First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Lariat 3.5L FX4 Sport
Occupation
BlueLine
Okay so if anyone is interested I've measured outside diameter on the tailpipe and at least on mine is 3.14 in . Will have to look for a tip that has 3.25 inner diameter

find any thing yet? I have the same issue. I have always replaced my exhaust tip because I can't stand chrome. So this year they make it just a fraction larger to screw us just a bit. Usually use the MRBP brand. they do flake and rust in Canadian winters but I wire brush that off and a fresh coat of pain makes it look good again.
Sponsored

CooleyOne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
FWIW, I'm a little late to this post, but was having the SAME issue. Problem is that ID stock tailpipe is 3.0". The OD is 3 1/8" (3.125"). Note: this is on my 2021 Powerboost. Therefore, most 3" exhaust tips make a great Butt Joint, but NOT a slip joint. For example, the Flowmaster is 'exactly' the same ID/OD dimensions. You therefore need to get it expanded/enlarged to fit. (ps - don't use the cheap $25 pipe expanders from amazon, it will break/threads strip - voice of experience here). Haven't tried the HeavyDuty pipe expanders, though they'll prob work great. Keep in mind, the pipe expanders are usually about 3-4" long, so that's about as far as you'll be able to slide the tip on. IF the tip is 14" like the Flowmaster, that tip will be sticking 10" farther out.

I like the bully tip, personally. And that's more designed for a 'universal' fit. Alternatively, for <$1k you can get a MBRP catback exhaust with "free" black tip built in! lol. Then again, the Powerboost is 'excluded' from MBRP (at least) given the hybrid nature of it's exhaust components.

Last edited:

Kodacom

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost, 87' Toyota 4Runner
Folks, I'm going to try this later today on my 2021 powerboost lariat's factory chrome tip. It came off with twist and pull, seems to go back on okay.
how to

Picking primer and flat black paint up at Lowe's in a bit:
primer, paint
skipping the tar and wax removal as mine looks brand new still. Will follow the primer and paint instructions to the letter. Can follow up on results if interested?

mdmeints

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer, 2008 Sea Ray
Occupation
Retired
Folks, I'm going to try this later today on my 2021 powerboost lariat's factory chrome tip. It came off with twist and pull, seems to go back on okay.
how to

primer, paint
skipping the tar and wax removal as mine looks brand new still. Will follow the primer and paint instructions to the letter. Can follow up on results if interested?
I did that and used Rustoleum engine flat black. Works great

dsheppard20

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2021 F150 Powerboost Full Hybrid
how to

primer, paint
How did this work out? My powerboost just came in and I’m doing a chrome delete. Dealer said they can’t paint the exhaust tip…need to find one that fits.

Sponsored

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7 eco Space White
how to

primer, paint
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing your results and hearing about your process.

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Anyone else able to pull theirs off? Tried this morning with all my might and it will twist just a bit but not come off.

Scratch that. I was able to use the wooden handle of hammer against the back edge and another hammer to knock it loose. Also had to pull and twist really hard.

Last edited:

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
How does it look if you just remove the tip?
I’d like to cut it off where you can’t see it, but don’t want exhaust gases staining stuff under my bed.
I don’t want to put anything that looks aftermarket like the Bully tip.
So how bad does a bald trip look?

Sponsored

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
I actually bought a 3" clamp on a while ago...only to find its a little too small.
For $50 Can this Bully will do just fine

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Which tip is this? Does this replace this current chrome one?
Replaces the stock chrome.
Found it at Can tire here in Canada.
I painted the stock one too....when this gets messed up it'll go on.