Sponsored

Bed and Cab Sizing for the 2021 (bed cover from previous gen possibly fits)

JD&JD

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 f150 lariat super crew -2015 escape titanium - 2000 f150 club cab
Occupation
retired industrial electrician - still farming
Went to Truxedo web site today. They now have 2021 part's listed, 2020 & 2021 have the same part nu. 598301 low pro. That should confirm same size box.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Went to Truxedo web site today. They now have 2021 part's listed, 2020 & 2021 have the same part nu. 598301 low pro. That should confirm same size box.
Nice! I am wanting to eventually get a Truxedo Sentry CT for the bed after mine gets here!

fordman2112

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum , Rapid Red Powerboost, BAP
Occupation
retired
I am looking at the BAKFLIP MX4, and they show a different part number for the 2020, and the 2021. They run $970.00 now.

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I just got this email back from ARE about the fiberglass tops. looks like mother thing to wait on.

Hello

The Fiberglass units are not available at this time. The DCU Aluminum units are available.

Fiberglass units are in design stage and we have no ETA at this time. The 2020 Ford F150 units will NOT fit the new 2021 F150’s.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I have a Retrax roll back bed cover on my 2019 Limited, I called Retrax and they told me my cover would fit the 2021 trucks

Sponsored

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
I just got this email back from ARE about the fiberglass tops. looks like mother thing to wait on.

Hello

The Fiberglass units are not available at this time. The DCU Aluminum units are available.

Fiberglass units are in design stage and we have no ETA at this time. The 2020 Ford F150 units will NOT fit the new 2021 F150’s.
You got a much better response than I did, at least they confirmed the 2020 model won’t be the same. Thanks for the info

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Got this from Under Cover/Back Flip.

Hello Robert,

Yes, the swing case from the 2018 will fit the 2021 F150 truck. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks

Tony Dollarhide Customer Service Manager

UnderCover Inc.

59 Absolute Drive, Rogersville MO 65742 | USA

Desk 417-929-0612 | 1-866-900-8800

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Can anyone personally recommend a Tri-fold, low-profile, and secure bed cover? Wasn't a huge fan of the one I had.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Can anyone personally recommend a Tri-fold, low-profile, and secure bed cover? Wasn't a huge fan of the one I had.
I am getting the Lomax tri fold because it is nearly zero profile (I think 1/4 inch?) and is fully removable with no tools or loose nuts.

By far the most popular is the Bak MX4 which I believe is zero profile and has the best rear window flip up position. It just isnt quite as removable as the Lomax for my needs. Also, I believe if you order the Ford folding tonneau, it is an MX4 with the Ford logo.

I think there are a few others by ARE and an interesting one by Peragon that are super low profile as well.

I think most are secured by the tailgate lock, while the Peragon has a key I think? Anyway, hope that helps.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I am getting the Lomax tri fold because it is nearly zero profile (I think 1/4 inch?) and is fully removable with no tools or loose nuts.

By far the most popular is the Bak MX4 which I believe is zero profile and has the best rear window flip up position. It just isnt quite as removable as the Lomax for my needs. Also, I believe if you order the Ford folding tonneau, it is an MX4 with the Ford logo.

I think there are a few others by ARE and an interesting one by Peragon that are super low profile as well.

I think most are secured by the tailgate lock, while the Peragon has a key I think? Anyway, hope that helps.

That helps a great deal. I had a retractable one that I had to send back because you could get in in 2 seconds by slipping your fingers in the middle at the tailgate and pulling up hard. to reach that cable release. I want to get a good one this time.

Sponsored

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
I'll be trying my bak revolver X4 from my 2015. I used to go with the bakflip fibermax tri-fold, but once I went with the revolver I won't go back. Its SO clean, easy, etc. I didn't like losing the rear window visibility, and the revolver rolls up so you don't lose any space but also see out the back window. It also has all aluminum for the cover, so you can put a substantial amount of weight on it.

Having owned both a tri-fold and the revolver, I won't go back to tri-folds.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I'll be trying my bak revolver X4 from my 2015. I used to go with the bakflip fibermax tri-fold, but once I went with the revolver I won't go back. Its SO clean, easy, etc. I didn't like losing the rear window visibility, and the revolver rolls up so you don't lose any space but also see out the back window. It also has all aluminum for the cover, so you can put a substantial amount of weight on it.

That is a good looking cover too.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I’m kinda interested in the Peragon retractable.
But I won’t order one until they start doing colors again.
Getting it mostly in case she takes MY truck shopping.
It appears to easily removed and stored in the cab for use of the full bed.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 XLT Sport Powerboost
Occupation
Energy

Did you get your truck and did your cover fit? Thanks

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
Did you get your truck and did your cover fit? Thanks
I JUST got the truck in Friday, 3 days ago... I haven't tried it yet because I'm getting bed spray in the next few days and I also want to clean/back to black the cover before putting it on. I'll. report back when I find out :)
Sponsored