UNCGrad

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
I spoke with the area manager. He agreed with what the local Line X owner said but he told me to make an appointment and talk to the owner. He may agree to spray it but might make me sign something that says if the tailgate didn't work it's not his fault. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that exemption.

I did have the premium level. Is there a thickness difference? Did everyone who respond have the premium?
Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I had the regular Line-X, $600 + tax (they sprayed my tailgate).

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
I had mine done with "Bullet liner" we don't have a local LineX dealer but it's basically the same and they sprayed the whole tailgate. They removed the tie downs and sprayed around or removed all the bolts, looks great. No clearance issues with the tailgate closing.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I just had my bed done on Friday with premium. They removed the plastic on the tailgate and covered the whole inside face of the tailgate. I was a little upset that they left the two bottom star bolts in and coated over them. They removed everything else including the bed bolts. I also had them coat the entire rear lip of the bed all the way past the hole for the tailgate wire. Looks way better from behind as it’s all black.

If the dealer wouldn’t coat the tailgate I would go somewhere else. The way that the painted part of the tailgate sticks up is going to get scratched to hell dragging stuff in and out of the truck.

For anyone that had their bed bolts removed I would highly advise double checking the torque on those bolts.

Last edited:

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Had mine Line-X Premium done this week and he told me he removed 54 bolts to spray it. My fourth truck with them and they remove everything and spray around all the edges. They had no issues removing tailgate and new tailgate plastic insert.

It looks great and will protect this truck just like the last three.

Sponsored