5.0L Exhausts

Jumper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xl
I'm impatiently waiting for Borla to release their systems for the 2021's!
Last week they sent me a reply stating, Soon.
Sponsored

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV

Updated video with a couple revs (soft limiter at 4k).

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
See my earlier post - I did the same mod without the resonator delete, and it still droned like crazy and was unbearable on the freeway with even light throttle (not towing etc). I am back to 100% OEM and much happier now...
What Magnaflow did you add before you went back to OE?

I made the changes yesterday to fix that crazy drone and erratic noises and it is perfect now. I cut the 3" pipe that we welded right after the cat and replaced it with a 2.5" pipe into the factory resonator and ran it from the resonator into a 3" SI/SO 22" Magnaflow and ended with a double walled 4" tip. Zero drone @ highway speeds, zero cylinder deactivation fluctuation sound and zero down shifting noise! You and the vehicles next to you will hear it going up through the gears and it sounds better in Sport mode. It does remain mild when not on throttle and cruising. I do not expect any performance gains with this set up.

I think this would not sound good to the younger Flowmaster crowd but it sounds like a growling Coyote now, not a screaming Coyote or the factory mute Coyote they gave us. Most of all, it sounds like a V8 now.

I will add that when I had the 3" straight pipe from the cat to the 3" SI/SO it ripped in sport mode. My butt dyno felt the gains, even after a few engine cycles. Way to obnoxiously loud for me though. I own a C7 for that kind of fun.
Sponsored