Sponsored

Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February?

jfpetey

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
phantom 2024 King Ranch Hybrid
Another useless email from Ford....no real info. Shut up and wait.
Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 2.11.26 PM
Sponsored

Gerry D

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Another useless email from Ford....no real info. Shut up and wait.
Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 2.11.26 PM.png
Don't feel bad, I've gotten three of those emails over the past 6 months and I'm still waiting. Contacted Ford chat at least 8 times and get nothing more.

jfpetey

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saw your profile pic, I’m a Marine too, Semper Fi

Gerry D

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Saw your profile pic, I’m a Marine too, Semper Fi
OOHRAH brother. I served from 1961 to 1968. Miss those days. Life was simple and straightforward. Thank you for serving to our Country and Corps.

jfpetey

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OOHRAH brother. I served from 1961 to 1968. Miss those days. Life was simple and straightforward. Thank you for serving to our Country and Corps.
2 July 1990 - 1 June 24…both active and reserve. Going to miss it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CarbonMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 XL Regular Cab
I finally was able to pick up my truck on Saturday. It was pouring rain so I wasn’t able inspected and snap a few undercarriage photos until today.

I had my dealership skip detailing anything so I could see the condition after it sat in KC for over two months, and because I wanted to do it myself ( fewer dealer installed scratches).

Good news for those still waiting on a truck is that its condition was pretty good. It looks no worse than a vehicle that sat at the airport for two weeks. Mine had less than 4 miles on it so it truly just sat.
The one head scratcher was a light coat of dust inside the glove compartment. I wonder if they leave that open after production to hold paperwork or something…

All things considered, the wait sucked but I’m glad I stayed the course and brought the truck home. It’s been awesome to drive so far!

Oh, and the tracker still shows that it’s in transit to the dealership as of today…

Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? IMG_4994
Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? 73619032162__C58FAACC-9512-4312-AFD5-318E11A705A5
Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? IMG_5295
Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? IMG_5299
Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? IMG_4993

Gerry D

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
I finally was able to pick up my truck on Saturday. It was pouring rain so I wasn’t able inspected and snap a few undercarriage photos until today.

I had my dealership skip detailing anything so I could see the condition after it sat in KC for over two months, and because I wanted to do it myself ( fewer dealer installed scratches).

Good news for those still waiting on a truck is that its condition was pretty good. It looks no worse than a vehicle that sat at the airport for two weeks. Mine had less than 4 miles on it so it truly just sat.
The one head scratcher was a light coat of dust inside the glove compartment. I wonder if they leave that open after production to hold paperwork or something…

All things considered, the wait sucked but I’m glad I stayed the course and brought the truck home. It’s been awesome to drive so far!

Oh, and the tracker still shows that it’s in transit to the dealership as of today…

IMG_4994.jpeg
73619032162__C58FAACC-9512-4312-AFD5-318E11A705A5.jpeg
IMG_5295.jpeg
IMG_5299.jpeg
IMG_4993.jpeg
Thank you for the post and pictures. My 24 Lariet has been sitting at a storage facility in Kansas at the Ford plant for the past few months on a quality hold.
Still don't have a delivery date, so hopefully when arrives it will be in decent condition. Once I get it home I will post some pictures of it. Enjoy your new truck.

OP
OP

CarbonMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you for the post and pictures. My 24 Lariet has been sitting at a storage facility in Kansas at the Ford plant for the past few months on a quality hold.
Still don't have a delivery date, so hopefully when arrives it will be in decent condition. Once I get it home I will post some pictures of it. Enjoy your new truck.
You bet, let me know if you want to see a photo of anything else!

If your truck shows up in the same condition as mine, I think you’ll be happy you waited for it. Keep us posted when you see a tracker status change or your dealer calls.

kmlars22

First Name
Kyle Larsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 702a Powerboost
My truck was delivered this weekend, and I went to inspect it yesterday. Everything looks good on it, except the exterior rubber pieces. My dealer mentioned that ford doesn’t put the protective stuff on them when they store trucks outside, so all along the windows (not just the gaskets), near the windshield, and some spots below the grill are pretty faded/stained. I should have taken a closer picture at those, but it just looks like the staining/fading you’d expect to see on a vehicle 5+ years old. The dealer is going to use a chemical cleaner on it during their detailing before I take it home. Other than that, it all looks good.

Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? IMG_8118

Sponsored

OP
OP

CarbonMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck was delivered this weekend, and I went to inspect it yesterday. Everything looks good on it, except the exterior rubber pieces. My dealer mentioned that ford doesn’t put the protective stuff on them when they store trucks outside, so all along the windows (not just the gaskets), near the windshield, and some spots below the grill are pretty faded/stained. I should have taken a closer picture at those, but it just looks like the staining/fading you’d expect to see on a vehicle 5+ years old. The dealer is going to use a chemical cleaner on it during their detailing before I take it home. Other than that, it all looks good.

IMG_8118.jpeg
Congrats on the truck delivered! I sure do like Antimatter Blue on the F-150!

My side window trim also has that dry rubber look too. I fairly confident that some CarPro Perl, or any good rubber and vinyl protection, will brighten them up to new again.

Gerry D

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Congrats on the truck delivered! I sure do like Antimatter Blue on the F-150!

My side window trim also has that dry rubber look too. I fairly confident that some CarPro Perl, or any good rubber and vinyl protection, will brighten them up to new again.
Look on www.autogeek.net they have a lot of detail products, some aren't cheap, others are reasonable. They are located in Florida and ship fairly quickly.

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
Finally took delivery of mine today. Was delivered to the dealer 5/1 but I had them install a level and a set of KO2s I had previously purchased. Also got them to adjust the alignment of the driver side door, it wasn’t flush with the back of the cab. All good now.
Just got done installing the tonneau cover and a couple little interior upgrades: leather steering wheel and adjustable lumbar support.
Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? IMG_3869

Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? IMG_3870

Ford F-150 Are you still waiting on a truck blended in January or February? IMG_3871

OP
OP

CarbonMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Finally took delivery of mine today. Was delivered to the dealer 5/1 but I had them install a level and a set of KO2s I had previously purchased. Also got them to adjust the alignment of the driver side door, it wasn’t flush with the back of the cab. All good now.
Just got done installing the tonneau cover and a couple little interior upgrades: leather steering wheel and adjustable lumbar support.
IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg

IMG_3871.jpeg
Tell me about the lumbar support and leather steering wheel, are both OEM parts or aftermarket?

WestTex277

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Oilfield

IMG_8118.jpeg
I had the exact same situation with my exterior rubber trim. My Lariat went into production 2/1, delivered April 18th. So it sat a long time at Dearborn.
I had some year old Meguiars Back-to Black trim restorer in my supplies. Used one coat on trim and it cleared it up ~70%. I plan to give it one more treatment.
Sponsored