Sponsored

April Blend Dates Built or Shipped Pattern?

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
The pattern is mid march to late April were sent to Area 51 (Ramp59). It seems when the production line is moving the chips get installed in parallel, until they run out of chips for both. The range of revised 10/31 dates across Ramp59 seems to indicate there is no priority based off build. Some trucks appear to be pilled on top of each other, while others are easily accessible. My best guess is they are going to go for the low hanging fruit in terms of access. I also think there is priority for trucks that are missing fewer modules.

It would be great if we could find someone doing the retrofits and ask them is there a method to the madness.
I agree, I am basically finding Mid March to April 30 are the trucks on hold. I also agree the ones that are easier to get to are being finished first and that is why my April 30 build has shipped and my April 29 has not.
Sponsored

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I agree, I am basically finding Mid March to April 30 are the trucks on hold. I also agree the ones that are easier to get to are being finished first and that is why my April 30 build has shipped and my April 29 has not.
You would think they would start with the front of the line in the holding location, in the order they went in.

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
You would think they would start with the front of the line in the holding location, in the order they went in.
Yeah, in a perfect world, but I have worked production and warehousing. Sometimes the first one in is the last one out just b/c they pack em in like sardines.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Yeah, I guess I am trying to figure out when they started partially building trucks, and when they started finishing trucks again. How are they completing those on the boneyard, etc? The only "held" trucks I have seen shipped are the very end of April. Those in May that are shipping seem to have been complete builds. Sucks all the way around but just seeing if there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am considering reordering the second truck b/c I don't think I want a truck that has been parked from 4/28 until 10/31 or later.
My order date was 1/15, 3/15 production , moved to parking lot on 3/24. I had a 4/5 ETA

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Looks to me like if your build was awaiting chips and was sent to pasture to await parts … it is now getting passed up when chips come in due to those chips simply being used for trucks already on or in line for build. Ford seems to have taken a bad situation and made it worse. There is absolutely no reason for folks who ordered, regardless of configuration, at the end of last year or the beginning of this year, to still be waiting for their trucks while orders put in last month get built and delivered.

my truck:
ordered 2/24
blend date 3/31
in production 4/19
original ETA 5/20
new ETA 10/31

I’ve seen countless trucks that were ordered in March, April, and now May, be built and delivered while mine sits in a field somewhere being eaten by field mice.

Sponsored

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've posted this in a lot of other places, but from all the tracking data I collected, Dearborn built incomplete trucks and stored them en masse from 3/15-4/30 (it seems with a couple of 5/1 builds thrown in for good measure, but not a lot of them). Starting 5/1, production went mostly back to normal with the great majority of trucks shipping just after coming off the production line. Since then, there have in fact been a handful of purgatory trucks released, but from what I've seen (at least in my area and on the forums) it's been primarily end of April builds. I've seen a couple of March builds, but many more April 30 builds than anything else. It seems they're going primarily Last in, First out to complete the purgatory trucks. I assume that's just because they parked the far side of the lots first and now the later builds are the closest and least double-parked.

Ordered 12/10
Blend 3/15
Produced 3/17
ETA 4/8
ETA 7/30
ETA 8/28

ETA 10/31

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Looks to me like if your build was awaiting chips and was sent to pasture to await parts … it is now getting passed up when chips come in due to those chips simply being used for trucks already on or in line for build. Ford seems to have taken a bad situation and made it worse. There is absolutely no reason for folks who ordered, regardless of configuration, at the end of last year or the beginning of this year, to still be waiting for their trucks while orders put in last month get built and delivered.

my truck:
ordered 2/24
blend date 3/31
in production 4/19
original ETA 5/20
new ETA 10/31

I’ve seen countless trucks that were ordered in March, April, and now May, be built and delivered while mine sits in a field somewhere being eaten by field mice.
Both of mine went to the boneyard, my 4/30 build has been shipped but my 4/29 build is still waiting so they are doing some off the boneyard but they have prioritized the line for sure.

