Sponsored

BAKFLIP MX4 tonneau cover and RCI bed rack?

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
i'm shopping for a bed rack for my truck which has Backflip MX4 cover. i really like the low profile look of the RCI 12" HD rack, and according to their website, if i purchase the bed bar tonneau adapters, then it will fit with my Backflip cover. has anyone with Backflip cover installed this particular rack? thanks in advance.
Sponsored

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
Any idea how tall the panels are for your bed length? They might be taller that the rack height, which means that while the rack will fit over the cover, but you might not be able to open it.

The tonneau adapters add 3 inches accordig to their website, and the rack top is 12 inches above the bedrail, so I would guess that you will have 12-13 inches below the rack with the adapters

The bak roll top cover might be a better choice with a low rack

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
Any idea how tall the panels are for your bed length? They might be taller that the rack height, which means that while the rack will fit over the cover, but you might not be able to open it.

The tonneau adapters add 3 inches accordig to their website, and the rack top is 12 inches above the bedrail, so I would guess that you will have 12-13 inches below the rack with the adapters

The bak roll top cover might be a better choice with a low rack

good point, i think you're right, the cover was only opened once during our 4 months of ownership, so i guess it's not a big deal if it can't open all the way. there's no perfect way to go about this, either build a camper rig or use the truck like it was intended to be, meaning hauling large items.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As an option, I use the adarac low rack with the roll top bak x4s:
Ford F-150 BAKFLIP MX4 tonneau cover and RCI bed rack? l3ilzd-zapxlbtjisgcd1i8aicng9wxjzkyq-w2400-jpg-

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you happy with his setup? Seems like this is the only crossbar setup I can find that you can use with a folding tonneau cover. My only gripe is how much the brackets stick out when the rails are removed, a lower profile would be perfect. Do you know of any other companys making similar products?
Tutuapp 9Apps
I've been happy and had no issues... I feel like I have seen other options, but cannot seem to find any ATM
Sponsored