First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I actually tried this the first time today. I swerved outside the lanes (both left and right) multiple times and had to put my hands on the steering wheel every 15 seconds.
Unless I'm doing something wrong I didn't see any benefit to it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
My 2ND Ford

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
It's supposed to come with 3 years so best contact them on that one.
I believe only 22's came with 3 years of free BC, our 21's only got 1 year free. Unless I am mistaken on this.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I got 3 years free on my 21

Ford F-150 Bluecruise Subscription cost. IMG_8849

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I actually tried this the first time today. I swerved outside the lanes (both left and right) multiple times and had to put my hands on the steering wheel every 15 seconds.
Unless I'm doing something wrong I didn't see any benefit to it.
You obviously weren't in blue cruise mode. Lane centering mode requires hands on the wheel or you get a warning and since you said it swerved out of lane, you either had really poor striping on the highway or you did not have lane assist engaged. Your info says Idaho so I believe the only highways with Blue Cruise mapping would be the interstates.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I believe only 22's came with 3 years of free BC, our 21's only got 1 year free. Unless I am mistaken on this.
Only '21 Job 1 trucks didn't get the 3 years of BlueCruise. The cost of the option for '21 Job 2 and later was $600 more, so the subscription cost was already included for them.

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
You obviously weren't in blue cruise mode. Lane centering mode requires hands on the wheel or you get a warning and since you said it swerved out of lane, you either had really poor striping on the highway or you did not have lane assist engaged. Your info says Idaho so I believe the only highways with Blue Cruise mapping would be the interstates.
So it only works on interstates? Ok no, I was not on a freeway, so I guess it wasn't on. Thanks for the detail.

OP
OP
My 2ND Ford

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Only '21 Job 1 trucks didn't get the 3 years of BlueCruise. The cost of the option for '21 Job 2 and later was $600 more, so the subscription cost was already included for them.
Got it, thanks for the clarification .

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So it only works on interstates? Ok no, I was not on a freeway, so I guess it wasn't on. Thanks for the detail.
Once you witness your instrument panel switch to BLUECRUISE, you won't ever wonder again if you are in Bluecruise mode.
It's not Graphically subtle, let's just say. :)

Ford F-150 Bluecruise Subscription cost. 20230331_094110

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
No. It only works on mapped roads. Most/all interstates are mapped, but there are many other non-interstate roads mapped as well. Here's the map of BlueCruise-enabled roads:

https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise/

Looks like in Idaho, most of the mapped roads are still just the interstates. But up near Spokane, it looks like there's a section of US 395 that's Bluecruise-enabled. And it looks like there's a section of US 20 near Idaho Falls that's enabled as well. Ford started with the Interstates, and is continually expanding the network of mapped routes, so this map changes over time.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I'll re-up. I like hands-free driving. My location and driving habits don't call for hands-free often. I'm sure I'll enjoy 1.2, but 1.0 is fine with me.
Sponsored