Sponsored

5.0l Exhaust

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 5.0
I have searched and can not find the answer I’m looking for, for those of us who don’t run their truck in sport mode 24/7 has anyone found an exhaust that sounds good, and doesn’t sounds like a Jake brake when cylinder deactivation occurs.

I had an 18 5.0 with a flowmaster flow fx muffler. It sounded awesome. Truck got wrecked. Took it off and installed it on my 22 and it sounded great till it dropped to 4 cylinders and it sounded like a Jake brake on a rig. It was annoying to say the least.

So far I have left my exhaust stock on my 22 cause I can’t find an exhaust that fits what I’m looking for. I always run my truck in normal and I don’t want to run in sport mode all the time.
Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’ve only run one setup. That’s a vibrant resonator with muffler delete. So all I have under the truck is cats and a resonator. While it’s pretty aggressive, I have been loving it. Yes you can hear the CD, but with my setup it sounds more burble like. But you can clearly hear it. I think the only way to get around this is a more toned down system. Maybe a muffler delete that keeps the factory resonator would help. Maybe the AWE system with the 180 technology in there resonator? I’m not sure, I just think if you add a system that has more volume you will hear CD. Just my $.02.

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
I have searched and can not find the answer I’m looking for, for those of us who don’t run their truck in sport mode 24/7 has anyone found an exhaust that sounds good, and doesn’t sounds like a Jake brake when cylinder deactivation occurs.

I had an 18 5.0 with a flowmaster flow fx muffler. It sounded awesome. Truck got wrecked. Took it off and installed it on my 22 and it sounded great till it dropped to 4 cylinders and it sounded like a Jake brake on a rig. It was annoying to say the least.

So far I have left my exhaust stock on my 22 cause I can’t find an exhaust that fits what I’m looking for. I always run my truck in normal and I don’t want to run in sport mode all the time.
Get a tune. It eliminates CD entirely and wakes the truck up.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Tune or tow/haul mode if you don't like sport.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I had the Magnaflow catback, and the CD killed me, lasted two weeks put stock back on.

Saturday, installed Borla Touring catback. PERFECT!!
Mild enough, at idle you barely hear it at stop lights. NO drone, and cant hear the CD. But when you throttle in...sounds perfect!!

OP
OP
Silverbullet5.0
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 5.0
I had the Magnaflow catback, and the CD killed me, lasted two weeks put stock back on.

Mild enough, at idle you barely hear it at stop lights. NO drone, and cant hear the CD. But when you throttle in...sounds perfect!!
Thanks for the info. I personally like dual 45° exits behind the rear tires. I wondering if I can just get that muffler from the kit and reuse the factory resonator and have tailpipes made by a shop

Last edited:

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for the info. I personally like dual 45° exits behind the rear tires. I wondering if I can just get that muffler from the kit and reuse the factory resonator and have tailpipes made by a shop
Probably so, I see they have dual out side, and or duals straight out back bumper, no 45's.
But that muffler should do it.
I did use their resonator that comes with the kit though, didn't retain factory.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin

I am curious how you can hear the CD from the Magnaflow and not the Borla? Borla should be louder.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I am curious how you can hear the CD from the Magnaflow and not the Borla? Borla should be louder.
This is the Touring, its barely a tick louder than OEM.
Now if I ordered the S Type or Atak, yes Id hear it.

Sponsored

aabolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT 5.0 SC
This is the Touring, its barely a tick louder than OEM.
Now if I ordered the S Type or Atak, yes Id hear it.
This is true, I have the S-type and you can clearly hear when it goes into CD. I still would not go back to stock, this engine sounds too good. Looking to tune once I get closer to being out of warranty

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin