Sponsored

Am I crazy to buy now?

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
So I’ve pretty well made up my mind I want a 21 STX. I got an Xplan quote from my local dealer with 1000 trade allowance which brought my price to 41k before TTl. I feel like before the chip shortage you could have saved maybe 2-3 grand off that price but I still don’t feel like I’m being taken for a ride all things considered.

my current truck is about to roll 200k, eats oil and has rust destroying the entire body snd frame so im trying to get out of it while it still drives maintenance free.

do you think it’s dumb to buy now? Or will it really change that much in a month or 2? I keep hearing it will get worse before better so I’d you need a vehicle just do the best you can do and get it over with.

thoughts?
Sponsored

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
I personally don't need a truck, but I want a truck. The one that I ordered is still waiting to be built but I have the benefit of order time vs. pickup time allowances.

IF I were in the boat you're in, I think I would come down on the side of not spending any time wearing out the soles of my boots. My 29 year old son was driving a sound 2006 F150 that was showing no signs of any trouble with 247,000 miles on it. On the way home from work, he heard a pop and lost power. He is looking at a blown cylinder #5 and the cost of a new engine.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Buying a new vehicle is always a certain level of crazy. But if you can afford it and its the truck you want its also a fantastic luxury to be able to do.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
So I’ve pretty well made up my mind I want a 21 STX. I got an Xplan quote from my local dealer with 1000 trade allowance which brought my price to 41k before TTl. I feel like before the chip shortage you could have saved maybe 2-3 grand off that price but I still don’t feel like I’m being taken for a ride all things considered.

my current truck is about to roll 200k, eats oil and has rust destroying the entire body snd frame so im trying to get out of it while it still drives maintenance free.

do you think it’s dumb to buy now? Or will it really change that much in a month or 2? I keep hearing it will get worse before better so I’d you need a vehicle just do the best you can do and get it over with.

thoughts?
I don't think you will see any real improvement for some time and pricing has done nothing but go up with price increases and loss of rebates. 22's will certainly cost more.

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
Not crazy. I sold my 2010 for that reason, rust was overtaking the truck & not a single mechanical issue in the 140,000 miles I ran it. Sounds like a fair deal, is this Truck in stock or an order? You’ll drive it away or get it in production ??

Sponsored

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver

thoughts?
Wait for the 22's.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
If you are getting X-plan price, I don't think that there's going to be any opportunities for much better. There are forum members who ordered trucks from dealers no longer willing to honor plan pricing and a whole bunch of dealers are selling at over MSRP.

There's no way Ford won't increase MSRP for the 2022 model year. Once supply meets demand, the only thing going down will be your trade in value.

Better rebates and incentives might return in 2022 and there might be some deals on leftover 2021s that trickle in after they start making the 22s but they won't be much different and who knows what other silliness might happen.

It sounds like you need a new truck more than most of us did, I say go ahead and make a deal and not have fear of missing out on any better deals. The best deal is having a new truck to drive. Just make sure that you spray some Fluid Film or other frame treatment on that new truck before every winter and maybe mid winter if there's lots of snow and slush.

OP
OP

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
Not crazy. I sold my 2010 for that reason, rust was overtaking the truck & not a single mechanical issue in the 140,000 miles I ran it. Sounds like a fair deal, is this Truck in stock or an order? You’ll drive it away or get it in production ??
Well the STXs are a fairly common occurrence on lots around me but ironically they just sold their last one last week but another dealer has some coming this week they claim and they are honoring x plan as well.

the other dealer (who I’d rather buy from) has 3 with 5.0s in them coming soon and they said I could put a deposit on one to hold it so that might be an option. Didn’t really want the 5.0 -rather have the 2.7 - so I’d need to drive one before I go to that extent. So we’ll see....

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well the STXs are a fairly common occurrence on lots around me but ironically they just sold their last one last week but another dealer has some coming this week they claim and they are honoring x plan as well.

the other dealer (who I’d rather buy from) has 3 with 5.0s in them coming soon and they said I could put a deposit on one to hold it so that might be an option. Didn’t really want the 5.0 -rather have the 2.7 - so I’d need to drive one before I go to that extent. So we’ll see....
Get the 2.7
Quicker, more power, better fuel economy. Price of gas will only go up from here.

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
Who wants to guess the MSRP % increase for 2022? I've been wondering that myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
Who wants to guess the MSRP % increase for 2022? I've been wondering that myself.
That’s what scares me...

but I also read articles like this and think hmm should I just wait?

I really want a leadfoot stx with the 2.7 and I literally can’t find one within 300 miles of me. I told myself I’d be ok with black, white or the other grey they offer but honestly- I want leadfoot so I might just be patient....

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Suppliers are paying more for raw materials.
They have to pay workers more to come back to work.
I don’t see any way 2022 MSRP doesn’t substantially increase.
Plus we are seeing inflation this year.

OP
OP

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
Well I went ahead and bit the bullet. I put a deposit hold on a silver 21 STX with a 5.0. It drove like a dream. Going to finish up the deal Friday morning with my wife.

I got it for 43k before trade/TTl with Xplan and they were very generous on my trade given how much rust is on that truck.
Im floored!
Sponsored