Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite

Spacefx4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 eco boost
Finally received the 14th gen specific fox 2.5 Factory elites and had them installed 2 days ago. Came from rough county n3 level coils and oe rear shocks. I’m running 295/70r18 (34”) LT ko2 on method +18.

Is this the budget gentleman’s Raptor?

On road comfort and tuning has been great. From what very limited time on dirt and washboard I’ve driven in the past 2 days, these are going to be amazing off road.

So far the on-road (the amazingly smooth as glass Colorado pavement) buttery sweat spot for me is 2 clicks fast and 3 clicks slow Clockwise from full open on the DSC. I’m currently matching front and rear settings.

I realize you can spend forever looking for different combos, so as people start to get these, I’d love for everyone to share their DSC setting for specific driving conditions and loads.

Lastly I’m only able to get +6 clicks CW high speed compression before the dial is too hard to turn by hand. I’m going to call fox but thought if any suspension tuners wanted to chime in. There are supposed to be 10 levels each speed. And honestly at +6 they are about as firm as I’d ever want to go.

Ford F-150 Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite IMG_9128
Sponsored

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Finally received the 14th gen specific fox 2.5 Factory elites and had them installed 2 days ago. Came from rough county n3 level coils and oe rear shocks. I’m running 295/70r18 (34”) LT ko2 on method +18.

Is this the budget gentleman’s Raptor?

On road comfort and tuning has been great. From what very limited time on dirt and washboard I’ve driven in the past 2 days, these are going to be amazing off road.

So far the on-road (the amazingly smooth as glass Colorado pavement) buttery sweat spot for me is 2 clicks fast and 3 clicks slow Clockwise from full open on the DSC. I’m currently matching front and rear settings.

I realize you can spend forever looking for different combos, so as people start to get these, I’d love for everyone to share their DSC setting for specific driving conditions and loads.

Lastly I’m only able to get +6 clicks CW high speed compression before the dial is too hard to turn by hand. I’m going to call fox but thought if any suspension tuners wanted to chime in. There are supposed to be 10 levels each speed. And honestly at +6 they are about as firm as I’d ever want to go.

IMG_9128.jpeg
The ability to adjust is nice - especially if the adjustment range covers what someone would need for HDPP rear leaf springs.

Does this require a 2" lift or does it simply support "up to" a 2 inch front lift?

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...ake=Ford&model=F-150&year=2022&position=Front

OP
OP
Spacefx4

Spacefx4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 eco boost

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
It’s 0-2”. It ships at 2” and that’s what I installed.
So I looked at the PDF for the installation.

It's not clear how the ride height is adjusted. From the pictures of the strut body (front), there doesn't seem to be threads to make height adjustments.

OP
OP
Spacefx4

Spacefx4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 eco boost

It's not clear how the ride height is adjusted. From the pictures of the strut body (front), there doesn't seem to be threads to make height adjustments.

The picture in the install guide is smooth mine has threads 🧐

Ford F-150 Best DSC settings for Fox 2.5 Factory Elite IMG_9132

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Settings are subjective.
Whatever tickles your fancy is the right settings.

The good news is they are high quality damping all across the available range, so they can't be adjusted to "poor", if you know what I mean.

I got pretty used to walking around the truck and quickly adjusting all four corners, equally, in the "direction" that made sense for what I was fixing to do.
Big increase in Payload? Increase damping.
Finished with RV vacation, return them to my normal.

Off road slow pace, might leave them be. Off Road crisp pace, jump out and firm them up a bit and go.

Really good kit. So much more chassis composure.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Since these are aluminum bodies, you can't adjust the ride height without taking the tension off the front coil springs right? (as opposed to steel strut bodies)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spacefx4

Spacefx4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 eco boost
Good question, I don’t have a clue. I wouldn’t try it myself. I did notice mine are fully topped out on the threads and it gave me the 2” level I wanted. If they are adjusted, it would just lift the truck more. Fox says they are 0-2” and they ship set at 2” from the factory. So I’m actually thinking the 2” lift they claim is the minimum with the strut and the 0-2” adjustability is actually 2” min lift up to 4“ of lift over stock.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
The picture in the install guide is smooth mine has threads 🧐

IMG_9132.jpeg
Since these are aluminum bodies, you can't adjust the ride height without taking the tension off the front coil springs right? (as opposed to steel strut bodies)
Good question, I don’t have a clue. I wouldn’t try it myself. I did notice mine are fully topped out on the threads and it gave me the 2” level I wanted. If they are adjusted, it would just lift the truck more. Fox says they are 0-2” and they ship set at 2” from the factory. So I’m actually thinking the 2” lift they claim is the minimum with the strut and the 0-2” adjustability is actually 2” min lift up to 4“ of lift over stock.
Interesting. So it seems like there are threads on the strut body underneath the top of the coil spring so that seems to indicate that your springs are not at the maximum preload adjustment.

But what I can't see from the pictures is if there's anymore threads above the top of the coil spring which would allow you to decrease the preload.

I would think that if you're lifting the front any more than 2", Fox would specify that you need aftermarket front control arms in the way that they do for their Factory Race 3.0 series:

https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php?m=truck&make=Ford&model=F-150&year=2022&position=ALL

Sponsored

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Very interested in upgrading to these from the fox 2.0. I would love to have some adjustability. How is the ride on the street compared to stock at the softest setting?

DualDawg

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired fire service
☝☝☝ Same question as mxwrk above. I’ve read so many reviews and watched so many videos on the different shock options and performance that my brain has turned to mush on the subject. Reviews on all the options are all
over the place. Ready to buy this kit for many reasons but REALLY don’t want a stiffer/harsher ride than stock when I’m not loaded or towing.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Spacefx4

Spacefx4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 eco boost
Hey DualDawg and MXWRK, sorry I didn’t see the new posts come through. I was the same way and read every review and watched every video but just had to take the plunge for the 2.5s.

After running these for over a month now, I can speak from some actual on road experience. At the softest setting (fully open, hi speed and low speed, front and rear) they are slightly softer than stock and the RC level strut they replaced. I’ve run Bilstien 5100s on my 15’ F150 and they are a little softer than those too. So I wouldn’t be afraid of a “stiffer” or harsher ride. That being said they are softer, but not as much as I hoped. The are definitely more planted.

I’ve never owned a Raptor, or driven one for that matter, but I was chasing the legendary plush Raptor ride you always hear about. I think I was coming from unrealistic expectations. My wife drives an Escalade platinum, so I have a skewed sense of “soft”.

I’m finding out that suspension “feel” and ”performance” are very different and other factors like the new eibach springs that come on the coilover and my 34” E rated BFGs make as big of difference as the actual shock absorber for on road Feel. For off road though, the harder you push these 2.5’s, the better they work. They blow away the stock suspension in off road performance. I’ve had maybe 400-500 lbs in the bed in city driving and the adjustability is phenomenal to control the load. The best thing about these, obviously, is the ability to adjust them differently, front & rear, low and high speed And after a month of mostly city and highway driving, I’m finding I like the high-speed compression turned all the way down and the low speed compression on setting four or five. This gives the truck a plush ride (not too bouncy), but feeling very planted with minimal body roll, which is kind of unique.

Although these were expensive, I’m happy with the results and performance. I plan to keep my truck a long time and having the adjustability for all my driving conditions in the long run is worth it. Oh, and they look cool. Anyways, hope this helps.

konoplya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Hey DualDawg and MXWRK, sorry I didn’t see the new posts come through. I was the same way and read every review and watched every video but just had to take the plunge for the 2.5s.

After running these for over a month now, I can speak from some actual on road experience. At the softest setting (fully open, hi speed and low speed, front and rear) they are slightly softer than stock and the RC level strut they replaced. I’ve run Bilstien 5100s on my 15’ F150 and they are a little softer than those too. So I wouldn’t be afraid of a “stiffer” or harsher ride. That being said they are softer, but not as much as I hoped. The are definitely more planted.

I’ve never owned a Raptor, or driven one for that matter, but I was chasing the legendary plush Raptor ride you always hear about. I think I was coming from unrealistic expectations. My wife drives an Escalade platinum, so I have a skewed sense of “soft”.

I’m finding out that suspension “feel” and ”performance” are very different and other factors like the new eibach springs that come on the coilover and my 34” E rated BFGs make as big of difference as the actual shock absorber for on road Feel. For off road though, the harder you push these 2.5’s, the better they work. They blow away the stock suspension in off road performance. I’ve had maybe 400-500 lbs in the bed in city driving and the adjustability is phenomenal to control the load. The best thing about these, obviously, is the ability to adjust them differently, front & rear, low and high speed And after a month of mostly city and highway driving, I’m finding I like the high-speed compression turned all the way down and the low speed compression on setting four or five. This gives the truck a plush ride (not too bouncy), but feeling very planted with minimal body roll, which is kind of unique.

Although these were expensive, I’m happy with the results and performance. I plan to keep my truck a long time and having the adjustability for all my driving conditions in the long run is worth it. Oh, and they look cool. Anyways, hope this helps.
thanks for the super helpful write up. i just got these front and back with coilovers on my truck. i also run my high speed wide open and low speed at 4 clicks in the city. haven't taken it off road yet, but what settings are you running off road?

OP
OP
Spacefx4

Spacefx4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 eco boost
thanks for the super helpful write up. i just got these front and back with coilovers on my truck. i also run my high speed wide open and low speed at 4 clicks in the city. haven't taken it off road yet, but what settings are you running off road?
For higher speed forest service roads and washboard/pothole, I turn up the high speed and low speed compression to about 4 or 5 clicks. For rock crawling or high articulation (very slow vehicle speed) I actually fully open both up. I’m still playing with the settings for lower speed off roading.
Sponsored