Sponsored

April Blend Dates Built or Shipped Pattern?

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Ordered 12/10
Blend 3/15
Produced 3/17
ETA 4/8
Hire a contractor to buff out the wind and hail damage.
ETA 7/30
ETA for the new wiring harness needed to replace the ones eaten away by the nest of field mice
ETA 8/28
ETA for a contractor available to tear out the old harness, clean the mouse nests & replace the wiring harness.
ETA 10/31

ORDER A NEW TRUCK!
I have an email in to my dealer about a replacement order. My only question really is if they will honor the original promotions. With xplan and the $3700 in rebates on the original deal, I was getting an excellent price.
Sponsored

Mark Fischer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford F350 4x4 7.3 ltr 163,000 mile trading
Occupation
Heavy Mechanic /US ARMY 35 YRS (ret)/ Caterpillar / Pacific gas Electric
Crazy, both of mine are Dearborn builds, both were in the boneyard on chiphold. One has been shipped the other still on hold.
Well the dealers that’s I have started looking at for a different f150 are showing all Dearborn vehicle window stickers ,k being delivered , most are 5.5 ft beds and I have seen several blend dates and order dates from March to May trucks being built and delivered, No Kansas trucks being delivered ,

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ordered 12/10
Blend 3/15
Produced 3/17
ETA 4/8
Hire a contractor to buff out the wind and hail damage.
ETA 7/30
ETA for the new wiring harness needed to replace the ones eaten away by the nest of field mice
ETA 8/28
ETA for a contractor available to tear out the old harness, clean the mouse nests & replace the wiring harness.
ETA 10/31

ORDER A NEW TRUCK!
I submitted a new order last week after going back and forth with the dealership GM and regional Ford rep for several weeks. The regional rep finally agreed that it would probably be a good idea to submit another order and said that he would give it the best priority code. It's just unfortunate that I'm reordering so late in the game. Shame on me for thinking that this would be resolved by Ford if I could just explain the issue to the right people. From other threads, it sounds like other regional reps and dealers have been suggesting new orders for some time, so a bunch of people - most of which probably submitted their first order after mine - are ahead of me again... I assume dealers just want extra trucks to sell and regional reps would rather just fast track another order than try to figure out how to get a particular truck out of cold storage. Anyway, it all sucks... I guess my new copy-paste tracking block should be this:

Ordered 12/10
Blend 3/15
Produced 3/17
ETA 4/8
ETA 7/30
ETA 8/28

ETA 10/31

Ordered 6/11

:poop:

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I really wish we had some way of knowing the true numbers of how many trucks were in the holding lot (I've heard somewhere around 30k thrown around, but unsure if that's verified) and how many have actually made it out so far. I know very few here have been released, but let's be honest, Ford produces around 1M of these every year, we're looking at an extremely small sample size. If there are 30k trucks sitting in that lot, there are probably what, 25 or so people from this site that actually have trucks sitting in there? You're talking about us tracking less than .1% (About 1/1000th) of trucks we're all trying to base their progress on. Obviously a big number of them are dealer lot orders, custom orders from people not on this site etc etc.

If we just knew how many of the total they had completed so far it would be so much easier to gauge how long it may take to get through them all. Someone needs satellite imagery to get time lapse photos of the lots to see what sort of dent they've taken out of it so far. Or maybe someone can get a drone over there to do some reconnaissance...

I would really hope the stories I've seen about Ford not planning on getting through the lot anytime soon isn't true, it just seems like bad business. I don't personally have a truck stuck in there, but feel for you guys who do.

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
I really wish we had some way of knowing the true numbers of how many trucks were in the holding lot (I've heard somewhere around 30k thrown around, but unsure if that's verified) and how many have actually made it out so far. I know very few here have been released, but let's be honest, Ford produces around 1M of these every year, we're looking at an extremely small sample size. If there are 30k trucks sitting in that lot, there are probably what, 25 or so people from this site that actually have trucks sitting in there? You're talking about us tracking less than .1% (About 1/1000th) of trucks we're all trying to base their progress on. Obviously a big number of them are dealer lot orders, custom orders from people not on this site etc etc.

If we just knew how many of the total they had completed so far it would be so much easier to gauge how long it may take to get through them all. Someone needs satellite imagery to get time lapse photos of the lots to see what sort of dent they've taken out of it so far. Or maybe someone can get a drone over there to do some reconnaissance...

I would really hope the stories I've seen about Ford not planning on getting through the lot anytime soon isn't true, it just seems like bad business. I don't personally have a truck stuck in there, but feel for you guys who do.

I am at least 1 of those 25!

Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016

I just heard it from an executive from Ford. The boneyard trucks are put on the back burner until September and October. They are going to continue working on a very few but it would be like winning the lottery.

