Black Exhaust Tip options?

Bikertrash

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB 502A BAP FX4 SCrew Aggate BAP Tow
Actually just painted it and left to cure in the sunshine turning it every 10 minutes or so.

Used a 2x2 piece of wood and screws to hold it from the inside while painting and curing.

Used high temp ceramic engine paint.
Sponsored

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
But that is a 5" inlet. Will it work on the 2021/2022 F-150's 3"pipe?
Sorry, posted link to incorrect size but if you select your year of truck it should give the correct size. There are a number of different inlet sizes.

You can also reach out to @Stage3Motorsports here and sure they can provide the correct item.

OP
OP
jaggah

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
I was anxious painting the chrome tip on my BAP but I took my time, did multiple thin coats and it ended up looking great.
image.jpg
How hard was it to remove the tip?

Bikertrash

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB 502A BAP FX4 SCrew Aggate BAP Tow
Tip came off easy, grabbed it and twisted slightly as I pulled. Mine had “ears” on the inside that use friction to hold tip on.

OP
OP
jaggah

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
Tip came off easy, grabbed it and twisted slightly as I pulled. Mine had “ears” on the inside that use friction to hold tip on.
Im not sure why the new tip requires trimming then do you think I can install it straight on?

Sponsored

z-man

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I painted mine with high temp ceramic primer and then black. I had to bake it 3 times at different temps for the primer and the black paint. It has been on since November and is holding up great.
Ford F-150 Black Exhaust Tip options? PXL_20221130_181815819

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I bet you can see it from the back though.

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
@diambo4life you can't unless you kneel down and look under the truck. when you mount the exhaust tip you face the clamp up so it's hidden really well. i'll be making a thread with all the stuff i've done to my truck and i'll be sure to snap some photos of it to prove that it's actually really clean. keep in mind if you go this route you have to chop off 7.5 inches of your exhaust pipe.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
@diambo4life you can't unless you kneel down and look under the truck. when you mount the exhaust tip you face the clamp up so it's hidden really well. i'll be making a thread with all the stuff i've done to my truck and i'll be sure to snap some photos of it to prove that it's actually really clean. keep in mind if you go this route you have to chop off 7.5 inches of your exhaust pipe.
You don’t HAVE to. I didn’t when I installed mine and I’m glad I didn’t because I just removed it while returning it all to stock and was able to slip the chrome one right back on

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
You don’t HAVE to. I didn’t when I installed mine and I’m glad I didn’t because I just removed it while returning it all to stock and was able to slip the chrome one right back on
Of course you don't have to but it doesn't look very good if you don't cut the tail pipe. I'm never going back to stock so i didn't mind chopping it.

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
@dolsen you have yours mounted farther down the tail pipe which is completely fine but I have mine mounted in line with the side of the truck and when i did that i could easily see the stock exhaust tip which did not look good at all.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
@dolsen you have yours mounted farther down the tail pipe which is completely fine but I have mine mounted in line with the side of the truck and when i did that i could easily see the stock exhaust tip which did not look good at all.
It didn’t stick out past the wheel and only barely stuck out past the bed. The stock exhaust tucks up under the bed a little bit. I think it looks fine. Your *opinion* is that it does not look good.

To each their own
Sponsored