Sponsored

Hyperflash issues? Alpharex headlights Morimoto taillight combo

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
My XL has the stock halogen lights, I ordered Alpharexx luxx headlights and morimoto taillights. Both LED.

Alpharex were less than 1/2 price of the morimoto on headlights, and the taillights were almost the same price with only morimoto offering BLIS.

Has anyone tried this combo and experienced hyperflash? Trying to get an idea before I instill so I wan't to have to take apart half the front end again to add resistors to the headlights.

Either way I'll report back with what happens when I try the install this weekend.

Thanks
Houston
Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’m running AlphaRex Luxx up front with factory XL tails with full led swap and tint. The headlights have built in resistors and I have had good luck with them this far. Now the tail lights I can not get to stop hyper flashing I have installed resistors inline still no dice. Will have to tackle it in forscan I think.

Make sure to post pics when you make your mind up!

OP
OP

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
I’m running AlphaRex Luxx up front with factory XL tails with full led swap and tint. The headlights have built in resistors and I have had good luck with them this far. Now the tail lights I can not get to stop hyper flashing I have installed resistors inline still no dice. Will have to tackle it in forscan I think.

Awesome, thanks for the info. On the Luxx's did you actually tap into the fuse like they say in instructions, or did your daytime running lights work without it?

I think forscan is the way to go for hyperflash, especially since you couldn't solve it with resistors. I might go directly to forscan if I have the same problem since I don't want to have to cut into my taillight wires.

I'll post pictures up as soon as I get everything put on, got wheels coming in soon as well!

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Awesome, thanks for the info. On the Luxx's did you actually tap into the fuse like they say in instructions, or did your daytime running lights work without it?

I think forscan is the way to go for hyperflash, especially since you couldn't solve it with resistors. I might go directly to forscan if I have the same problem since I don't want to have to cut into my taillight wires.

I'll post pictures up as soon as I get everything put on, got wheels coming in soon as well!
Yes I used a fuse tap, but you will need a micro fuse tap and 10 amp fuse. That is not included with your purchase.

Sponsored

OP
OP

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
I'm case anyone's wondering, I had OEM halogen lights and ended up installing:

Alpharex Luxx headlights
Morimoto taillights
Replaced fog light bulbs with LED bulbs

No hyperflash issues at all.

I tested the turn signals and hazards after each install but no hyperflash at all thankfully!

OP
OP

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0

So it looked like the Morimoto taillights had built in resistors or something similar, no hyperflash issues.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Yes the Morimotos have built in resistors.
But my new red ones still hyperflash...so don't know if I will keep em

OP
OP

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
That's weird. I had base halogen lights as well, but no hyperflash.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Yes mines just picky. But will just tint factory tails.

OP
OP

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
Did you correct with forscan?
No thankfully I didn't have to mess with anything in forscan. Do you have BLIS? I do, and I'm wondering if that automatically adds some type of special resistors/taillight wiring to accomodate the sensors.