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I just heard it from an executive from Ford. The boneyard trucks are put on the back burner until September and October. They are going to continue working on a very few but it would be like winning the lottery.
Seems as though quite a few from this build week have been shipped in the past week in talking to others in the forum.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Seems as though quite a few from this build week have been shipped in the past week in talking to others in the forum.
Yes, basically she said they were packed like sardines. The few rows they could get to first would be the last week (most likely mid April) they partially built trucks without chips. My week was the first week they started parking them so it's in the back. Keep in mind they parked more than 15,000 trucks. They have probably shipped 200. At that rate it would take 75 weeks to get to mine. My reorder should be here in 3 weeks.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Yes, basically she said they were packed like sardines. The few rows they could get to first would be the last week (most likely mid April) they partially built trucks without chips. My week was the first week they started parking them so it's in the back. Keep in mind they parked more than 15,000 trucks. They have probably shipped 200. At that rate it would take 75 weeks to get to mine. My reorder should be here in 3 weeks.
You frequently reference having conversations with “Ford executives” and then refuse to post anything of substance other than “you’re all screwed”. Is the number of 200 trucks completed in this past week from these insiders, or just an assumption you’ve made?

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
You frequently reference having conversations with “Ford executives” and then refuse to post anything of substance other than “you’re all screwed”. Is the number of 200 trucks completed in this past week from these insiders, or just an assumption you’ve made?
Definitely my assumption. I fully believe they don't know but the comment was "VERY FEW". I wish I could get more solid information, they will not offer any real details. But I can tell you I was told last in first out was their opinion and the older the order the less likely it will be soon. The bulk will be in September or October. I don't care if you believe me or not. I am not posting their contact info. I did the work to find it. I bailed on my January order and have another truck ordered. With luck it will be here in a few weeks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Definitely my assumption. I fully believe they don't know but the comment was "VERY FEW". I wish I could get more solid information, they will not offer any real details. But I can tell you I was told last in first out was their opinion and the older the order the less likely it will be soon. The bulk will be in September or October. I don't care if you believe me or not. I am not posting their contact info. I did the work to find it. I bailed on my January order and have another truck ordered. With luck it will be here in a few weeks.
This is similar to what my dealer told me but said I was lucky b/c my 4/30 and 4/29 build dates were some of the last to be parked so should finish sooner than those who have waited longer.

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
I ordered 3/17
Blend date 4/21
ETA 10/31
Current Status : in Production
I ordered 2/5
Blend date 3/29
Current status : in Production
ETA 10/31

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Wasn't accusing you of just making everything up or anything, but was trying to see what was actual fact you had heard vs what you were assuming on your own. So this was just a contact at Ford you hunted down on your own? When you were asked earlier you were being a little elusive so I wasn't sure if you already knew someone directly (Friend etc) who was in a knowledgable position at Ford or you were an outside like the rest of us who happened to get lucky actually getting ahold of something over there.

While I agree it's definitely going to take them a while to get every last one of those trucks out of the lots, the number of people who got updates on their April builds and random trucks showing up at dealer lots just 2 days into this week makes me think they're making an honest effort to work through the piles. I would hope more than 200 trucks a week anyway. Obviously still going to be a long wait for people like you who were one of the first ones parked though.

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB, 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Retired
Ordered a King Ranch PB on Feb 22.
Truck was built last week of March and scheduled for delivery the week of April 5.
Stored.
Delivered yesterday, June 15.

That's progress. Keep the hope everyone.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Wasn't accusing you of just making everything up or anything, but was trying to see what was actual fact you had heard vs what you were assuming on your own. So this was just a contact at Ford you hunted down on your own? When you were asked earlier you were being a little elusive so I wasn't sure if you already knew someone directly (Friend etc) who was in a knowledgable position at Ford or you were an outside like the rest of us who happened to get lucky actually getting ahold of something over there.

While I agree it's definitely going to take them a while to get every last one of those trucks out of the lots, the number of people who got updates on their April builds and random trucks showing up at dealer lots just 2 days into this week makes me think they're making an honest effort to work through the piles. I would hope more than 200 trucks a week anyway. Obviously still going to be a long wait for people like you who were one of the first ones parked though.
Both,
Friend owns 2 Ford dealerships. Even he is given very little information. We have been working up the ladder through his contacts since mid April. From week to week and from level to level the information changes. I am texting, emailing and talking to fairly high level at this point and again the information is not very detailed. The latest info I got Monday was: Very little effort and chip availability is going to the boneyard. They have no real process and the trucks are parked in a way that basically the last trucks in are the first out. They are not seeking out specific orders in the boneyard. VERY FEW are shipping daily. They have been told that the lion share of those trucks are not going to ship until September and October. Early on they attempted to locate my truck and it was a waste of time. A new order was entered but the plants have been closed for weeks and just started to build again Monday. There is no information as to how long this delivery of chips will last until a pause happens again. And to make things any dimmer the information in their systems is a mess. Last Monday my first truck changed to complete and delivered to carrier with no ETA. When I saw that I called Ford and after checking several things that was a system glitch. I have a truck that should be here by first week in July but there is nothing to insure they don't run out of chips again.
Sponsored