JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
@texski

That was well said, my 2015 SCAB continues to go up in value as well due to shortages, once I know my 22 is on the way to the dealer, I’m going to sell it. I am locked into 4% below the invoice of my truck ordered on 12/10/21. These two recent price increases have put me even further below invoice and another increase before I take delivery wouldn’t surprise me since Ford is averaging 1 increase every two months since 22 ordering began.

I do think “jumping” now would not be a bad idea if you also think inflation will continue, I don’t foresee a taper anytime soon, I remember when inflation was coming and it was just going to be transitory…

I just hope interest rates don’t spike like crazy before I take delivery.
Sponsored

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
@texski

That was well said, my 2015 SCAB continues to go up in value as well due to shortages, once I know my 22 is on the way to the dealer, I’m going to sell it. I am locked into 4% below the invoice of my truck ordered on 12/10/21. These two recent price increases have put me even further below invoice and another increase before I take delivery wouldn’t surprise me since Ford is averaging 1 increase every two months since 22 ordering began.

I do think “jumping” now would not be a bad idea if you also think inflation will continue, I don’t foresee a taper anytime soon, I remember when inflation was coming and it was just going to be transitory…

I just hope interest rates don’t spike like crazy before I take delivery.
Would your interest rate not be locked in as well at the time of order?

Simon11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a
Would your interest rate not be locked in as well at the time of order?
My understanding is that all you lock in on an order is your price. But if I'm understanding correctly with Ford you can chose the better of the Ford rate at time of order or at time of delivery. Of course outside financing will be whatever it is when you go to finance the vehicle.

Reactions: 780

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Anyone know if you place an order before the price increases, does it lock in or do you pay whatever price is invoiced at the time of delivery of the vehicle to the dealer? One dealer says the price is locked in, the other is saying its not until delivery
I got this confirmed by Granger. Once you have your order locked in, the price remains locked and will remain the same even for any minor changes. A significant change, like trim level etc. you’d have to start from scratch.

Justalfe

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Put in my order late this evening but the salesman said that his inventory manager wont be in till tommrow

if the manager puts the order in tommrow 2/15 im assuming i will get hit with the increase right.

Sponsored

Ranger621

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
Does not matter when you placed your order , the price is not in stone until the window sticker is created. You will have to work with the dealer to honor the price when placed.
If you read the full dealer notice that was posted, it states that any prior orders were under invoice price protection.

danane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ Cruiser, 1994 Jeep Wrangler
I don't remember seeing anything about an increase on the XL. Is that the case? I've been going back and forth between an XL or XLT (HDPP on either) and this would make the call a bit easier.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
I got this confirmed by Granger. Once you have your order locked in, the price remains locked and will remain the same even for any minor changes. A significant change, like trim level etc. you’d have to start from scratch.
That hasn't been my experience. I started with the XLT SR but changed yesterday to Lariat ER - pricing same as the day I ordered Wave 2.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
That hasn't been my experience. I started with the XLT SR but changed yesterday to Lariat ER - pricing same as the day I ordered Wave 2.
I believe the price increases only apply to the ICE Ford Trucks not the Lightning.

Randomseed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 King Ranch Powerboost (on order)
Iirc price code 235 is after increase,225 is before. It’ll be on your order paperwork.

Sponsored

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I placed my order prior to the price increases of February 15. At the last minute, I added a feature to my vehicle, but now want to remove it because it is deemed unnecessary for my needs. In addition, we had a color change in mind. The dealership is telling me that any changes made will be subject to the 2/15 price increase. I know this is not true. Does anyone have previous experience with this?

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I placed my order prior to the price increases of February 15. At the last minute, I added a feature to my vehicle, but now want to remove it because it is deemed unnecessary for my needs. In addition, we had a color change in mind. The dealership is telling me that any changes made will be subject to the 2/15 price increase. I know this is not true. Does anyone have previous experience with this?
How do you know it’s not true

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
How do you know it’s not true
This is not the first time I've made changes to an ordered vehicle after manufacturer price changes. I do, however, want to have other opinions in this matter for recent changes. Changing the trim is one thing, but removing an added feature or changing a color is another.

Snickerdoodle

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
This is not the first time I've made changes to an ordered vehicle after manufacturer price changes. I do, however, want to have other opinions in this matter for recent changes. Changing the trim is one thing, but removing an added feature or changing a color is another.
As someone familiar with Ford ordering process, any changes will change the MSRP... The Dealership I am familiar with is not sure if the price protection will apply to the Feb 15th price increase but it will 100% change in the dealers system. Its a Risk at this point without 100% confirmation

When I originally ordered the base price of the Truck was $51,545.00 it is now $53,925.00. Hoping I am price protected from the original order date

Last edited:

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
As someone familiar with Ford ordering process, any changes will change the MSRP... The Dealership I am familiar with is not sure if the price protection will apply to the Feb 15th price increase but it will 100% change in the dealers system. Its a Risk at this point without 100% confirmation

When I originally ordered the base price of the Truck was $51,545.00 it is now $53,925.00. Hoping I am price protected from the original order date
We’re being told by Ford Motor Co. (not going by a bible) that changes are in fact allowed as long as they are executed prior to VIN assignment, and if the vehicle order was made prior to rate changes on Feb 15, the original price MSRP would be honored.

We have some inconsistencies.

I feel this option is starting to be at the discretion of the given dealership? Did you speak with the dealership regarding the price and honoring it?

It’s an issue when you have to wait 4-6 months for a vehicle before getting a VIN, and not being able to alter absolutely anything at all during the process.
Sponsored

Last edited: