• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Info on Ford Options yet?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
We are two weeks away from production (non fleet/demo) and I would estimate 1 month away from the first delivery. Has anyone heard anything about Ford Options yet? All I see is the lease calculator on ford.com. Should we just use the Mach-E calculator and guesstimate from there? @Ford Motor Company do you have any info?
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ford Options on the MME forum changes every month.

Last month, the MME got a nice lower MF (1.49%) and this month it's up to 2.49%.

So until you actually get the truck, you will find out the RV, MF, down, etc for that month.

The only nice thing I heard is that the RV is higher for the Lightning compared to the MME.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Last month, the MME got a nice lower MF (1.49%) and this month it's up to 2.49%.

So until you actually get the truck, you will find out the RV, MF, down, etc for that month.

The only nice thing I heard is that the RV is higher for the Lightning compared to the MME.
I don't believe this is correct.

The non-GT/GT-PE models were 2.25%, and went up to 2.49% a few months back.
The GT/GT-PE models were 1.4% on the 2021s, and went up to 1.9%.

With Ford Options, in a handful of cities you get $2,500 as an incentive. In most you get $1,000.

Residual values are changed quarterly.

If you order, you can get the options rate at the time of order, if it's lower.

HOWEVER, note that the dealer can mark up Ford Options rates, just like Ford loans.

Last edited:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Sponsored

Kevin22

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Systems Test Engineer

hey metroshot - I remember you saying you were going to order a MME to bridge the gap till you get your lighting? Did you place an order? I am wondering if you did and if you got a production week yet?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I e-mailed my dealer, he said they don't have any info yet.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Couple of days away, still nothing I’m assuming

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
@Kevin22 - yes ordered in the same week, both F150L and MME - will see which one arrives first....

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I e-mailed my dealer, he said they don't have any info yet.
RV (residual values) are very low - similar to the MME.

That means you end up paying more of the vehicle up front during the 36/48 months.

Same thing happened on my PHEV - the RV was 41% and after the 3 years, the RV was HALF the actual value (lease end value was twice the RV) due to the craziness of the used car market.

I wonder if the F150L will fare better or worse at lease end ?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Of course Ford Options is not a lease, it's a loan with a balloon payment.

Given the interest in the Lightning, it's likely that it would make sense to selling it well before the 36/48 month period ends, and getting a new one.

For example, acquire yours, then order a new one for 2023 (assuming you will be able to).

Of course no one knows when the used market will return to "normal". But it won't be until 2024 IMO, or later.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Of course Ford Options is not a lease, it's a loan with a balloon payment.

Given the interest in the Lightning, it's likely that it would make sense to selling it well before the 36/48 month period ends, and getting a new one.

For example, acquire yours, then order a new one for 2023 (assuming you will be able to).

Of course no one knows when the used market will return to "normal". But it won't be until 2024 IMO, or later.
That actually sounds like a good idea. Although I think to myself that this particular Lightning will be a future EV classic being that it’s the First. But who knows.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
To get a truck for 2022 and 2023, you would need to have multiple reservations already. I believe that with the current reservations, 2023 production will be sold out. It's unknown when ordering will be opened to non-reservation holders. It could be 2025 my before anyone without a reservation today can order.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
RV (residual values) are very low - similar to the MME.

That means you end up paying more of the vehicle up front during the 36/48 months.

Same thing happened on my PHEV - the RV was 41% and after the 3 years, the RV was HALF the actual value (lease end value was twice the RV) due to the craziness of the used car market.

I wonder if the F150L will fare better or worse at lease end ?
Yeah, I saw the recent residual values sheet that someone posted, 47% on the Lariat ER, I believe. I can't imagine a scenario where RV would be below 47% in 36 months considering the availability will still be extremely limited for new EV trucks, let alone USED EV trucks which will just be hitting the market (in any appreciable number) at that time. RVs of 2022 F150L in 2025 will be probably be 60-80%, particularly considering the likely near term inflation forecast.

EDIT: It was mentioned that Ford Options is a good idea if they give an appreciable financing discount. Take the discount and then refinance on a standard auto loan immediately.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yeah, I saw the recent residual values sheet that someone posted, 47% on the Lariat ER, I believe. I can't imagine a scenario where RV would be below 47% in 36 months considering the availability will still be extremely limited for new EV trucks, let alone USED EV trucks which will just be hitting the market (in any appreciable number) at that time. RVs of 2022 F150L in 2025 will be probably be 60-80%, particularly considering the likely near term inflation forecast.

EDIT: It was mentioned that Ford Options is a good idea if they give an appreciable financing discount. Take the discount and then refinance on a standard auto loan immediately.
Excellent idea!

Makes sense, but how much financing discount would be given to the F150L considering the MME has been given around $2,000 incentive on Options ?
Sponsored