Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Isn’t c265 in the cab by the sjb?
No I don’t
Yeah, it's above the TCCM module (if 4x4) on the passenger floor. With panels removed, reach up and it's the large connector at the firewall. You can see it up there if you look. Removing the TCCM makes it much easier to deal with.

C134 is where bumper harness meets truck, as you stated it's populated it's also in C265, so you just need to add the C265 to IPMA wires.

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1713813359657-aq
Sponsored

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd
Yeah, it's above the TCCM module (if 4x4) on the passenger floor. With panels removed, reach up and it's the large connector at the firewall. You can see it up there if you look. Removing the TCCM makes it much easier to deal with.

C134 is where bumper harness meets truck, as you stated it's populated it's also in C265, so you just need to add the C265 to IPMA wires.

1713813359657-aq.png
So I ended up just splicing all the wires, I tried to get to c265 but it was a PITA. Bottom line is, it works! I didn’t have time to do the steering wheel switch but that’s another day. The only thing I noticed is, when I’m driving speed sign recognition works but the speed limit sign doesn’t show in the cluster or nav anymore. Any idea?

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? IMG_3533

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? IMG_3534

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? IMG_3535

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
So I ended up just splicing all the wires, I tried to get to c265 but it was a PITA. Bottom line is, it works! I didn’t have time to do the steering wheel switch but that’s another day. The only thing I noticed is, when I’m driving speed sign recognition works but the speed limit sign doesn’t show in the cluster or nav anymore. Any idea?
Likely a forscan change somewhere in this thread. I sold my first PB not only 4 days in after realizing there were more out there. Ford's site sucks and bought what I thought was the only PB anywhere near here. Then I found others with the features I wanted / mandatory including assist 2.0 (what you just added) and 360 cams.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Hi guys
quick question, I have the Adaptive cruise added to my truck, and everything seems to be working except I noticed the Lane centering icon turns grey when I enable Adaptive cruise, it seems to be still working on lane keeping mode (the truck will correct when i drift to the edges of the lines

weird part is when adaptive is not engaged the lane centering icon is green at times - still trying to narrow that down as to why but when it does the wheel definitely has more resistance
Does the icon change completely or just change to grey? If so you might not have everything enabled correctly for lane centering to kick in. Post a picture of what you're seeing exactly.

dave-p

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Service Tech
The Icon changes to grey when i enable adaptive, it changes color then when i get close to the lane markers but never goes green unless adaptive is off

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? IMG_3672

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? IMG_3675

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? IMG_3676

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? IMG_3677

Last edited:

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
The Icon changes to grey when i enable adaptive, it changes color then when i get close to the lane markers but never goes green unless adaptive is off
Your pictures are so small and low quality I can't make much out. The icon changes if lane centering is enabled or not. It is green when active and working and then gray when in standby.

dave-p

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Service Tech
The ICON is green before turning on adaptive when i am centered.
it turns grey when adaptive is on
it changes to orange ? when i get close to the lane markers
then turns grey when i adjust back towards centre

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I just wanted to thank both @Livnitup and @superfordman for sharing their knowledge. I haven't had a chance to complete the install yet, but I was able to use the locations on @superfordman's writeup and cross reference them with my as built values and the available values from @Livnitup's spreadsheet. I now have everything that I need for Forscan and just need to find the time to install the parts and make the changes.

Last edited:

Steve-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just a quick update, I meant to post a couple weeks ago, I got my base 2021 XL regular cab running with ACC. Ran a custom cable from CCM into the IPMA. Ordered wrong terminal wires for IPMA connector, the last 2 digits of the part number need to be CA, and they should just slide in. Twisted the can bus wires myself with a drill, used 20 guage wire. Got to the bumper without removing the grill. Actually needed to get my truck tinted at the same time as I was doing this install, the guys at the tint shop helped me run the wires thru the firewall. Steering wheel switch was pretty easy after watching videos of people removing steering wheel. Heat shrink soldered all the connections. I messed up Forscan programming because I am a dum dum and did not see the tabs on the forscan sheet. Had to reset my IPMA, but Jesseinfotainment kindly helped me get the programming figured out. Wish this video would have been out when I started, It does a great job showing the forscan changes. I also wanted Openpilot running so I had to splice CCM power into the BLIS power so Openpilot would know when the truck is on. ACC works great, Openpilot is awesome but I hope there is an update to the steering issue soon. Also if you do your install in sections or over time be careful if your ccm is plugged into you IPMA and it has not been programmed yet, it can run your battery down.

Oakstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
Since I'm doing the mod in a couple of days and I'm a "Nav Delete" guy, should I just not add the IACC menu items from the spreadsheet to the IPC and APIM changes that reference it?

I think it's just these two lines?

I would still want ESA to work. Since ESA and IACC are easy-mode changes I'd assume they can be toggled separately, but haven't checked.

IPC
Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1714083513359-rr

APIM
Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1714083552740-3m

I would like the TSR just for shits so I'd like that to be active but just never trying to do anything IACC related.
Sponsored