Sponsored

Anyone know where Find and how Remove Remove Kahu Vehicle Tracker?

drcubanb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 Powerboost
My dealer pre-installed a Kahu vehicle tracker and I want to remove it. Anybody know where they stash these things in my '21 Powerboost? I didnt see it under the dash at first glance.
Sponsored

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
First I have heard of this, and upon looking it up I would not want one either. How did you find out your dealer installed one?

OP
OP
drcubanb

drcubanb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was a line listed dealer installed item they would not let me decline. Not happy about that but I don't really want to go into it.

First I have heard of this, and upon looking it up I would not want one either. How did you find out your dealer installed one?

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Uh... Is this something we should all be looking for then?

OP
OP
drcubanb

drcubanb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had to sign stuff about it during finance process. There was 4 pages of Ts&Cs dedicated to it. Check your paperwork. I think this a dealer to dealer thing. Not a nationwide Ford thing.

Uh... Is this something we should all be looking for then?

bkool2323

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
reply to
I took this from another forum. I do not have nor want this in my truck. They state it is in the kick panel.

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
Unless you have really bad credit or prior felony convictions this seems absurd to install on a truck. No way would I allow them to put this on my ride. Actual parolee's have less tracking than this!

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
NFW I'd have that or allow it to stay!

Once removed, I'd mail it to them.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
These are installed for fleet management on the dealership lot and possibly lower their insurance cost.

Then when they sell the car, it’s touted as a value added theft deterrent and they charge a 20X markup. These hardwired GPS trackers go for $15 on the free market.

They’re installed by minimum wage lot boys who probably don’t even have experience hooking up stereo systems and a quick search shows some of the piss-poor installs.

Anytime you have your wiring harness hacked up and aftermarket electrical BS added, you’re opening yourself up to phantom electrical problems and parasitic drain. The dealership I purchased from has the BT Karr system on all their trucks and luckily mine didn’t get it because I did a custom order. I told them I didn’t want it, even if it was free.

The same company that makes Kahu; Spireon, sells a nearly identical product labeled Goldstar, that incorporates an ignition cut-off. It is marketed primarily for bad credit used car dealers, so that they can kill your starter signal if you miss a car payment. I heard an NPR piece over 4 years ago concerning these systems and legislation is in the works. For now though, it’s up to the consumer to educate themselves about these products.

The messed up thing is that anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of automotive electrical systems can disable these in minutes, if not seconds.

Ford F-150 Anyone know where Find and how Remove Remove Kahu Vehicle Tracker? 796BE836-DEC3-4184-8D48-BEF510DFC7A9

https://www.hagerty.com/media/archived/dealership-installed-nightmare-2016-ram-1500-sport/

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
My dealer pre-installed a Kahu vehicle tracker and I want to remove it. Anybody know where they stash these things in my '21 Powerboost? I didnt see it under the dash at first glance.
Same here. My dealer pre-installed Kahu and I had to sign my paper, because they declined to remove the device. But they "forgot" to tell me the parent company can sell all your data, including your vehicle location etc. to third parties. I just downloaded LoJack app and read the EULA before rejecting it. I don't like this thing. Have you found your tracker finally? I looked under carpet panel but couldn't find the bug.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Looks like this company is now LoJack. You should be able to both take control of the unit and the data, so that you're the only one with access. Of course, as others note, if you signed an agreement, that's going to be a problem. You could check consumer rights in your state. It looks like these trackers are "gray area" intrusion in privacy rights and consumer protection. Of course, just about every new car (including all Fords) report their location all the time. It's a matter of how much data is shared, not "if" it's shared. Half the apps on your phone (Apple or Android) are sharing your location and all other activity on your phone down to the syllable. Personally, I'd have no trouble seeing this device experience water damage …

Toucan2442

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB
Occupation
Self Employed
I thought I was being stubborn when I made the dealer promise me they were not going to install that stupid 3rd brake light blinker add on and see y’all are getting these lol
Sponsored