Sponsored

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
Seems like all or most of the posts are people bitching about problems with their trucks. Anyone problem free and happy?
Seven weeks and 2200 miles and really not one issue. King ranch powerboost. Runs perfect has had 1 or 2 OTA updates but I’m not sure if anything significant changed. Reminds me of iPhone updates.
I hook my battery to a CTEK charger every 2 weeks or so overnight like all my cars and the battery tests good. Not sure if I need to do that or not.
It’s pretty dusty inside, the KR interior shows dust so if you like it perfect you need to get out the horsehair brushes ha ha! And touch up the ceramic coat and paint film with Griots 3-in-1 ceramic green wax it is awesome stuff. I covered the entire front in Suntek ultra and Ceramic Pro everywhere else.

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
I just passed 3K miles this weekend. Overall, really no issues. Like others, will have to get the windshield fixed due to the recall, but everything else working fine. Still loving the truck.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I’m at 1200 miles and had no issues until the latest OTA update which is causing false alarms. Love love love the truck! I think the dealership knows how to fix the alarm issue, just need to get scheduled

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Just passed 4K miles. Only issue was that Android Wireless back in Jan/Feb, but Google fixed it. Besides that, my wife seems to insist on driving it more than me.

Sponsored

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 XLT Sport Powerboost
Occupation
Energy
In the beginning I had a 12V deep sleep issue. Only once.
Early on I had a random powertrain fault message. Only once.
So far so good since then and with... 1,621 miles so far. (Had to swap over to app check miles) app stuff is pretty sweet.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
Only issue I think I have is the heated steering wheel. In my opinion it doesn't get hot enough. I have 6300 miles on her and love the truck. I will have them check the wheel temp when I get my next oil change.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I had a front camera issue that I fixed myself. Other than it, I love it. Shifts are smooth as butter, and I’m getting over 22mpg in a 3.5 eco. I will say I’ve been Sunday driving it though.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
The truck is getting ready for my first oil change and tire rotation this week. No real problems to report. Powerboost is great ... mpg ranging from 24.5 to a high of 31.5 (drove it s-l-o-w to get that ) but overall love the truck.

OP
OP

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Thanks for the replies I appreciate it's great to hear people are enjoying their trucks.

Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Few weeks 400 +- miles. No issues. Loving it !!!

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
7k miles on mine. Already drove from Austin to Colorado Springs and back.

0 issues, drives like a dream. My family and friends love it too.

Some small quirks I’ve noticed and talked about in these forums but quirks are to be expected with so much new technology. Knock on wood of course.

Power boost is everything I wanted and I get the MPG advertised. One thing I wasn’t expecting is how much this truck hauls ass.

I will say, the issues you’re reading about are important. Especially the rust. Mine has minor rust that’s been treated. I got real lucky because I didn’t know it was even a thing before I read about it here. I am disappointed with Ford on that front, because if not for that I would be able to recommend this years model with 0 reservations to anyone who asks. So what I would say instead is make sure the underside is good to go, and from there buy with confidence.
Sponsored