them with a set of black one piece units from Gorilla. They held up great. The powder coat finish never chipped and they didn't rust, even through many Canadian winters.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
The black lug nuts are going to the first thing I do to my truck. That Gorilla set looks nice.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Kind of old thread but I got a nice set of black lug nuts from Threadstrong. The are well made from a known US manufacturer of fasteners. They are still on sale for $72 for a set of 24. They fit perfectly on my OEM 20” black wheels. The website has before and after pics of the Ford black wheels with their nuts.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
I’ve used the main brands out there. My recommendation is McGard. They will last longer. I ordered this set from Jegs. Spent more for the locking lugs.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I have the Ford accessories. Only have them on for a week, but swapping them onto our Expedition.

I've been on the hunt for spline nut in black. My F150 is getting wheels that have small diameter recess for the lug nuts.

Tried to source mcgard but they are crazy expensive for 24.

Ordered the Gorilla black spline. I'll post up when they arrive.

Sponsored

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
Kind of old thread but I got a nice set of black lug nuts from Threadstrong. The are well made from a known US manufacturer of fasteners. They are still on sale for $72 for a set of 24. They fit perfectly on my OEM 20” black wheels. The website has before and after pics of the Ford black wheels with their nuts.
I just ordered these, can't believe the BAP wheels come with chrome lug nuts

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I just ordered these, can't believe the BAP wheels come with chrome lug nuts
And if you get the BAP with the single exhaust, you get the chrome tip instead of the black one. :( I'll be replacing both lugs and tip on my dime.

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
And if you get the BAP with the single exhaust, you get the chrome tip instead of the black one. :( I'll be replacing both lugs and tip on my dime.
Dont remind me, lol
I think I'm going to have some corsa black tips welded on and maybe tighten up vertical fitment if possible. Not sure it's worth $400 after labor but need something more than a chrome tip or straight exhaust pipe.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Dont remind me, lol
I think I'm going to have some corsa black tips welded on and maybe tighten up vertical fitment if possible. Not sure it's worth $400 after labor but need something more than a chrome tip or straight exhaust pipe.
Yup, I dropped about $350 for the black lug nuts, Ford black exhaust tip and the labor to weld the tip on.
Sponsored