First Name
David Pollitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford f150 XLT 3.0 diesel
Occupation
Retired
Need a little help members, I did search bur didn't find anything. My friend was driving my F150, cut turn a little sharp and hit the left front bumper of a parked vehicle then right rear tire caught the parked car bumper now the car has nice white bumper with a huge black mark. We got out and found the right rear end cap in street, I try to put it back on, no go, I looked on inside and saw the plastic tabs that connect to running board were broken off, my running boards are fixed. I got to my Ford dealer today and show him the end cap, he looks up and said Ford doesn't sell that as a part, I think he is full of crap. Maybe Ford doesn't but I saw them on Amazon, I don't do Amazon now got into a beef with them and I just buy direct from party selling item with I for to look at. I can't believe my friend was the first or last person to make bad turn and break off an end cap. I saw video on YouTube, guy was replacing the end cap, said he bought truck used and it didn't have end cap so he bought one. Anybody have idea where I can get one. I like my Ford salesman, and service department, but I hate the parts department, been in there before and guy ask me why I was buying some part, I told I paid cash for damn truck and if I want to buy a part I'm going to buy a part.
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I had a similar problem with a previous F-150, the truck was 3 years old and I needed the top "Ford" cover for the board , no separate part was available, and I had to by the entire running board. 1 year later someone nerfed my right side board and bent it pretty badly. Went to the Dealer and was told there no longer available. So on a 4 year old truck my only option was to replace both.

I really don't get why Ford discontinues these so quickly from there parts listing. This sucks for collision repair. Obviously the running board are the first thing on the scene with side impacts. It really sucks that they don't force there supplier to make spare parts available and that they allow them to stop making replacements after 3 years. Just when warranty runs out!

OP
OP

Tang

First Name
David Pollitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford f150 XLT 3.0 diesel
Occupation
Retired
I had a similar problem with a previous F-150, the truck was 3 years old and I needed the top "Ford" cover for the board , no separate part was available, and I had to by the entire running board. 1 year later someone nerfed my right side board and bent it pretty badly. Went to the Dealer and was told there no longer available. So on a 4 year old truck my only option was to replace both.

I really don't get why Ford discontinues these so quickly from there parts listing. This sucks for collision repair. Obviously the running board are the first thing on the scene with side impacts. It really sucks that they don't force there supplier to make spare parts available and that they allow them to stop making replacements after 3 years. Just when warranty runs out!
I was a little PO at the parts department, I know damn good and well it's not first time and won't be the last. After I got home and finished posting and screaming at the walls and everything in house I did find the part available oemfordpars.com, I ordered up, sure looked like the end cap on my truck so they are out there just that Ford doesn't have them, I should have known better.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Dealer parts guys can really be good OR suck so bad they shouldn't even be there. I hear your frustration man! Sometimes it's best to take things into your own hands and do it yourself. Glad to here you were able to find the part.

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Bringing this back up if there's any more info available.

Was getting directed by ferry staff to re-park and the right rear dragged against another vehicle. The right rear end cap has been partially torn off. I haven't tried remounting (since I'll be submitting a claim) but curious if the end cap is available?

I'll head to Ford here to get their input but I'm hoping it can be a simple fix. A replacement board (which I believe to be ML3Z-16450-UA) costs $881 on oemfordpart.com. Pretty steep for a potentially broken plastic part (not a big deal if ferry compensates me but still!)

2022 XLT SCREW w/sport pkg. At work so Don't have my window sticker available but I'm guessing it won't give details on the running boards anyway...

Thank you!
Ford F-150 End Caps for Running Board 71CADBED-91B4-451E-A276-092B06B4948C

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
crap that was a close ferry park. WHOLLY COW

inst there a law or rule that vehicle manufacturers have to be able to have parts available for at least ten model years back?
when i order stuff for my wifes 2012 edge i use a vin for a 2014 and boom parts are here

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
crap that was a close ferry park. WHOLLY COW

inst there a law or rule that vehicle manufacturers have to be able to have parts available for at least ten model years back?
when i order stuff for my wifes 2012 edge i use a vin for a 2014 and boom parts are here
Not sure about that rule... I'll see what dealer says on parts availability, but wanted to put the question out there to the experts on the forum.

Yeah, they get parked very close on the ferries. In this case, truck was first told to park at an angle, then re-park to a better position. Was late, everyone was tired, was focused on the deckhand directing and not looking out the mirrors/using camera. They have a claims process, but need to get a quote to submit quickly.
Sponsored