Sponsored

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
Quick update for anyone needing help or wanting to do the same.

I have a 2022 Regular Cab XL with halogen lights. Installed:
Alpharex LUXX LED projector Headlights / Morimoto XB LED Tail Lights / Morimoto 3rd brake light.
Decided to go with Alpharex on the headlights bc they were half the price of the morimotos (for the LUXX) and I liked the look of the Alpharexx better.

I didn't run into any hyperflash or other issues, I do have BLIS, mirror puddle lights and Sync 4 on my truck so I think I got lucky with having upgraded electrical/wiring that helped avoid those issues.

Ford F-150 Alpharex and Morimoto headlights / taillights installed pics on 2022 XL RCSB 5.0 4

Ford F-150 Alpharex and Morimoto headlights / taillights installed pics on 2022 XL RCSB 5.0 3

Ford F-150 Alpharex and Morimoto headlights / taillights installed pics on 2022 XL RCSB 5.0 2

Ford F-150 Alpharex and Morimoto headlights / taillights installed pics on 2022 XL RCSB 5.0 1
Sponsored

OP
OP

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
If anyone's interested in total cost, did all the labor/install myself.
Morimoto taillights and 3rd brakelight: $975,
Alpharexx headlights: $855
Fuse tap+fuse for headlight DRL: $20 max

Was able to sell my old headlights and taillights on Ebay for around $750 total (after fees and shipping cost), you might be able to get more if you're more patient. 3rd light still hasn't sold yet.

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
I had the AlphaRexx headlights on my 21 SCrew and loved them. I'll probably put them on my new 23 SCrew as well (along with the Diode Dynamics fog lights).

Solid tip on the sale of the OEM fixtures. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
I had the AlphaRexx headlights on my 21 SCrew and loved them. I'll probably put them on my new 23 SCrew as well (along with the Diode Dynamics fog lights).

Solid tip on the sale of the OEM fixtures. Thanks.
Yeah I'm loving the Alpharexx, so many cool features.

If you do end up selling through Ebay use their Ebays account rates to ship (it'll give you that option once sold), it was almost half the price of using my business account or trying to ship at the store.

Davidwnuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order ‘22 RCSB.
Yeah I'm loving the Alpharexx, so many cool features.

If you do end up selling through Ebay use their Ebays account rates to ship (it'll give you that option once sold), it was almost half the price of using my business account or trying to ship at the store.
that’s awesome to know. thank you

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I put the same blacked out AR heads on my BAP XLT. With the LED projector harness, it was a simple swap, no tapping into the fuse box and running the wire.

I really like the look of them when they are off BUT I'm not a big fan of the LED, you can see the individual LED in comparison to my stockers and more noticeable that my fog lights are stock LED. The brightness is also not bang on. I have a light tint coming for the fogs which I think should balance it some.

I'm not complaining as they are sweet lights but wish they were more consistent with OEM.

Did you plug in the side marker lights? I left them unplugged, prefer not having those 3 orange bulbs illuminated.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
I'm happy with the Alpharexx compared to the stock Halogens. Did you have OEM LED headlights to begin with? My friend has the OEM LEDs on his truck and his are brighter/better though.

I had to step out to check, but my truck doesn't have any side markers lights or reflectors, so didn't have to plug those in.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Looks good!!! My Alpharex hyperflashed...so didn't work for me.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I'm happy with the Alpharexx compared to the stock Halogens. Did you have OEM LED headlights to begin with? My friend has the OEM LEDs on his truck and his are brighter/better though.

I had to step out to check, but my truck doesn't have any side markers lights or reflectors, so didn't have to plug those in.
Yes, I have stock LED reflectors. The harness purchased through AR for that was super simple.

The heads, like in your photos, show the individual LED DRL like the previous generation F150 LED headlights did. The OEM 21' LED DRL are more consistent and brighter. Still really like the look and I think the fog light tint I have coming will help make them appear more of a match.

The side orange marker on the headlights is what I was referring to. There's a harness to connect those, I left it unplugged so it's just the orange reflector and not illuminated.

OP
OP

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
Yes, I have stock LED reflectors. The harness purchased through AR for that was super simple.

The heads, like in your photos, show the individual LED DRL like the previous generation F150 LED headlights did. The OEM 21' LED DRL are more consistent and brighter. Still really like the look and I think the fog light tint I have coming will help make them appear more of a match.

The side orange marker on the headlights is what I was referring to. There's a harness to connect those, I left it unplugged so it's just the orange reflector and not illuminated.
Honestly not sure if that was an option on mine. I plugged everything in the headlight came with, had to run a tap to the fuse box for the DRLs with a little plastic harness, and a ground, not sure if I'm forgetting anything.