Sponsored

Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US???

Syclone Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 5.0L Screw 3.73 BAP
What Rapid Spec package does your lariat have? Only 502A has the projector lamps. If it does, they will be enabled. Park in front of the wall (at night lol), and turn your headlights on. I have auto lamp on so they come on automatically in the dark. The lights will perform a little dance, which is an auto aiming calibration sequence. If they do that little dance, you’re good to go.
I have the 502a and Yes they do that dance. I do see the headlights move left and right when I make those turns but I have yet to experience if the glare free high beams are active from factory for a Canadian truck.
Sponsored

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
I have the 502a and Yes they do that dance. I do see the headlights move left and right when I make those turns but I have yet to experience if the glare free high beams are active from factory for a Canadian truck.
I had a 21 lariat 502 a FX4 Sport before my Tremor, and I first experienced the glare free on a drive out west on tbe Coquihalla highway in tbe Rockies. To really appreciate it you need to fairly lightly travelled road and as the car in the far off distance approaches, the lights will lower (dip) in increments, and as the car gets even closer, they will start to shift to the right. I was actually quite stunned at how many changes occurred. Then after the car passed the beam would lift back into it straight ahead position as would be normal with any highbeam.

Last edited:

Syclone Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had a 21 lariat 502 a FX4 Sport before my Tremmor, and I first experienced the glare free on a drive out west on tbe Coquihalla highway in tbe Rockies. To really appreciate it you need to fairly lightly travelled road and as the car in the far off distance approaches, the lights will lower (dip) in increments, and as the car gets even closer, they will start to shift to the right. I was actually quite stunned at how many changes occurred. Then after the car passed the beam would lift back into it straight ahead position as would be normal with any highbeam.
Ok. I will keep more an eye next time I am out in more secluded areas and an oncoming vehicle is approching. Thank you.

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
With my 2021 Lariat 502A, I had to use Forscan to enable (unlock) the Anti Glare Lighting. Once I did that the Anti Glare lighting showed up in Sync and then I could go into Sync and turn them on.

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
How do I know if my 23 Lariat has glare free headlights? I am located in Canada and have read here that Canadian trucks have it by default. Is there a way to check? I have adaptive headlights (steering) but I have not experienced the glare free as of yet.
If your auto high beam symbol on your dash is white you don’t have it. If it’s green, you do. In your sync menu It should say glare free as an option under lighting also, I believe.

Sponsored

Syclone Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If your auto high beam symbol on your dash is white you don’t have it. If it’s green, you do. In your sync menu It should say glare free as an option under lighting also, I believe.
Yes, my high beam symbol is white. Also, I cannot find it in sync so maybe that confirms I do not have it active from factory. I wonder why some people here have it from factory and others not?

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
That is incorrect. The white Autolamp symbol in the IPC is white on mine, and is definitely functional, as are all Canadian projector AHL systems
Edit: i’m gonna take that back at least for the time being, as I check my Sync4 menu, and under the lighting subheading, I do not see glare free headlight. This will constitute a misbuild for the Canadian market, so I’m gonna have to do some further checking with my dealer. my 2021 lariat did have the menu item and the feature section (owners manual) it had a video, which also is missing.

Second edit: I performed the OBDLink EX / Forscan edit yesterday (my first ever), and I can confirm the Autolamp symbol is now green and the Autolamp menu item (on/off) has changed to Glare Free menu item (on/off).

Last edited:

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Yes, my high beam symbol is white. Also, I cannot find it in sync so maybe that confirms I do not have it active from factory. I wonder why some people here have it from factory and others not?
He is incorrect you do have the adaptive headlights!

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
With my 2021 Lariat 502A, I had to use Forscan to enable (unlock) the Anti Glare Lighting. Once I did that the Anti Glare lighting showed up in Sync and then I could go into Sync and turn them on.
I feel like an idiot; after praising glare free on my 2021 Lariat 502A, it just took me a year and 3 months to realize it’s not activated on my 22 Tremor. The final clue was the white lamp indicator in the IPC, and the lack of a glare free component in the lighting section of Sync 4. I even remember a video on my lariat in the Sync 4 Owners manual section, which is missing on my Tremor. So perhaps a little guidance here? I am looking at an OBDLink EX FORScan adaptor, and purchasing a FORScan licence; but where do I obtain specific codes for Glare Free? As a side note Adaptive HL IS active. Any help or direction will be appreciated.

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
I feel like an idiot; after praising glare free on my 2021 Lariat 502A, it just took me a year and 3 months to realize it’s not activated on my 22 Tremor. The final clue was the white lamp indicator in the IPC, and the lack of a glare free component in the lighting section of Sync 4. I even remember a video on my lariat in the Sync 4 Owners manual section, which is missing on my Tremor. So perhaps a little guidance here? I am looking at an OBDLink EX FORScan adaptor, and purchasing a FORScan licence; but where do I obtain specific codes for Glare Free? As a side note Adaptive HL IS active. Any help or direction will be appreciated.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adaptive-head-lights-coming-to-the-us.7004/#post-123015

Sponsored

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
I am by far the least knowledgably on Forskin!

I bought the OBDLink EX

Downloaded the Forscan app and got the two month license then blindly went at it, only used the easy method and did a few changes, including where it said to enable the glare free lighting. After closing Forscan realized it was still not working, Was looking through Sync and found it now listed as an option so turned it on in Sync.

Also enabled Bambi and set it so that the tail lights were also on in DRL mode.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
I am by far the least knowledgably on Forskin!

I bought the OBDLink EX

Downloaded the Forscan app and got the two month license then blindly went at it, only used the easy method and did a few changes, including where it said to enable the glare free lighting. After closing Forscan realized it was still not working, Was looking through Sync and found it now listed as an option so turned it on in Sync.

Also enabled Bambi and set it so that the tail lights were also on in DRL mode.
As you become an expert on Forscan, you should edit your above post so you don't keep giving us all a good laugh. I know it is one of the most common (and bad) spelling corrections that MS gives us.

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
As you become an expert on Forscan, you should edit your above post so you don't keep giving us all a good laugh. I know it is one of the most common (and bad) spelling corrections that MS gives us.
Pun intended, LOL

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Interesting I don’t know much about those features is there a thread about adding that on a xlt?
Update on my elusive "A". i added the sensors and ran the HCM calibration. that cleared the HCM DTCs. but still no "A".

i was messing around with IPC settings and changed the Auto high beam menu from adaptive to glare free and voila, the "A" popped right up. truck has 8" IPC still so maybe it doesn't know what adaptive means?

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Ok. I will keep more an eye next time I am out in more secluded areas and an oncoming vehicle is approaching. Thank you.
I gave you misleading information, and it's possible your glare free is not activated. I assumed, wrongly, that because it was activated on my 2021 Lariat 502A by default, that all Canadian deliveries would be. After 16 months, I'm embarrassed to say it wasn't, but I programmed it today, using OBDLink EX USB Cable (Amazon) and Forscan https://forscan.org/home.html
After watching a good Forscan tutorial, it was relatively straightforward using the programming keys:
Glare Free Menu (replaces Auto High beam) in APIM:
7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx xx- -
7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx xx- -
Note: a module reset in FORScan or power cycle is required for the menu to appear.

IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx xxx9 xx- -

SCCM
724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx - -

IPC
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx xx- -
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3 xx- -

HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01 xx- -
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx xx- -

Short bed No onboard scales / ccd
734-01-04 xx53 4E- -