Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 2017 Escape, 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Pre-Sales Solution Consultant
looks great, when did you order?
Actually ended up being a shorter term decision and the dealer had a custom order truck on the lot that someone backed out of, so it was walk on the lot and pick it out! I got lucky! Right place, right time!

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Got the Retrax/Embark cover installed on the bed too! And a bonus pic in some good morning sun of the Atlas Blue too! The color definitely changes a lot in different lights!

20220824_193649.jpg

20220823_094514.jpg
I have been going back forth between the Diamondback cover and the Retrax Pro. The Retrax has everything I would want but I just do not know how much space that takes away from the 5.5 bed. I do not think I would miss it very often but I wanted to get the truck to actually see it live.

In your opinion what do you feel about the front bed loss from that Retrax.

Nice color too! I am getting that with the BAP.

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 2017 Escape, 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Pre-Sales Solution Consultant
I have been going back forth between the Diamondback cover and the Retrax Pro. The Retrax has everything I would want but I just do not know how much space that takes away from the 5.5 bed. I do not think I would miss it very often but I wanted to get the truck to actually see it live.

In your opinion what do you feel about the front bed loss from that Retrax.

Nice color too! I am getting that with the BAP.
Well, I have lived with a Retrax cover for the last 3 years on my Ranger as well, so from experience, it is quite a convenient cover and has a lot of benefits! The easy open and storage of the cover is great, along with being able to use the cover to sandwich items hanging out of the bed and use it somewhat like a tie down as well! It is very flexible as you can lock it in any position and is definitely quite strong! I also have a Yakima Bed Rack that I used on my Ranger that will transfer over, and having the t-track mounting options on the side rails of the bed cover is also a big plus!

As for lost bed space due to the "toolbox" for the cover, 95% of the time it has never been a big deal and well worth the hassle! there is still enough space under the roll to slide in boards, paddles, and anything that is not too tall, and even packing on trips, I just picked small/softer items to pack under there if I needed to load the full bed! The biggest issue was when i just needed that 6" or less more room in the bed for a taller item and I could have closed the tailgate...it was a little annoying. But the times I really ran into that issue were few and far between, and I used my truck bed all the time!

If you will be hauling big items all the time, it is something to consider, but if you mainly travel with gear of trips and stuff like that, and occasionally need larger items in the bed, you can definitely live with the bit of lost space, the benefits are really great! And the fact that you can pic how far you want the cover open and lock it down, as well as the ease of storage...I do recommend!

With that being said, I have never used a Diamondback cover so I can't speak to any of the convinces, pros and cons, or anything else on that cover! but let me know if you do want to see any pics or measurements or anything like that and I can send some other pics ur way!

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I like the Atlas blue in sport but don't think it looks good with BAP. It's my least favorite color with BAP.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
My new purchase. My first rodeo with Ford. Came from a Tundra.
F150.jpg
F150A.jpg
What made you switch from a Tundra? Curious as I almost bought a '22 Tundra instead of an F150.