Sponsored

Anybody have their 24 built and/or delivered yet?

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco Wildtrak / 2023 Explorer ST Line
I just saw a Ram commercial for ‘24 model Rams 0% for 72 months or 10% off MSRP. I’m sure you could meet in the middle for price and still get the 0%.

Ford needs to step up. It’s bad enough that the tons of ‘23 F150s are still at 1.9% (most with miles, deletes, and very little off MSRP) but the ‘24s have barely started showing up yet. I want to see incentives for 2024s!
My luck is the truck shows up and I take delivery before the end of March. Then they start offering incentives in April.
Sponsored

Logan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 King Ranch
My dealer reached out to me today with a screen shot that showed my truck status is now showing as "sent offsite". We're hopeful that means my delivery window actually is March 8th-14th like I was told.
Mine was sent “offsite” on 2/16 with ETA of 2/26-3/1. Here we sit, no truck.

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The automated number I’ve been calling to track the rail car now says it arrived a couple hours ago at the Alliance Automotive Facility in North Fort Worth.

obiwankabaldi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I am convinced that chat does not know much more than most of us. In production since 1/31. Updated on 2/19. Still in production and remains there still. Chat says delivery 3/21 - 3/27. I am not holding my breath. I think is is terrible for Ford to keep customers waiting for their ordered trucks. Yes I want it to pass Quality inspection but really March of 2024 and still waiting for a truck I ordered in November of 2023. First Ford purchase and may be the last.

Aliass24

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 f150 lariat
Occupation
Fisherman
I am convinced that chat does not know much more than most of us. In production since 1/31. Updated on 2/19. Still in production and remains there still. Chat says delivery 3/21 - 3/27. I am not holding my breath. I think is is terrible for Ford to keep customers waiting for their ordered trucks. Yes I want it to pass Quality inspection but really March of 2024 and still waiting for a truck I ordered in November of 2023. First Ford purchase and may be the last.
My trucks been in production since 2/5 then sent of site on 2/19 and both chat and my dealer say it has a eta of March 5th-11 so we will see.

Sponsored

OscarMike128

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ford F-150 XLT sport, 24 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Project Manager
Rule of thumb is 4 weeks transit. So that’s right in par if you wait uodated 2/19 and delivery 4 weeks later

OP
OP
Ford4Life

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Our local Mid-Michigan news this morning reported on all of the lots around Southeast Michigan filling up with 2024 F-150's, they also showed Michigan International Speedway holding thousands of trucks there as well. Still holding for "quality checks" according to the report. I'm struggling to understand how these checks aren't being conducted and corrected 24 hours a day so they can get these things shipped. Customers like us are growing increasingly frustrated by this fiasco. We're a third of the way into 2024 and only a few XL's and STX's have shipped? That's unacceptable, Ford has been around for 120 years, you'd think they'd have this thing figured out by now.

Larry Arizona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2019 F150
Talked to my dealer about ordering a 2024, but they offered me heavy discounts on a 2023, deal was too good to pass up.

Never seen a model year rollout delayed like this.

Quality concerns on a very mild refresh seems odd.

They overbuilt 2023's for a reason (mine was a 12/23), perhaps a CAFE concern? I am sure Ford banked on much higher lightning sales to offset the CAFE requirements.

Reactions: 780

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Our local Mid-Michigan news this morning reported on all of the lots around Southeast Michigan filling up with 2024 F-150's, they also showed Michigan International Speedway holding thousands of trucks there as well. Still holding for "quality checks" according to the report. I'm struggling to understand how these checks aren't being conducted and corrected 24 hours a day so they can get these things shipped. Customers like us are growing increasingly frustrated by this fiasco. We're a third of the way into 2024 and only a few XL's and STX's have shipped? That's unacceptable, Ford has been around for 120 years, you'd think they'd have this thing figured out by now.

Maybe think of it with the mindset of waiting a little longer will be worth it for financing incentives. I’m convinced I’ll take delivery this month and miss out on “good” financing by a few weeks. I believe the current “incentives” on the ford website show they’re valid 1/3/24 thru 4/2/24. Part of me feels like it may be worth waiting to take delivery of mine until the next round of incentives come out. The Ford Credit rates are listed on the Build & Price payment calculator. I confirmed the listed rates to be accurate for my area with my dealer a couple days ago.
In my opinion, the best overall is prob the 5.9%. It’s not great by any means but I’d be pretty annoyed if they had anything lower for the 60 and 72 month rate just a couple weeks after I took delivery. Even the new 2024 Explorer has 3.9% @ 60 and 5.9% @ 72.

