• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Options pricing?

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Any MME owners care to provide insight on Ford Options pricing, with some approx. values for residuals and interest rates? I assume the pricing works like a lease, but with tax credits factored into the price. As such, residual values, money factors, etc would be similar. Besides the tax credit, you have the option of a ballon payment (the residual value).
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I do find the Ford Options financing a very nice offer for the MME.

Hope it offers the same for the Lightning.

No Acquisition / inception fee - better than a lease.

Same RV & MF as a traditional lease with the option to go 36 or 48 months.
Balloon at the end makes it easy to decide whether to buy it out or return it to your dealer...

$7500 tax credit can be claimed on your next year's taxes.
https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options/

OP
OP

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Thanks for the info. The RV was an eye opener. An ICE F150 SXT super crew has an RV hovering around 60% for 36 months, I believe. I understand that EVs have lower RVs than comparable ICE counterparts, but did not expect that delta.

Hope the RV on the F150L is better than the MME, that the actual depreciation is not as bad as the RV would suggest and that the federal tax credit get extended or increased. I have to run the numbers......those holding very late F150L reservations may be moving up a spot.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Thanks for the info. The RV was an eye opener. An ICE F150 SXT super crew has an RV hovering around 60% for 36 months, I believe. I understand that EVs have lower RVs than comparable ICE counterparts, but did not expect that delta.

Hope the RV on the F150L is better than the MME, that the actual depreciation is not as bad as the RV would suggest and that the federal tax credit get extended or increased. I have to run the numbers......those holding very late F150L reservations may be moving up a spot.
I wonder if the RV is reduced because of the tax credit, either directly or indirectly. Seems like a likely explanation...

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I wonder if the RV is reduced because of the tax credit, either directly or indirectly. Seems like a likely explanation...
The residual value on all electrified vehicles has been crap on everything other than Teslas. After 6 year of driving C-Max I sold it for about 1/3 of MSRP. 6 years ago I got about half of MSRP for a 10 year old Mazda Tribute.

I think with the latest crop of EVs things will improve, eventually.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, RV on a PHEV/BEV is very low - my $35000 PHEV RV was 41% but that was after the $7500 instant cap cost reduction (Honda gave me back the fed tax credit) + $6500 discounts the car's monthly was $285/month.

Now that my lease is expiring, I am going to buy her out using my CU at 1.9% since it's been a problem free car.

But if I wanted to, I can have my CU finance it then sell her to any 3rd party dealer for $19,000 (RV = $14,000) and make $5 grand!

But I won't - my PHEV is a keeper since the battery warranty is 10 years (7 years to go).

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Yeah the RV is going to be interesting to see on the F-150. My Lariat was 73% on 24 months. It has been part of why I have leased the last couple F-150s. Still have the option to buy, but payments are fantastic for how loaded the truck is.

I think the $7500 does hurt the RV a bit, and I am worried what the Options plan will look like if a $70k F-150 comes in with even a 55% RV on 36 months, especially since unlike my ICE F-150, A-Plan won't be worth quite as much (based on how the MME A-Plan is) and won't be any incentives otherwise. I got essentially $10k off my 2021 Lariat, and this lease has been by far the worst I have had in terms of money off due to supply/chip shortage. The Lightning being even more tight on that front will be a sticker shock I suspect.

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
This may be a dumb question, but do you still use your truck for truck things when it is leased? Like getting a yard of mulch or… I don’t know, other things that mind ding up the bed? How is normal wear and tear treated on a leased truck?

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. Seems fairly generous except for say the bed of the truck being 1 panel. I would imagine most trucks have “Scratches or gouges greater than 6 inches” in the bed of the truck after a few years… right?
Guessing that's why many people spring for a bed liner.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
The residual value on all electrified vehicles has been crap on everything other than Teslas. After 6 year of driving C-Max I sold it for about 1/3 of MSRP. 6 years ago I got about half of MSRP for a 10 year old Mazda Tribute.

I think with the latest crop of EVs things will improve, eventually.
RV is only one third of of the equation. You have to guess the condition of your truck in 2-3 years (you can hedge this with a removable liner and seat covers), the contracted RV (+ the tax credit you may pocket), and the used EV market at the time of lease end. My guess is that if it is true Ford believes the 2022 is now sold out via reservations, there should be many around that will pay a premium to pay much more than RV for your truck before the 2nd Gen is offered.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks. Seems fairly generous except for say the bed of the truck being 1 panel. I would imagine most trucks have “Scratches or gouges greater than 6 inches” in the bed of the truck after a few years… right?
My dealer highly recommends a bed liner for leases. If you're going to use your truck for hauling, I would get one. You can usually pick up a Ford hard bedliner on Craigslist for cheap.
Sponsored