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I've posted this in a lot of other places, but from all the tracking data I collected, Dearborn built incomplete trucks and stored them en masse from 3/15-4/30 (it seems with a couple of 5/1 builds thrown in for good measure, but not a lot of them). Starting 5/1, production went mostly back to normal with the great majority of trucks shipping just after coming off the production line. Since then, there have in fact been a handful of purgatory trucks released, but from what I've seen (at least in my area and on the forums) it's been primarily end of April builds. I've seen a couple of March builds, but many more April 30 builds than anything else. It seems they're going primarily Last in, First out to complete the purgatory trucks. I assume that's just because they parked the far side of the lots first and now the later builds are the closest and least double-parked.

Ordered 12/10
Blend 3/15
Produced 3/17
ETA 4/8
ETA 7/30
ETA 8/28

ETA 10/31
I agree, this is what I have seen as well. My 4/30 build was in the boneyard and has since shipped (6/8) but my 4/29 build is still waiting. I believe that the Dearborn line is shut down but opening up this coming week, could it be to finish boneyard trucks?????

Last edited:

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
I agree, this is what I have seen as well. My 4/30 build was in the boneyard and has since shipped (6/8) but my 4/29 build is still waiting. I believe that the Dearborn line is shut down this coming week, could it be to finish boneyard trucks?????
I believe Dearborn has been shut down for 2 weeks already and they're starting back up with reduced shifts (1 shift I think) tomorrow (6/14). At least that was the last thing I read. One would hope that Ford is using every available moment to finish the purgatory trucks, but judging from the relatively small number that have been released even during this shutdown, I have a hard time believing that's the case.

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I believe Dearborn has been shut down for 2 weeks already and they're starting back up with reduced shifts (1 shift I think) tomorrow (6/14). At least that was the last thing I read. One would hope that Ford is using every available moment to finish the purgatory trucks, but judging from the relatively small number that have been released even during this shutdown, I have a hard time believing that's the case.
You are right, as soon as I sent it I realized I typed the wrong thing. Maybe my one was completed b/c of the shutdown.

Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I was told by Ford that they are entirely different teams. None of the plant workers off for those weeks are working on the boneyard trucks.

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
My Truck:
Ordered 3/1
Blend 4/11
"Built" 4/24
ETA 10/31

This is a truck my dealer ordered the very next day:
Ordered 3/2
Blend 5/22
Built 5/23
Delivered 5/28
This truck is still sitting on the lot. Its a Limited Powerboost clocking in at just under 80k.

And another that was delivered to my dealer the same day as the previous truck:
Ordered 3/31
Blend 5/24
Built 5/25
Delivered 5/28
Another Powerboost, this one is just an XL.

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Reading other threads, other forums, and news articles, it seems that anything produced from around the second week of March to the very end of April is lost in the Bermuda Triangle of Trucks. It also seems that they are finishing these when they feel like it or need a smoke break lol. If it hit production in May, it is pretty much business as usual.

Mark Fischer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford F350 4x4 7.3 ltr 163,000 mile trading
Occupation
Heavy Mechanic /US ARMY 35 YRS (ret)/ Caterpillar / Pacific gas Electric
So, I am hearing those who have April Blend Dates seem to be those that are stuck in boneyard heaven. I am hoping to see if we can determine any type of trends in build and shippment.

So, here is my info (I have two orders one for my daughter, one for my son).

Order; 3/16
Blend;4/28
Build;4/29
ETA; 5/19, 8/20, 10/31
Current Status; In Production

Order; 3/16
Blend;4/29
Build;4/30
ETA;5/19, 8/20, 10/31, 6/24
Current Status; Shipped 6/8 ETA 6/18-6/24

Last built, first shipped. Are they finishing and shipping backward from build date b/c those are on the "outside of the pile"?
I have checked builds from Dearborn have never stopped coming to Northern California, they have not stopped , Kansas plant builds stopped 04 -13-2021 , my bulid was 4-14-2021 , blend 0421 and delivery was 05-19-2021 , no truck or any word if truck was ever built, Dearborn has shown 05 builds 05 blends and 05 delivers ,

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I have checked builds from Dearborn have never stopped coming to Northern California, they have not stopped , Kansas plant builds stopped 04 -13-2021 , my bulid was 4-14-2021 , blend 0421 and delivery was 05-19-2021 , no truck or any word if truck was ever built, Dearborn has shown 05 builds 05 blends and 05 delivers ,
Crazy, both of mine are Dearborn builds, both were in the boneyard on chiphold. One has been shipped the other still on hold.
Sponsored