F150 rates in my area with Ford Credit:

3.9% @ 36
4.9% @ 48
5.9% @ 60
7.9% @ 72
9.9% @ 84

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I cannot even believe they offer 72 and 84 month loans. If you need anything over a 60 month you can’t afford the truck. That is just stupid interest cost. My 60 month loan term seemed long, and I’ve been hammering cash at principle to bring it down to 48 months.

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 RCSB XL 103A 4x4

Really pissed off from the lack of communication mostly, Ford already announced 2025 Explorers to be available THIS spring.

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I cannot even believe they offer 72 and 84 month loans. If you need anything over a 60 month you can’t afford the truck. That is just stupid interest cost. My 60 month loan term seemed long, and I’ve been hammering cash at principle to bring it down to 48 months.

There’s are a few credit unions around the country who offer a 10yr term lol

The extended term for me, personally, works to have a lower payment every month you keep the loan with ZERO intentions of keeping the loan the full term. I obviously can’t speak for anyone else (but I’d like to think others utilize this method as well) but I go for the best monthly payment/percentage rate to allow me to use someone else’s money to my advantage in the most efficient way possible. I have no intention of paying on a purchase like a vehicle for longer than a year or two. However, I’m not gonna voluntarily lock myself into a 12, 24, 36 or 48 month payment in the event that money gets tight from unforeseen circumstances.

As for “you can’t afford the truck” then you’re probably mostly right. However, not everyone’s situation is the same. That’s a very blanketed approach to the endless amounts of people who get auto loans. Personally, I’m going to use someone else’s money any chance I can if it allows me to continue making money on my investments and getting a loan with a rate that’s low enough to allow me to still be ahead. So I'm absolutely gonna jump on a 1.9% @ 72 months if available. Or even during the beginning of the “pandemic” when all the manufacturers were desperate to move inventory and they started throwing out 0% @ 84.

Last edited:

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Im surprised banks are willing to take such risks on cars. For building my house the bank wanted $130,000 down. It’s only a $300,000 house, and I have a 780 credit score and stabile career. It’s a funny situation though because I am GC’ing it myself, meaning I bought the land and hold contract. That adds risk for them. They are very risk adverse on younger homeowners it seems in general, but even the best deal I could find was $100,000 down (land purchase and then they wanted an additional 30% on construction costs on top of land). And that’s an appreciating asset they can take back. Then they go an finance cars at 8 years with nothing down lol.

Right haha

Then again, you can finance a new mattress for like 5 or 6 years. A boat or motorcycle for even longer. Unfortunately, a lot of people are uneducated and get sold on “payment” and not the true ability to attain the product.

The other BIG factor for trucks has been the point of the truck to begin with. It’s a tool. It has changed from a tool to a family vehicle. Then it turned into a luxury vehicle. Then it turned into a “statement” and “status” item. A majority of all the stuff you can get on these things these days is unnecessary. Some of it is great and a benefit but most of it isn’t needed. The great thing is that they make all kinds of trims and options. The buyer just has to be aware of what is and isn’t in their budget. I’d love to have a King Ranch or Platinum. I just don’t actually need it. So XL peasant trim is where I belong. I’m fine with it….i think lol

Last edited:

SingleSpeed427

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM REBEL (every option)
This country is going down the shitter, and I feel awful for anyone that doesn’t make 6 figures. If you don’t you are just spinning in the mud. I see why they do the long loans, it’s just sad they have to do that to get an average consumer to be a belt or afford a truck.
A different conversation (and forum probably lol), but does anyone ever consider that their expectations or spending behaviors are a little "off"?

I know quite a few people that are "struggling" making under 100K. They have $1000 cell phones with $100/month plans, cable TV and multiple streaming services (with premium channels), multiple newer TVs, the fastest Internet, eat out every day/meal, their elementary school kids have their own newest phones, $80 shoes, pay $120/month for the 3 dogs and other pets they have, etc. People spending $1200 on surgery for their "support ferret" or whatever when they don't even have a place of their own to live.

People talking about "Boomers having houses and we can't". Well.. boomers have a lifetime of working during a strong middle-class environment, earning and saving/spending responsibly so that's what they get.

As time passes, and people learn/decide to spend responsibly, they too can be in the same boat (My example.. I didn't realize that I was spending over $1200/month eating out all of the time. Started shopping and prepping my own food (and go out twice per week) an now I spend ~$550/month.. and I'm still buying treats and plenty of non-essential foods.

I could go on.. but again, probably not the right forum. ;-)
Sponsored