Bad dealership experience

OP
OP

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
Thank you everyone for the feedback so far. I plan to contact some of the recommended dealers this week and will update the group on how it turns out.
Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
I've had two different salesman try to sell me a Platinum after I asked about 502a Lariat Sport Packages, because it's "practically a Platinum"... Except the price difference, and excessive chrome vs no chrome. If they paid attention at all one of them would have gotten my business.
Right? But they're kind of right. The are pretty close. If your rich and the 6-10k difference is pocket change. lol.

Ark LTD

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (ordering), Range Rover
would you mind sharing what dealer you ended up with? I’m flexible enough to travel and am in a similar part of the country. I’ve been calling several but best offer I’ve gotten is $500 over invoice.
Check out Ken Garff Ford in Utah (American Fork). Their website lists pretty good discounts off the top. Not as low as invoice . . . But 3K+ off MSRP plus all current rebates/incentives.

Streetmuziq

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW Golf R
X plan is the way to go. I feel like it’s a fair price without the hassle. Just sign up for mustang club of America for 25 bucks.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
X plan is the way to go. I feel like it’s a fair price without the hassle. Just sign up for mustang club of America for 25 bucks.
Just signed up for it, but it's saying you need to be a member for 60 days for it to count for x plan. Do you know if that's true?

Sponsored

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
Just signed up for it, but it's saying you need to be a member for 60 days for it to count for x plan. Do you know if that's true?
No. You can generate the PIN as soon as you pay.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Thanks, generated the pin and printed out the x plan for the truck I reserved so hopefully it helps.
What's great too is that it shows you a breakdown of incentives available in your zip code, and allows you to build out a configuration with AZDX-plan prices.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
would you mind sharing what dealer you ended up with? I’m flexible enough to travel and am in a similar part of the country. I’ve been calling several but best offer I’ve gotten is $500 over invoice.
If Idaho is in your geographic range, consider this Ford dealership in Rexburg. I’m driving about 4 hours to buy my truck there, and they were recommended to me by the forum member ldsavow. They did 1000 under invoice + incentives for me. The downside is that I think they have limited allocations and though I ordered in September, my build date isn’t until Feb 8. Russ has seemed very honest and helpful to me. Hopefully no surprises when it comes time to pick it up and pay, but I really don’t think there will be. Every communication thus far has seemed very open and honest.
-Ryan

Ford F-150 Bad dealership experience RussEmmitt2.format_png.resize_200x
Russ Emmitt
Sales Manager, Woody Smith Ford
Phone: 208.356.3636 | Fax: 208.356.9714
Address: 535 S Yellowstone Hwy | Rexburg, ID | 83440
Ford F-150 Bad dealership experience 0
Ford F-150 Bad dealership experience 0

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Unfortunately, it really depends on who is running the dealership and what they have been able to get away with in the past. The two 'metro' dealers (in the larger towns in NWA) wanted MSRP + incentives. Not willing to speak to me otherwise. I spoke with Granger and was about to order when I reached out to another dealer that is only 40 minutes away. They are in a smaller, but bustling town, easy to work with, and gave me a very competitive quote right off the bat.

Grussell59

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
I have bought man new vehicles over the years and I always say if you still feel good about your purchase a month later you got a good price.
Sponsored